over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What does "good genetics" really mean?

BULK_CITY

Registered
Just curious - whenever someone says "that guy is huge b/c he has great genetics!"

what exactly does that mean?

like is it just high natural test levels? something to do with myostatin?

i'm talking teenagers that are huge/fast without really working out and guys like jay cutler/ronnie coleman

This is a good question and it should be interesting to see some of the answers you get.

To me...genetics has always meant gifted. I truly am a "genetic freak". It seems like I can gain lean mass just driving by my gym. I took a year off from training and my appearance and size didn’t change. I am 6'4/280 and can carry it like I have not missed a day of training even though I haven’t lifted anything larger than a fork for months.

I had never taken a supplement more hard core than Cell Tech and couldn’t convince anyone I was natural. When I was ready to add AAS the results went way above and beyond anything my research had led me to expect. I don't need more than a gram a week regardless of the combination and can go off cycle for loooooong periods of time without any difference in appearance. 90% of my so called "cycles" consist of nothing more than test. I am able to limit my risk factors and drug cost's. I can limit injury because I go light and still grow like weed in Amsterdam. Of all my genetic traits that one is my favorite. Not because I can be lazy but because I can emphasize my form. Beyond this post I dont brag or even talk about genetics because it can be a sensitive subject for people.

Last edited:
In general terms it means that your body has the unique ability to build a lot of quality muscle fairly easily without drugs. When I say fairly easy I mean with proper nutrition and hard work in the gym. Also work ethic, you can have all the genetics you want, without hard work, the right nutrition and consistancy, you will not reach your potential. It also means the size and shape of the muscle bellies you have. The size of your frame and how the muscle is distributed on it and how asthetic you look.

Everyone has a diff opinon of what a "good" look is. Some like astetics, some like mass,etc... but imo someone with good genetics has the ability to build a good amount of muscle without drugs(like oldfella said) and can stay relatively lean without trying. Someone with freaky gentics imo is someone who does use drugs but regaurdless they are seperated from the rest of the aas users due to extreme symetry, the ability to pack on a tremoundous amout of muscle, tight thin skin, the ability to keep a small waiste while still building huge legs,etc..........

In general terms it means that your body has the unique ability to build a lot of quality muscle fairly easily without drugs. When I say fairly easy I mean with proper nutrition and hard work in the gym. Also work ethic, you can have all the genetics you want, without hard work, the right nutrition and consistancy, you will not reach your potential. It also means the size and shape of the muscle bellies you have. The size of your frame and how the muscle is distributed on it and how asthetic you look.

BUMP!

When i think of the term "good genetics" I generally mean small waist, large breast, long legs relative to trunk length, high, tight rear end, nice bone structure to face, full lips and loose morals.

For guys I generally mean anyone who looks better than me regardless of whether it is from hard work, diet, or sacrifice. "They don't work harder than me, Its just genetics!"

Truthfully: I believe that it is very good frame, wide shoulders, narrow waist, and a propensity for full muscle bellies wioth peaks that are seemingly acquired with little effort

. Also the ability like my two time heavyweight state winning, freak of a workout partner who eats fried friggin chickin and mashed potatoes every other day for lunch, drinks beer every friggin day and keeps under 10% year round. No lie, it happens. My only happy thought is he wants my calves to implant in his.

\

Pekkerwood

i dont know how to explain the phenomenon but to me the guys with good genetics are the ones who barely eat or work out but still have a decent amount of mass. usually they're weak cause they dont have any serious training behind them. some of these guys have arms bigger than mine when they're literally half as strong and eat half as much (yes frustrated).

i think it depends on what application your talking about. when i was 160lbs at 5'8" i still had a 350 bench for 3 reps. some might say thats great for powerlifting. but im a hard gainer. even now im 195 lbs but thanks to my girlishly small waist i look alot bigger but it took me 3 yrs to pout on about 30 lbs and yes that included cycles. i watch my diet and havent ever seen anyone out work me in the gym, at least not when i was there, but goddamn it takes me forever to gain even a couple of pounds. i think my genetics suck but ive heard people say, because of some of my lifts, that im all genetics and chemicals.

Some of us are lucky. I've been "built" since I was a little boy. I look at weights and get bigger. My BMI runs to 30 to 34, and I never get fat, not even when I stuff myself. Always want to be bigger, you know? FREAKY, FREAKY, FREAKY...size matter :)

I used to think good genetics was about bone structure,balance , and muscle bellies .But as I have gotten older and known the facts . Yes , those factores all matter a great deal . But if we are talking for bodybuilding .Then I would have to say hormonal response is number one plain and simple .

