advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you wish would change sbout the fitness industry?

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
If you could change anything/everything about the fitness industry in general, what would it be?
Outside of specifically bodybuilding or specifically in it?
Do you feel everything is overpriced? Lacks quality? The combination of both that creates value is rare? Misinformation out in the general public?
What do you wish existed or existed at a reasonable cost?
Personally, for me, its the price gouging going on with equipment but thats how supply and demand works so that'll self correct at some point. It just sucks for now.

Instagram and Twitter. I don't use either. I know it's very effective for promoting yourself if you know what you are doing.

Lol where to start...

1. Capitalism is king and works so props to anyone can profit selling whatever. But is cringewothy the amount of $$ people spend to be optimize their gainZ and to be healthy when all this can be achieved with the basics and free info.

2. Overcomplicating fitness and health. Forgetting the basics but buying a powder and template but ignoring your bmi, hydration, cardio.

3. Commercial gyms and their culture. God forbid you walk into the gym after work in your work boots and jeans to train delts and arms. How outrageous! Make sure you wipe down that kettle bell handle, but it's fine for 200 people to open the door to the gym and no one thinks of it. The irony.

4. The cult like mentality where people think their fitness defines them, crossfit, etc.

4. Someone said it on another thread, but cooking being referred to as "meal prep" lol

Not much. The information on supplements, training is much better today then 20-30-40 years ago when it was all hearsay. Better choice of machines. People can promote themselves better then being at the whim of a magazine editor. It is easier to find the source and bypass the middle man. There is crap or course but there always has been. A lot of protein powder, machines and opinions on training in the 70's and 80's sucked.

Lol where to start...

1. Capitalism is king and works so props to anyone can profit selling whatever. But is cringewothy the amount of $$ people spend to be optimize their gainZ and to be healthy when all this can be achieved with the basics and free info.

2. Overcomplicating fitness and health. Forgetting the basics but buying a powder and template but ignoring your bmi, hydration, cardio.

3. Commercial gyms and their culture. God forbid you walk into the gym after work in your work boots and jeans to train delts and arms. How outrageous! Make sure you wipe down that kettle bell handle, but it's fine for 200 people to open the door to the gym and no one thinks of it. The irony.

4. The cult like mentality where people think their fitness defines them, crossfit, etc.

4. Someone said it on another thread, but cooking being referred to as "meal prep" lol
Im thinking meal prep came out of the restaurant industry. Theres literally a position called prep cook who does all the chopping, dicing and portioning of protiens.

Where eating healthy is cheaper then 2 big Macs,. Large fries, and a chocolate shake.

The complete hypocrisy placed on AAS. You can completely alter your body,. Change your sex with hormones, etc but if you want to use testosterone or hgh you are a cheater and a felon.

Where eating healthy is cheaper then 2 big Macs,. Large fries, and a chocolate shake.

The complete hypocrisy placed on AAS. You can completely alter your body,. Change your sex with hormones, etc but if you want to use testosterone or hgh you are a cheater and a felon.
In terms of healthy heating and cost, what would an ideal weekly spend be for you on food? And exactly how much food is that?

I would love to see the pure bullshit regarding PEDs dropped by all the big names, but as already been mentioned, money.

We see far too much bullshitting from people cashing in and various podcasts of guys lying for long periods of time to an audience that has a bit of an idea their being lied to but just carry on. It's just an evolution of what's been going on since the 90's but something that would only benefit everyone if it changed.

The hypocrisy of it all. Let's get something right out in the open: bodybuilding is the only sport where if you don't weigh 280 and incline 405, you get shit on. It is always the trump card of anyone who doesn't like what they hear. They're in an argument and they always resort to childishly calling out someone's bodyweight and strength. Yet when people argue about football, baseball, hockey etc it never comes down to that. No one plays basketball like Michael Jordan, so saying to someone "you can't even dunk!" would be ridiculous. Many mainstream sports fans don't even play the game themselves.

Now there is something to be said for walking the walk, but there are circumstances beyond everyone's control. It's entirely individual. Someone could be as meticulous as Roman Fritz and train for 15 years and may never get their arms past 16 inches or bench past 225. Maybe when they started they were at a strength disadvantage genetically and could only bench 95 lb. They still improved substantially, but someone who naturally started with 225 and turned it into 315 will always be praised more. This is a numbers game and the higher ones always prevail.

The point of laying that out is I've seen some big name guys shit on people (not trolls) in the comments section of an Instagram post because they weren't very strong and then turn around and post in their story about how proud they are of their client with the same strength level. So what's going on here? If that person wasn't paying you for your services does that mean you'd be smirking at them with ridicule too? That stuff bothers me a lot. We're all at different levels and some have advantages and/or are willing to do things others are not. So I have tremendous respect for genuine people like Justin Harris. He's as happy and proud of a client who wants to be in better shape for their kids as he is prepping someone for the Nationals.

