advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what gave better results? slin pre or post werkout?

What gave better results? Slin pre or post workout?

• Total voters
How many plans are you up on your new nutrition plan, drinking a shake when you read a stupid post, disco?

I have been trying something a bit new also. On days when i am taking humalog multiple times per day, i am adding in a small amount of gh with it(1-2iu). The results are pretty impressive. I am still at 237 BUT i am getting leaner, bigger, and harder. I tell you, the synergy of these two peptides is amazing!

i've put on a pound or two since following that new rule. But I wonder - if I drink 28 grams rather than 25 grams of protein in that shake, how much more weight do you think I'm going to gain? And don't respond unless you've done it, I only want experts on this very serious question.

All kidding aside, glad to see you have found a cool combination that's working for you.

i've put on a pound or two since following that new rule. But I wonder - if I drink 28 grams rather than 25 grams of protein in that shake, how much more weight do you think I'm going to gain? And don't respond unless you've done it, I only want experts on this very serious question.

All kidding aside, glad to see you have found a cool combination that's working for you.

I think the answer to your question and i read this on someone else's board, i cant copy and past so i will paraphrase and fuck it all up, is the timing is going to be key. We need to look at if you are naked while drinking those 28 grams during a full moon? Also a big factor is when did you have your last bowel movement? What i have found aids my protein absorbtion and there are studies behind this is, i place the shaker on the floor and slowly circle it counter-clockwise three times, each revolution taking exactly 9.4 seconds. If you fuck the timing up you will get 0 effect.

Glad you get my sense of humor=-)

I take mine pre also at 10 iu.It doesnt matter if you take it post since taking it pre would be the best time since hum-r is active for 5 hours then you can get both the pumps from pre and get the post stuff also.

I disagree, i take mine post and so does every other truly massive guy i know. We take it post workout with gh, our shake and the slin. The gh and the slin work together really synergisitcally. Rather amazing i might say.

I am not saying that pre doesnt work but thats the slot for my DES which also causes a bit of hypo and nutrient shuttling, so it all depends on the total protocol. Blanket statements like one is better etc, rarely pan out. The world is never black and white, normally shades of grey.

Try both and decide which works better for you, given all the other pieces of the puzzle in your supplement regimen.

Taking Humulin R pre-workout results in the slin being active during both the pre, intra, and post workout phases, compared to just post-workout when taken after training.

Not only do studies confirm that aminos acid transport pre-workout results in a higher degree of protein synthesis in comparison to post workout, but there are additional factors, which influence anabolism, aside from the nutrient shuttling effect initiated by inuslin adminstration, which will only take place when insulin is active during the workout itself. These benefits cannot be obtained during post-workout adminstration alone.

Being that pre-workout Humulin R administration results in slin being active and available during both the pre, intra, and post workout phases of training, why should somone limit themselvs to experiencing only the benefits derived from post-workout administration, when someone can recieve the benefits from both pre, intra, and post workout slin by a simple pre-workout protocol?

Bottom line: Why take advantage of only one aspect of anabolism, when the user can have them all?

Additionally, if one finds that the concomitant use of DES along with insulin causes an unwanted drop in blood sugar, then this problem should be corrected...not ignored by switching to a less opportune protocol.

As for your statement that most big guys take slin post-workout, again, I would disagree, but does that matter? I could say that the world's strongest bench presser in pro BB'ing (who just benched 405 f0r 25 reps) always uses pre-workout slin, but what does this pove? Nothing, except that I know someone who just benched 405 25 times and uses pre-workout slin.

Lastly, if one desires to widen the post-workout window of insulin activity (which should already be ample, given that pre-workout humilin R would still be active a few hours after the workout), the this is easily accomplished by administering a subsequent injection of insulin, once the slin from the 1st inject is no longer active.

Last edited:
How many plans are you up on your new nutrition plan, drinking a shake when you read a stupid post, disco?

I have been trying something a bit new also. On days when i am taking humalog multiple times per day, i am adding in a small amount of gh with it(1-2iu). The results are pretty impressive. I am still at 237 BUT i am getting leaner, bigger, and harder. I tell you, the synergy of these two peptides is amazing!

Yes...they are.

I take mine pre also at 10 iu.It doesnt matter if you take it post since taking it pre would be the best time since hum-r is active for 5 hours then you can get both the pumps from pre and get the post stuff also.

Exactly. It makes zero sense to completely neglect the benefits obtained with pre-workout slin, when one can experience all benefuts of both pre and post workout slin administration with a single pre-workout inject of Humilin R.

It is clear that there are unique benefits derived by pre-workout slin, which cannot be obained by post-workout adminitsration, but taking it pre-workout allows the user to take advantage of ALL benefits....both pre & post.

