Big A

IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
I got my parents in law to begin training.

Anyway, yesterday, my father in law did deadlifts for the first time in his life.
He is 50 years old.
He is 5'3 137lbs
He did 225 for 6, 315 for 1
Perfect form.
Never touched a weight in his life.
Obviously natural.

I think once his neuropathways get accustomed to the weights, he'll be able to move a lot more.

I personally thought that it was amazingly impressive for someone his age and at his weight with his experience.

Is it worth nurturing him towards PL competitions?

A triple BW squat or deadlift is VERY GOOD. He's close w/o having ever trained....How is his health otherwise?

SB

Sandblaster said:
A triple BW squat or deadlift is VERY GOOD. He's close w/o having ever trained....How is his health otherwise?

SB

He's in exellent health. No injuries, etc. He's a builder by trade, so all his life he's done physical work.

Man that is awesome its neat when someone actually gets involved in the gym because they look up to you. That is great you must have a good relationship with your inlaws will only make it even closer. I wish all inlaws were like that but all I ever hear is he is only that big because of drugs.

Yet everyone at the family gatherings is drinking and stuff like that. I just be nice and deny deny creatine protien. Etc. If they would ever go they would see how much work you have to do. So your a luck guy. MM

massmonster32 said:
Man that is awesome its neat when someone actually gets involved in the gym because they look up to you. That is great you must have a good relationship with your inlaws will only make it even closer. I wish all inlaws were like that but all I ever hear is he is only that big because of drugs.

Yet everyone at the family gatherings is drinking and stuff like that. I just be nice and deny deny creatine protien. Etc. If they would ever go they would see how much work you have to do. So your a luck guy. MM

Well, my inlaws know about all my gear usage. Sometimes I even did shots in front of them.
I also give them regular shots of Synthelamin and Synthergine.
When I met them they were very close minded about all these things, as most people are.
When they saw the life I lead and how well their daughter has been treated, now three years later they take injections of whatever I tell them to take, they train, they ask me for financial advice, or even just life advice.
I am the king of the family! ;)

That's damn good for someone that never lifted before. I would look around your area for a competition and encourage him to enter it. He could lift in the 132lb weightclass. Who lnows, he might even break some records.

PB

Paul Bunyan said:
That's damn good for someone that never lifted before. I would look around your area for a competition and encourage him to enter it. He could lift in the 132lb weightclass. Who lnows, he might even break some records.

PB

I was thinking about letting him train for a year and enter him in one of the comps at the end of the year.

I just wanted to make sure that he is good enough. I wouldn't enter him if I didn't know that he would do very well.

Have him train and enter the comp. At the very least he will have a great time and probably meet some other lifters his age.

PB

Paul Bunyan said:
Have him train and enter the comp. At the very least he will have a great time and probably meet some other lifters his age.

PB

Exactly what I was thinking. Get him involved and he will be inspired from there. Cjay

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131