Im thinking meal prep came out of the restaurant industry. Theres literally a position called prep cook who does all the chopping, dicing and portioning of protiens.

Most likely. Being able to prepare filling and good tasting healthy food is definitely essential, but some people get too caught up in it and stress about it. I've been there myself lol
The hypocrisy of it all. Let's get something right out in the open: bodybuilding is the only sport where if you don't weigh 280 and incline 405, you get shit on. It is always the trump card of anyone who doesn't like what they hear. They're in an argument and they always resort to childishly calling out someone's bodyweight and strength. Yet when people argue about football, baseball, hockey etc it never comes down to that. No one plays basketball like Michael Jordan, so saying to someone "you can't even dunk!" would be ridiculous. Many mainstream sports fans don't even play the game themselves.

Now there is something to be said for walking the walk, but there are circumstances beyond everyone's control. It's entirely individual. Someone could be as meticulous as Roman Fritz and train for 15 years and may never get their arms past 16 inches or bench past 225. Maybe when they started they were at a strength disadvantage genetically and could only bench 95 lb. They still improved substantially, but someone who naturally started with 225 and turned it into 315 will always be praised more. This is a numbers game and the higher ones always prevail.

The point of laying that out is I've seen some big name guys shit on people (not trolls) in the comments section of an Instagram post because they weren't very strong and then turn around and post in their story about how proud they are of their client with the same strength level. So what's going on here? If that person wasn't paying you for your services does that mean you'd be smirking at them with ridicule too? That stuff bothers me a lot. We're all at different levels and some have advantages and/or are willing to do things others are not. So I have tremendous respect for genuine people like Justin Harris. He's as happy and proud of a client who wants to be in better shape for their kids as he is prepping someone for the Nationals.
Agree with this. Now that I'm older and want a more aesthetic ufc fighter physique I find it funny how some people will say "you need to pound more calories your 190lbs wtf???" Assuming everyone wants to look like a professional bodybuilder. I definitely see a trend back towards health and aesthetics which is a good thing if we ever want aas to be not frowned upon.

People complaining about “how things used to be”. Times change, for better or worse. If I have to hear one more person complain about social media or people on their phone. Get over it. How serious can you be if you let that bother you and ruin your workout or you’re mad before you even get in the gym?
Here in Vegas it’s everywhere and you get used to it. If anyone thinks their won’t be cameras rolling non stop at Flex Lewis’s new gym here or Iris and Hidetada new place, you’re crazy. It’s here to stay, we don’t have magazines anymore. How else is a bodybuilder or fitness person supposed to market themselves?

Not much. The information on supplements, training is much better today then 20-30-40 years ago when it was all hearsay. Better choice of machines. People can promote themselves better then being at the whim of a magazine editor. It is easier to find the source and bypass the middle man. There is crap or course but there always has been. A lot of protein powder, machines and opinions on training in the 70's and 80's sucked.
Ill take the 70's and 80's over today, anytime. (I lived it). Basics, hard workouts, etc. They still work today, and everything today is way over-done for no other reason except self-promotion, guru-ism.
Douche-bags jumping around gyms, taking IG pics, playing on phones, hogging equipment. Only serious people trained in those days, today every douche and his uncle is in there bopping around and doing face-pulls. Pretty embarrassing.

calling bodybuilding a "sport"
its not a sport. is physique a sport too?
its a muscle pageant. a hot bod contest. thats all. except its even less than a beauty pageant cuz there's actual categories in beauty pageants. u need personalirt and talent. not just a nice ass and big delts.

I think the moment was ideal between 1995 and 2005, the internet had arrived, you had forums and access to the sport stars and info was still pretty underground (muche better IMO), but there was still respect and pride for bodybuilding and sports pro. I mean, now any piece of garbage can be promoted to be guru and everything else. Also at that time, there were still few divisions, just bodybuilding and fitness, and it was much better than now. And there were very few but great female fitness stars, now there are literally thousands of hot body pros. And at that time you still had bodybuilding magazines.

I have not directly answered the question in the thread, but I think my point is understood. I don't like saturation of people in general, and therefore I don't like having so many people in the sport (although very few are real fans of contests, history of physical culture, etc..) or around it.

calling bodybuilding a "sport"
its not a sport. is physique a sport too?
its a muscle pageant. a hot bod contest. thats all. except its even less than a beauty pageant cuz there's actual categories in beauty pageants. u need personalirt and talent. not just a nice ass and big delts.
Are you saying I have a nice ass and big delts?