Taking Humulin R pre-workout results in the slin being active during both the pre, intra, and post workout phases, compared to just post-workout when taken after training.

Not only do studies confirm that aminos acid transport pre-workout results in a higher degree of protein synthesis in comparison to post workout, but there are additional factors, which influence anabolism, aside from the nutrient shuttling effect initiated by inuslin adminstration, which will only take place when insulin is active during the workout itself. These benefits cannot be obtained during post-workout adminstration alone.

Being that pre-workouy Humulin R administration results in slin being active and available during both the pre, intra, and post orkout phases of training, why should somone limit themselvs to experiencing only the benefits derived from post-workout administration, when smone can recieve the benefits from both pre, intra, and post workout slin by a simple pre-workout protocol?

Nottom line: It just doesn't make senseto recieve a lesser degree fo benefits, when the user can have them all.

Bottom line: Why take advantage of only one aspect of anabolism, when the user can have them all?

Additionally, if one finds that the concurrent ise of DES along with insulin causes an unwanted drop in blood sugar, then this problem should be corrected...not ignored by switching to a less opportune time to use Slin.

As for your statement that most big guys take slin post-workout, again, I would disagree, but does that matter? I could say that the world's strongest bench presser in pro BB'ing (who just benched 405 f0r 25 reps) always uses pre-workout slin, but what does this pove? Nothing, except that I know someone who just benched 405 25 times and uses pre-workout slin.

Lastly, if one desires to widen the post-workout window of inuslin activity (which should already be ample, given that pre-workout humilin R would still be active a few hours after the workout), the this is easily accomplished by administering a subsequent injection of insulin, once the slin from the 1st inject is no longer active. This would allow the usee to take full advantage of both the pre, intra, and post workout windows of muscle growth, without nelgecting any of them.

Good science here, you didnt mention that humalog actually decreases insulin resistance though. Let me find you that study. In my opinion that alone makes it the smart choice for insulin use.

I disagree with you and thats ok. I see no need to take it pre-workout as the des does a great job of shuttling the nutrients with little risk of going hypo during an intense training session. I also do not care for humulin because the second peak always seems to get me, try as i might, its virtually impossible for me to control it for some reason.

And i only say all the big guys i know because these are guys who all sit close to 300lbs in the offseason, so something is working for them. Science always looks great on paper but i also like to balance it with real world results. I have tried it both ways and i have gotten better results post workout. This is a true statement. If you would ever post up your pics mike, we could see what results you have achieved with your protocols buddy.

And yeah, the gh and slin synergy is absolutely ridiculous. Although, i was a bit agressive on my gh dosing and got home from work last night and it looked like there was a donut around my ankle=-) So i cut the dose back in half for a few days and will slowly work bacl to the sweet spot.

Good science here, you didnt mention that humalog actually decreases insulin resistance though. Let me find you that study. In my opinion that alone makes it the smart choice for insulin use.
Insulin resistance is one aspect of Insulin use which should never be ignored and it is alway taken into consideration in my clients. However, when an insulin user limits himself to using insulin at workout times only (sat 4-5X weekly), Insulin sensitivity is not greatly affected by humulin R use, making this a relatively mute issue. Even then, almost all of my insulin protocols call for the concurrent utilization of at least one insulin sensitizing compound.

Additionally, the topic of insulin sensitivity as it pertains to insulin adminstration is one which needs to be looked at through the perspective of risk vs reward. In this sense, although Insulin sensitivity is a health factor which must be taken into consideration, to what degree an decline is acceptable will be dependent on many factors. This makes any declaration of superiority an impossibility, when it comes to selecting which form of insulin ought to be used.

Whether the insulin is in the form of Humalog, Humulin, or Lantus...each form has it's postives and negatives and when these attributes and defects are looked at through the lense of what is ideal for the user, recommendations are easily changed. For exmaple, I usually start beginners on humulin and NOT humalog, as safety is always my #1 consideration and Humalog's fast onset of action may be problematic for a beginner. However, this advice might change once the user has more experience and safety is no longer the pressing issue it once was. At that point, depending on a variety of factors (I won't get into all of them now), either Humalog or Humulin may be selected for further use. Still, in a more advanced user, a combination of Lantus and humalog may be chosen. At every step of the way, a complete re-evaluation of the protocol's effects on both growth and health should take place.

Specifically, in regards to Insulin resistance, once a user ventures beyond workout dosing, I almost always recommend that Metformin is employed....and frequently in combination with other comppounds designed to increase insulin sensitivity. In the end, insulin resistance is just one of several factors which needs ro be taken into consideraion when determing which insulin program is ideal. Selecting a form of insulin based on it's propsensity to increase insulin reisstance alone, is not wise.

I disagree with you and thats ok. I see no need to take it pre-workout as the des does a great job of shuttling the nutrients with little risk of going hypo during an intense training session.
DES is not insulin and cannot take it's place, although it will give similar, yet dimished effects in regards to nutrient shuttling.

I also do not care for humulin because the second peak always seems to get me, try as i might, its virtually impossible for me to control it for some reason.
This can be a pain in the ass for some people, but it does show once again that proclaiming one form of insulin superior in all cases is not a good idea. Of course, this 2nd peak can be controlled, as it is only a matter of making sure the correct amount of nutrients are present in the blood during this 2nd peak, but not all users will want to deal wth it. To them, it's just not worth it, which may make using another form of slin more advantageous in their case.

And i only say all the big guys i know because these are guys who all sit close to 300lbs in the offseason, so something is working for them.
Of course something is working for them! But to infer that post-workout insulin is superior simply because they are 300 lbs is ludicrous! It is exceedingly likely we have numerous varaiables at play here, including a butt-load of AAS, GH, and Insulinl...so making any proclamation of post-workout supriorty based on their size alone is vurtually impossible. To make this inference is like saying that Deca works better than NPP because they are 300 lbs and use Deca!

Science always looks great on paper but i also like to balance it with real world results.
Correct, which is another reason why I say pre-workout administration alone is superior post-workout adminstration alone. In this case we have both anecdotal and reserach based evidence confirming each other.

I have tried it both ways and i have gotten better results post workout. This is a true statement. If you would ever post up your pics mike, we could see what results you have achieved with your protocols buddy.
I do not use them myself. I am coach; my focus goes into my clients, including pros. This type of nonsense is typical when one is challenged and can't come up with a self-percieved equally valid rebuttal. I expect more from you and won't let you get away with that shit. :)

And yeah, the gh and slin synergy is absolutely ridiculous. Although, i was a bit agressive on my gh dosing and got home from work last night and it looked like there was a donut around my ankle=-)
LOL.

So i cut the dose back in half for a few days and will slowly work bacl to the sweet spot.
Sounds good.

Have any of you Pre Wo types tried different combos of carbs, complex vs simple? I seem to get the best effect when I used a Complex carb powder.

Have any of you Pre Wo types tried different combos of carbs, complex vs simple? I seem to get the best effect when I used a Complex carb powder.

A high mollecular weight complex carb is FAR superior to a simple carb like dextrose.

pre wo slin

A high mollecular weight complex carb is FAR superior to a simple carb like dextrose.

i also use slin pre wo and have good result,how about gh?how do you include gh when doing pre wo slin protocol?before wo?after?or split

I use CytoSports Cytocarb 2...works well
2 scoops is 100 cals & 26 carbs

CytoCarb II™ is a 100% natural complex carbohydrate complex featuring a combination of short, medium, and long linear chain maltodextrins with a very low "DE" (Dextrose Equivalence). CytoCarb II helps improve performance and endurance by maintaining muscle glycogen at peak levels. With zero fat, very low sodium, no flavoring, colorings or additives, CytoCarb II enables you to customize shakes and juices to double, even triple, their carbohydrate content. CytoCarb II dissolves instantly in water and is the perfect tool to increase carbohydrate intake for harder workouts and faster recovery.

When I've gone hypo.....no carb is safe

I just wanted to update that I switched to a protocol that takes humilin R in the am then again around lunch and then I was doing 10iu humalog post workout and I have to say this method for me gave great results with no apparent fat gain if anything my girl kept saying I was getting leaner.... and but the. way O Karbolyn is the fucking shit bro!!!

I just wanted to update that I switched to a protocol that takes humilin R in the am then again around lunch and then I was doing 10iu humalog post workout and I have to say this method for me gave great results with no apparent fat gain if anything my girl kept saying I was getting leaner.... and but the. way O Karbolyn is the fucking shit bro!!!

It is honestly the best carb source i have ever taken. Covers me for slin AND doesnt leave me feeling bloated. Tastes damn good too. It beats two cans of mt dew any day of the week=-)

I like karbolyn. Works wonders in my opinion, i swear it was almost created with insulin in mind!

Agree totally - I mix the unflavored Karbolyn with gatoraid powder
I wont take slin without my carb powder lol

Agree totally - I mix the unflavored Karbolyn with gatoraid powder
I wont take slin without my carb powder lol

oh yea sometimes I use Vitargo it's awsome just doesnt mix well (big clumps)
i eat it like a pudding mixed with very little water. Orange being my fav
I miss the old Vitargo CGL btw

I'd say Karbolyn is equally as good and mixes better.

I always just drink apple juice with my Slin shots.

Never have any problems.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner