YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you guys take to off-set the side effects of AAS?

Joltan

Registered
Just curious what health supplements are good to stack with your cycle?

I suggest using the search function as this subject has been covered 100's of times. Bumping up a thread with questions is gtg but this question is asked all the time and there are loads of threads with people's supplement stacks. There is another new thread on this very subject a few posts down that me and many others posted our current stacks in...

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...cals-do-you-use-long-term-overall-health.html

Stick out the first 3 weeks and try to dial it in so sides are minimal to almost none. More drugs mean more cascading side effects. There are a few things I use since I am ancient and prone to sides now even on moderate doses.

Saw palmetto: 500 mg/d for urinary issues and to reduce hair shedding
liprinosil: 5 mg/d ACE inhibitor, controls BP
Exemastane: friendly AI for emergencies if E gets high as I adjust AAS dose.
Nolvadex: same purpose as AI above.
DIM: 100-200 mg helps metabolize estrogens to less potent easily excreted estrogens

For the most part I use these sparingly and try to dial in my cycle without ancillaries. Most problems are test related by running it too high so dialing it in removes most sides at least for me. It is a trade off though since test seems to accelerate gains from other AAS.

Main thing is you will increase toxic load on the system with more ancillary drugs. You want to feel good on cycle. The gains come from the food and the training. AAS basically open the door to gains wider. The door only opens so wide before the hinges start to crack. You ahve to find the range the door can be open without strain. It's a little different for everyone so take notes and adjust which drugs and doses work for you. That's really more productive than what anyone can tell you.

I suggest using the search function as this subject has been covered 100's of times. Bumping up a thread with questions is gtg but this question is asked all the time and there are loads of threads with people's supplement stacks. There is another new thread on this very subject a few posts down that me and many others posted our current stacks in...

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...cals-do-you-use-long-term-overall-health.html

I am looking specifically for supplements to reduce the negative side effects of steroids, not general health supplements.

I am looking specifically for supplements to reduce the negative side effects of steroids, not general health supplements.

We all pretty much use steroids on here so it's the same thing. Trust me 100's of threads on supplement use to reduce the negative side effects of steroids a.k.a. health. I posted my supplement stack in that link I posted. I use various lipid, bp and liver supps because of my steroid usage. I wouldn't use half of them if I didn't use steroids. I specifically use those as steroids have a fairly big impact on my cholesterol and bp.

It's good to use health supps for preventative care but I find many people copy others for the sake of it. It's true some supps are simply good for you and should help everyone. An example I think all steroid users should benefit from ubiquinol and curcumin. However others should be used to treat your specific blood markers and current needs.

For reference here are my current supplements but I will be downsizing slightly in the near future.

Y.S. Eco Bee Farms, Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen, Bee Propolis... antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties. Rich in vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids and anti-oxidants. Reduces inflammation and oxidative stress. Great immune booster, helps cholesterol and increases nutrient/protein ulization etc.
Life Extension Once per day Health Booster- contains a variety of useful ingredients such as vitamins e and k, macaguard, saffron and lycopene. I use this for general health plus the fact it contains many very useful eye health supplements.
Life Extension Super Bio-Curcumin... anti inflammatory, anti oxidant, heart, joints etc.
Life Extension Super Ubiquinol Co Q10... heart health, cholesterol, blood pressure etc.
Ayush Herbs Carditone... blood pressure, heart, kidneys etc.
NOW Foods Pycnogenol... blood pressure, blood sugar, muscle soreness etc.
NOW Foods Blood Pressure Health... heart, blood pressure etc.
Jarrow Formula's Vitamin D... general/bone health, immunity, insulin sensitivity etc.
Sports Research Antarctic Krill Oil... general/heart health, cholesterol, joints etc.
Animal Omega... general/heart health, cholesterol, joints etc.
Thorne Research Zinc Picolinate... immune support, liver, sleep, recovery etc.
Now Food's Magnesium Threonate... cognitive function, sleep etc.
Paradise Herbs ORAC Energy Greens... general health, regularity, immune system, energy etc.
Garden of Life Raw Fibre... regularity, digestion, elimination of toxins etc.
Synthetek's Synthergine... liver health, cortisol control and anxiety.

Before eating larger meals I also use the following products...

General... NOW Foods's Super Enzymes.

High Fat meals... Ox Bile by NutriCology.

Large dairy meals... CountryLife Dairy-Zyme.

High Carb meals... Musclerage's Slin-RX.