If you could change anything/everything about the fitness industry in general, what would it be?
Outside of specifically bodybuilding or specifically in it?
Do you feel everything is overpriced? Lacks quality? The combination of both that creates value is rare? Misinformation out in the general public?
What do you wish existed or existed at a reasonable cost?
Personally, for me, its the price gouging going on with equipment but thats how supply and demand works so that'll self correct at some point. It just sucks for now.
Since fitness is a base for all sports we should be more supported to open a gym , machines should be cheaper mostly now with covid and all gyms closed . All competitions should have price money and athletes should be more supported by own country like people on arab countries

I would regulate and legislate the industry in terms of quality standards of personal trainers/coaches. There is too much negligence and lack of professionalism. Too many losers who get a certification online and call themselves coaches. Other losers just by using steroids and looking "good", promote themselves in social media and then offer coaching without ever even having picked up a book in their lives.

At the same time there is too much arrogance. Too many people that think they know everything and they talk and speak with so much arrogance when in reality they are losers. Same goes in the world of people who workout. And that goes down to our culture. Americans are arrogant by nature. You cant tell anything to anybody. An average dude get his steroids on a locker room, goes to youtube to watch exercise videos, plus he modify some exercises and invent others, and put together a routine that in his mind, plus the steroids, will transform him into Arnold in 6 months. That is called Gym Fuckery. And nobody can question him. In his mind, he did his research and put together the best routine in the world, with trademarks exercises invented by him, while using the best steroids in the world bought at a locker room without even a label in the vial. Down the road he develops heart disease at 40 and lives on drugs for the rest of his life while doctors tell him "you're just a statistic, is normal to be ill"

In countries like Brazil every coach requires a University degree and a license to practice valid for one year. Strictly enforced in every single gym. And as part of the culture Brazilian people value having a coach rather than putting themselves at risk by copying shit from others and injecting oils without even knowing the science behind.

I would regulate and legislate the industry in terms of quality standards of personal trainers/coaches. There is too much negligence and lack of professionalism. Too many losers who get a certification online and call themselves coaches. Other losers just by using steroids and looking "good", promote themselves in social media and then offer coaching without ever even having picked up a book in their lives.

At the same time there is too much arrogance. Too many people that think they know everything and they talk and speak with so much arrogance when in reality they are losers. Same goes in the world of people who workout. And that goes down to our culture. Americans are arrogant by nature. You cant tell anything to anybody. An average dude get his steroids on a locker room, goes to youtube to watch exercise videos, plus he modify some exercises and invent others, and put together a routine that in his mind, plus the steroids, will transform him into Arnold in 6 months. That is called Gym Fuckery. And nobody can question him. In his mind, he did his research and put together the best routine in the world, with trademarks exercises invented by him, while using the best steroids in the world bought at a locker room without even a label in the vial. Down the road he develops heart disease at 40 and lives on drugs for the rest of his life while doctors tell him "you're just a statistic, is normal to be ill"

In countries like Brazil every coach requires a University degree and a license to practice valid for one year. Strictly enforced in every single gym. And as part of the culture Brazilian people value having a coach rather than putting themselves at risk by copying shit from others and injecting oils without even knowing the science behind.
I dont know if it should require a degree. I think a lot of useless weight is put on degrees. or change what a degree is. I don't need social dance as a free elective to be a good coach if that makes sense. Teach all education almost like a trade. Engineers need math and science, not the history of basket weaving.
CSCS requires a bachelors degree in any subject... why? Why can't I get that certification without a college degree? How does a degree in hospitality management help me with that cert?

Ill take the 70's and 80's over today, anytime. (I lived it). Basics, hard workouts, etc. They still work today, and everything today is way over-done for no other reason except self-promotion, guru-ism.
Douche-bags jumping around gyms, taking IG pics, playing on phones, hogging equipment. Only serious people trained in those days, today every douche and his uncle is in there bopping around and doing face-pulls. Pretty embarrassing.
I have been lifting since '73 as there were far fewer gyms then. The closest to me was 60 miles away so I made due. Now I go to at least 3 different ones each week. I have no problem with people trying to improve their health and fitness, without wanting to see how big they can get while damaging their health and wondering what chemical will miraculously fix their joint pains. I just laugh at the young crowd and what they do to try to get big, or lean or pumped as well as those that slam a bunch of AS to look good for summer. Older people can't get those big gains usually as they are not seeing how many cc's they can take before they complain about PIP. The proteins powders tasted like the bottom of an old ash tray( we had them back then) but I still drank them and still could care less about flavor and leave that to the more sensitive types. But I still find it easy to train serious and if one piece of equipment is taken I know how to use other ones. But the basics still hold true to lifting that is true. As they do about every other area of life. But most everyone wants the easier way. I probably would to but I like to train.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131