I am can name dozens of former pros that look quite average when the have been off for long periods without drugs. I have also known many guys that have very good natural physiques [good structure ,size ,look ] with out drugs , only to go on to be competive and look worse . I was some what like this . I never enjoyed being on or how I really felt . [ sex never felt as good ,despite being horney all the time ] Top level bodybuilding is more about your response to hormones than it is to your actual genetics. GH15 from getbig fame states the same thing ..........sadly I have to agree .....I saw a guy like Wheeler win the contra costa npc as a 176 lb middle weight.....he had high calfs , decent shape , and was ripped . The next year i saw him win the cal at 190 still looking nothing like he did 2 yrs later . The night he turned pro he was about pefect.........[only 93 arnold did he look better] but his delts ,back , and calfs were full of oil .......the rumors was he had a dr putting in over 130 shots throughout his whole body the week before those shows.......by late 90s he looks awful ....delts ,arms ,hams, calfs just brusting with oil ......this is a guy they call the most genetically gifted guy in the sport .......? I bet I could take just about anyone here if hormones were legal and they were between 5'8 and 5'11 and turn them into a top level monster ......but only if they were the kind that could get huge one less than a gram a week of total gear......[ the guy that won the iron man turned pro on 900mgs a week total and no gh .......how do I know ? Because I was going to sponser him for the usa 's that year .....he had no reason to lie]......Genetics in bbing are more about hormone response ......I 'll bet a guy like sHawn ray didn't need a whole lot to be one of the best ever .....drugs in bbing are like athletism in sports ......either you have them or you don't ......yes , you can push some things to the extreme s in both cases , but either way you wont be one of the elitel ......genetics in bbing equal homormone response combine with hard control effort in dirt and training

Just curious - whenever someone says "that guy is huge b/c he has great genetics!"

what exactly does that mean?

like is it just high natural test levels? something to do with myostatin?

i'm talking teenagers that are huge/fast without really working out and guys like jay cutler/ronnie coleman

many things,,metabolism,,structure,,natural hormone levels,,etc...

I used to think good genetics was about bone structure,balance , and muscle bellies .But as I have gotten older and known the facts . Yes , those factores all matter a great deal . But if we are talking for bodybuilding .Then I would have to say hormonal response is number one plain and simple .

I am can name dozens of former pros that look quite average when the have been off for long periods without drugs. I have also known many guys that have very good natural physiques [good structure ,size ,look ] with out drugs , only to go on to be competive and look worse . I was some what like this . I never enjoyed being on or how I really felt . [ sex never felt as good ,despite being horney all the time ] Top level bodybuilding is more about your response to hormones than it is to your actual genetics. GH15 from getbig fame states the same thing ..........sadly I have to agree .....I saw a guy like Wheeler win the contra costa npc as a 176 lb middle weight.....he had high calfs , decent shape , and was ripped . The next year i saw him win the cal at 190 still looking nothing like he did 2 yrs later . The night he turned pro he was about pefect.........[only 93 arnold did he look better] but his delts ,back , and calfs were full of oil .......the rumors was he had a dr putting in over 130 shots throughout his whole body the week before those shows.......by late 90s he looks awful ....delts ,arms ,hams, calfs just brusting with oil ......this is a guy they call the most genetically gifted guy in the sport .......? I bet I could take just about anyone here if hormones were legal and they were between 5'8 and 5'11 and turn them into a top level monster ......but only if they were the kind that could get huge one less than a gram a week of total gear......[ the guy that won the iron man turned pro on 900mgs a week total and no gh .......how do I know ? Because I was going to sponser him for the usa 's that year .....he had no reason to lie]......Genetics in bbing are more about hormone response ......I 'll bet a guy like sHawn ray didn't need a whole lot to be one of the best ever .....drugs in bbing are like athletism in sports ......either you have them or you don't ......yes , you can push some things to the extreme s in both cases , but either way you wont be one of the elitel ......genetics in bbing equal homormone response combine with hard control effort in dirt and training

i totally hear what you are saying iabadman, and i agree response to the drugs is key. however, no matter how well you respond to anabolics/gh/peptides/whatever, if the structure isn't there you can be huge, but you will look like crap. i think structure (small joints/hips, proportioned limbs and trunk, insertion points, and muscle bellies) are more important. that is how guys who carry less mass can look so much better and yes, bigger, than the freaks. it's all about the illusion IMO...

if you look at alot of the lower tiers of the pro ranks, yeah alot of them are massive and lots of them probably do respond better to the drugs than most, but their wide waists, big knees etc. pretty much guarantee that they will never get a callout against guys like heath, jackson, etc.

even if their diets and training are meticulously thought out, tried and true methods that have been shown to work for them, it all means nothing if the structure isn't there.

do you really think drugs are the main factor, or have i misread your post?

cheers bro

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members