Some of us have long lists but these are the things I couldn't go without if I have to narrow it down

Telmisartan (BP control and prevents cardiac remodeling)
Nebivolol (BP and heart rate control)
Cardarine/GW501516 (most effective for lipid control)
Curcumin (everything)
Ubiquinol (heart health)
Vitamin K/D3 (heart health)
Magnesium (everything)

Some of us have long lists but these are the things I couldn't go without if I have to narrow it down

Telmisartan (BP control and prevents cardiac remodeling)
Nebivolol (BP and heart rate control)
Cardarine/GW501516 (most effective for lipid control)
Curcumin (everything)
Ubiquinol (heart health)
Vitamin K/D3 (heart health)
Magnesium (everything)

I'd also add injectable glutathione to that list. This supplement is absolutely essential in my book for longevity and health. Metformin or berberine as well. And a good probiotics. I wouldn't go without those!

As to the cardarine, do you take it year round or only during cycles? 10mg a day?

Last edited:
I'd also add injectable glutathione to that list. This supplement is absolutely essential in my book for longevity and health. Metformin or berberine as well. And a good probiotics. I wouldn't go without those!

As to the cardarine, do you take it year round or only during cycles? 10mg a day?

Yea I use Metformin too as you know. Never tried injectable glutathione though. I just drink kefir as a probiotic now.

Cardarine only on blasts for me (which isn't that often). I'd use year round but we don't know for sure if that's 100% safe to do.

Yea I use Metformin too as you know. Never tried injectable glutathione though. I just drink kefir as a probiotic now.

Cardarine only on blasts for me (which isn't that often). I'd use year round but we don't know for sure if that's 100% safe to do.

Yeah, metformin is good stuff and I know you take it too.

Injectable glutathione is a great addition to any cycles, but, in my opinion, it should be taken year round for longevity purposes. Many anti-aging clinics prescribe it nowadays. This is a MUST supplement in my book. There are so many good benefits. You can also get your glutathione levels tested through blood work. I've done it a couple of times.

I know you are all about health. You should look into it in more depth.

I guess we shall find out if Cardarine is safe. I have been using it for over a year. I don't believe it causes cancer. I'd be much more concerned about what people are injecting into their bodies from all these UG labs. I worry a bit about heavy metals.....but fuck it. We are all gonna die one day.....I'm not ready to go anytime soon.

I guess we shall find out if Cardarine is safe. I have been using it for over a year. I don't believe it causes cancer. I'd be much more concerned about what people are injecting into their bodies from all these UG labs. I worry a bit about heavy metals.....but fuck it. We are all gonna die one day.....I'm not ready to go anytime soon.

I completely agree. The rat studies used equivalent human doses of 80g per day for two years. We have yet to hear of a single anecdotal case of a human having any problems and Metformin + other supplements are so cancer protective anyway. But still, I'd rather play it safe and use 8 weeks at a time. The price is also a lot for year round usage.

Joltan,

Including this thread, we have other threads running right now. You might be knew, and I'm not trying to be a fucking dick. Just use to search function. There's a ton of useful info on this board.

Elvia, Nothhuman, DC, Stewie, and Knight are among the most knowleable guys on this forum. I apologize if I'm leaving any other guys out. My name is Jeff is pretty damn good too.

I completely agree. The rat studies used equivalent human doses of 80g per day for two years. We have yet to hear of a single anecdotal case of a human having any problems and Metformin + other supplements are so cancer protective anyway. But still, I'd rather play it safe and use 8 weeks at a time. The price is also a lot for year round usage.

I couldn't agree more. We all tend to use similar health sups. I use Metformin all the time now. GW does get expensive....maybe I will finish my two bottles and take a break.

A couple adderalls help with the lethargy from orals ;)

Joltan,

Including this thread, we have other threads running right now. You might be knew, and I'm not trying to be a fucking dick. Just use to search function. There's a ton of useful info on this board.

Elvia, Nothhuman, DC, Stewie, and Knight are among the most knowleable guys on this forum. I apologize if I'm leaving any other guys out. My name is Jeff is pretty damn good too.

How dare you! :p

Swifto and Kaladryn......many more on this forum know a lot. I enjoy all these guys perspectives. Some totally disagree with the other, but in the end there's so much to learn from these guys.

Hell

A couple adderalls help with the lethargy from orals ;)

Adderral or Vyvanse will more than help. I just don't recommend using them simply bc they are easily misused by so many. I swear Vyvanse made me feel like being in nirvana. I could work my ass off and still do more work. The problem with Vyvanse or Addies are you have to force feed yourself. Also, once you are out, your adrenals are shot. I could sleep until 1 pm on a Saturday and feel like I wasn't even rested bc of the way they motivated me, but it doesn't take long before one isn't enough.

If I can give anyone any advice, stay away from the legal speed bc once one doesn't work, it's on to two or three a day....and you know the cycle.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws