over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do YOU mean when you say "fasted cardio"

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Many many thread responses on cardio and getting lean get posted as "30 minutes fasted cardio 4x week" or whatever.

My question is "what do you do?" For example, maybe TrinityD "fasted cardio" is 120 BPM. Mabey Sammy555 just power walks. Juggy38 does jump-rope and elliptical and hr is around 135bpm

So what is your fasted cardio? Do you keep up with HR? What do you believe is the best intensity for caloric burn/time efficiency and not cutting into CNS and muscle recovery? Sometimes I get in the zone after a starbucks Americano in the morning and I check my polar monitor and I average 140bpm for 30-40 minutes lol

No meals past midnight.. Wake up.. get my coffee/rockstar (sugar free) in then take my frag and hit the elliptical for 30-45 mins.. hr is usually 140ish

Black coffee, peptides, water...

Haha, ill respond since my name was mentioned. I just use a cross trainer as I have one at home. I don't look at bpm or use any of the fancy programs it has built in. I just put it on level 4 and build up a sweat. 20 or 30 minutes depending on goals. I tend not to do fasted cardio any more though tbh, exept on night shifts because it's convenient and helps wake me up while I'm waiting for my rice and shit to cool down . Fasted cardio to me means 0 calories, not even aminos that could spike insulin,but too be honest these days I mainly do it later in the day full of rice and chicken and it works Just as well if not better. If I was pushing for extreme leaness I would probably do some fasted with gh peps or frag. But im talking last bit of lower back fat and shredded glutes. Basically the bits I don't care about enough to suffer for if not competing

Last edited:
What do YOU mean when you say "fasted cardio"

Nothing containing calories first and foremost. No bcaa either.

Then cardio is HIIT on the treadmill. I want to die by the time I'm done. Only need 20 minutes too. It's simply more effective and don't need as much time to do it.

When Sammy555 does cardio it's eating 2 bowls of rice fast and he builds up a sweat and drops 2 lbs of fat from the rice. Fuck I want your be genetics. Lol

You remind me of an old friend. We used to work at a personal training studio in the late 90s. In between clients he'd go into the office and eat rice or any carbs he could get his hands on. All day long. If he ate anything less than 500gms of carbs a day he'd probably go hypo. Had granite abs and never did cardio.

Back on topic. Fasted cardio for me is 30-40min on treadmill at 6am. 3.5mph and vary between 5-7.5 incline.
Fasted cardio is magical.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

wake up have some bcaas. take hgh and do either treadmill at lower intensity or HIIT at higher intensity

When Sammy555 does cardio it's eating 2 bowls of rice fast and he builds up a sweat and drops 2 lbs of fat from the rice. Fuck I want your be genetics. Lol

You remind me of an old friend. We used to work at a personal training studio in the late 90s. In between clients he'd go into the office and eat rice or any carbs he could get his hands on. All day long. If he ate anything less than 500gms of carbs a day he'd probably go hypo. Had granite abs and never did cardio.

Back on topic. Fasted cardio for me is 30-40min on treadmill at 6am. 3.5mph and vary between 5-7.5 incline.
Fasted cardio is magical.

3.5mph, and a pretty steep incline....ill have to try this, ive been doing the stairmaster or elliptical, the stairmaster sucks when your legs are thrashed from leg day.

Haha, ill respond since my name was mentioned. I just use a cross trainer as I have one at home. I don't look at bpm or use any of the fancy programs it has built in. I just put it on level 4 and build up a sweat. 20 or 30 minutes depending on goals. I tend not to do fasted cardio any more though tbh, exept on night shifts because it's convenient and helps wake me up while I'm waiting for my rice and shit to cool down . Fasted cardio to me means 0 calories, not even aminos that could spike insulin,but too be honest these days I mainly do it later in the day full of rice and chicken and it works Just as well if not better. If I was pushing for extreme leaness I would probably do some fasted with gh peps or frag. But im talking last bit of lower back fat and shredded glutes. Basically the bits I don't care about enough to suffer for if not competing

damn, I knew you would be a bad choice. anyone who eats 400g carbs on a cut prolly doesn't do fasted cardio, except when they wake up in the moring and walk to the toilet to pee

3.5mph, and a pretty steep incline....ill have to try this, ive been doing the stairmaster or elliptical, the stairmaster sucks when your legs are thrashed from leg day.

I find the incline is the key to the calorie burning. You can lower the speed and up the incline and you are good to go. I vary speed and incline. My dad on the other hand does 15 incline. He's nuts. Lol

WTF guys...

You sleep normal hours, wake up, eat nothing and do something that raises your BPM and makes you sweat for a little while. Is that hard to grasp?

Some of you should grow a sack and do HIIT cardio ;)

**broken link removed**

i need BCAA's...water just isn't enough on the stairstepper. i can go twice as long with BCAA's.

I find the incline is the key to the calorie burning. You can lower the speed and up the incline and you are good to go. I vary speed and incline. My dad on the other hand does 15 incline. He's nuts. Lol

the treadmill i use goes up to 30% incline whereas traditional ones seem to stop between 12-15. i started around 12 and I've worked my way up to being able to stay on the treadmill for about 25 minutes on an 18 incline without holding on. nothing like GAINZ on the treadmill. also it's a fantastic calf workout, mine look like they are about to fuckin explode every day when im done.

nothing in system, water only. preps if u have/gh when u wake up, i like to do low intensity, walking uphill or step mill slowly, or a bike on a high level but slow. enough to break sweet but nothing where im dieing

damn, I knew you would be a bad choice. anyone who eats 400g carbs on a cut prolly doesn't do fasted cardio, except when they wake up in the moring and walk to the toilet to pee

400 is my non training days. 600 if training:p

Some of you should grow a sack and do HIIT cardio ;)

**broken link removed**

Bro,I agree that HIIT is 'better' .But the problem is there are SO many people that start getting nagging knee pains from training lower body 2x a week and throwing in another form of demanding lower body dominant exercise.

It certainly digs deeper into recovery too . If recovery is a priority at that particular point in a person's career, it obviously wouldn't be ideal. There aren't too many people I can think of that really need to do HIIT cardio or will reap any extra benefits from it. Also, I remember learning in school that high intensity interval work doesn't even improve your cardiovascular health more than typical cardio would. It's pretty hyped up IMO.

Some people greatly benefit from HIIT but tbh most of us really shouldn't be doing it. I think i have seen more people get joint/tendon/Ct problems from HIIT than heavy squats and I'm being completely serious. :mad:
please don't get the wrong impression here, that are plenty of positives to this form of cardio but in my books the negatives outweigh them (for most).

anyways to answer the threads question...
1- wake up
2- take some of your morning supps such as probiotics
3- grab some water
4- head over to your in home treadmill or elliptical
5- profit
:cool:

Last edited:
2 to 3 cups Black coffee, maybe a sugar free energy drink, then walk for over 30 minutes.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear