YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What got you started in bodybuilding/ weightlifting ?

beast405

Registered
What made you get started in bodybuilding\ lifting weights. Seeing my pops lift weights hard and watching the hulk / Superman movies. Then I got into looking at muscle magazines and I was obsessed and always wanted to look like them. I believe I started lifting around 12 years old because I got bullied a little bit here and there in school and I thought well if I get big they won’t mess with me anymore ! And that was all she wrote. I got bit by the bug and haven’t been able to let go of the iron since then. That iron has always been there for me through everything and has never let me down. I’ve gone through several periods where I quit lifting here and there but I was never able to truly let go. I always came back to it. So let’s here it from you brothers what made you start ?

What made you get started in bodybuilding\ lifting weights. Seeing my pops lift weights hard and watching the hulk / Superman movies. Then I got into looking at muscle magazines and I was obsessed and always wanted to look like them. I believe I started lifting around 12 years old because I got bullied a little bit here and there in school and I thought well if I get big they won’t mess with me anymore ! And that was all she wrote. I got bit by the bug and haven’t been able to let go of the iron since then. That iron has always been there for me through everything and has never let me down. I’ve gone through several periods where I quit lifting here and there but I was never able to truly let go. I always came back to it. So let’s here it from you brothers what made you start ?
I wanted to lift for girls but always liked solo activities.

So in 8th grade a kid and myself had a bet who would come back bigger over the summer.

And it began - more of hobby because it was so much fun.

Was on a family vacation and picked this magazine for reading material. Thought the dudes looked awesome. Began training for the first time that evening when we stopped.

md4109.jpg

I was about 9 years old and saw a muscle mag at the supermarket. I was mesmerized. The pics were like a magnet. I was a bit too young to think about training for girls, at least I didn't think that way at the time. The fascination with the bodies was also nothing sexual - some have suggested that sexuality can be a "hook." I don't think I thought about bullies either though I was a timid kid. So I started lifting a bit at home - pushups, handstand pushups, chins, bending that spring thingy Arnold advertized lol and so on. And I really enjoyed straining hard and I believe that I got a little pump even then, at least some vein bulging lol. My body changed a little. It was slight but it was there. Then there was a period of skateboarding and whatever else and then I returned at 14/15.

As a kid I loved watching strongmen and wrestlers on telle but wasn't particularly sporty except for riding bikes - by my mid-20s I'd gotten in a pretty bad way in terms of body comp (morbidly obsese) so decided to join a gym and exercise. From there I developed a love of moving fast and lifting heavy weights 😁

I wanted to join Special Forces but was tall, scrawny and weak so joined the gym at 16. Passed selection and everything so always stayed active and when I got out I decided I wanted to get big so currently trying to do that.

I was one of those kids that was born w/ a six-pack so just always liked how I looked. It came easy and I wanted to maximize it.

Watching Arnold in the 80’s as a lil kid… Been hooked ever since! Also just have my own insecurities with my physique… So it’s a never ending endeavor!

Cage

Did it for the girls
My reason as well. Funny thing is most the women I've dated or been with including my current wife haven't been into the bodybuilding look. I love the sport so I do it solely for myself these days.

I wanted to look like The Incredible Hulk so I started bench pressing at age 12 but not long after I got gyno from the bar hitting my nipples. I thought it was breast cancer. The doctor told me stop bench pressing and it’ll go away. Stupid advice! I quit and the gyno didn’t go away until age 18 when I started bench pressing again. At age 18 the perfect storm occurred which got me to join a gym; a girl I was seeing dumped me and said I was so skinny it made her want to puke, and the new Arnold movie, Predator, came out. I went opening night Friday and joined the gym Monday. I hated the pain when lifting weights. It was brutal for my skinny little bitch-ass. But I joined with my friend and no way was I going to quit like a wimp. A month later he quit but I was hooked for life. My dad said I didn’t the genetics to look like Arnold so that drove me to do whatever it takes to prove him wrong.

My reason as well. Funny thing is most the women I've dated or been with including my current wife haven't been into the bodybuilding look. I love the sport so I do it solely for myself these days.
And you believed that muscular arms and six pack is not what woman want……? 😁😁😁😁

And you believed that muscular arms and six pack is not what woman want……? 😁😁😁😁
I actually thought thats what most women want and come to find out they don't.

I actually thought thats what most women want and come to find out they don't.

It's abs more than anything actually. Think advertising.

It's abs more than anything actually. Think advertising.
My wife likes a dad bod more than a fit bod. Some people say it makes some women insecure having a fit man but I know on my end I would rather have a wife with a hot body then vice versa.

I was a fat kid and wanted a change. I started with the Charles Atlas course, yea i am that old, before getting my weights at around 13.

Many women are insecure, and they feel self conscious and afraid of being judged if their man is ripped and in shape. They're more comfortable with someone more like them, and is unfortunately why so many like the Dad Bod. Ugh

My wife likes a dad bod more than a fit bod. Some people say it makes some women insecure having a fit man but I know on my end I would rather have a wife with a hot body then vice versa.
Yes, there is room for all. That is what makes horse racing,
everybody likes something different.

I think generally speaking, 'younger' women (you pick the age)
tend to like more of a fit body. And as women (and men) age,
they tend to be more focused on what is inside, not that they
would not find a fit bod attractive, they do, it just does not carry
as much weight as when they were younger. Again generally
speaking, and this is just my opinion.

And then there are some people, men and women that just have
an 'ingrained' preference or bias towards a certain body type. That
is great too.

I was fat and miserable at one point, and had a moment where everything changed. Was hooked, empowered, and made myself my own superhero. I realize it's less socially acceptable to be a developed woman, than it is for a man, but oh well... it wasn't until I started working on my physique, and being a competitor, that I felt authentic. It was like finding my people. Lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131