YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What got you started in bodybuilding/ weightlifting ?

Many women are insecure, and they feel self conscious and afraid of being judged if their man is ripped and in shape. They're more comfortable with someone more like them, and is unfortunately why so many like the Dad Bod. Ugh

That is a bold move psychologically speaking but I think you may be
on to something.

Then again, look at the physiques of many, most successful actors. In so
many cases, not much of a physique. Which has always surprised me
given the biz is so visual but I think the studios place more weight on 'talent.'
And I also think that actors get by, have gotten by for so long on their
celebrity / fame they are less inclined to focus on the body. It's the old
adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it mentality.

But I am stepping into challenging, speculative water here.

If anybody ever doubt what woman wants no matter what age ( in fact older woman more then younger) then type in google and type harlequin book cover and choose option - picture. I always say that one picture is worth more then thousand words. Trust me guys 18 years old girls dont read those books. What woman say is one thing , what woman want is entirely different. There are a lot of reasons why they dont admit what they really feel.

Kicking drug addiction. And weighing 150 lbs at 6’3 I was tired of being made fun of for being skinny. I remember people (including my wife) laughing at me when I told them one day I would weigh 200lbs.

My wife likes a dad bod more than a fit bod. Some people say it makes some women insecure having a fit man but I know on my end I would rather have a wife with a hot body then vice versa.
I think it does make a female feel insecure having a man that is in good shape and gets a lot of attention because of their body.

Many women are insecure, and they feel self conscious and afraid of being judged if their man is ripped and in shape. They're more comfortable with someone more like them, and is unfortunately why so many like the Dad Bod. Ugh
I agree.

If anybody ever doubt what woman wants no matter what age ( in fact older woman more then younger) then type in google and type harlequin book cover and choose option - picture. I always say that one picture is worth more then thousand words. Trust me guys 18 years old girls dont read those books. What woman say is one thing , what woman want is entirely different. There are a lot of reasons why they dont admit what they really feel.
Crotch novels?

I think this is something most bodybuilders/gymrats or whatever we wanna call it like to think indeed. "the dadbod dude is dating the hot chick because she is insecure". I think there's a point to be made that many women simply don't want an egotistical, self centered dude whos training comes first and who takes his Tupperware to birthday parties and during cutting season when on tren becomes a complete dick.

At least that's what I hear a lot. Sure they like seeing the abs but it's more for fun than anything else. Of course there will be exceptions and there will be women who love the lifestyle as well.

I was a fat kid and I was bullied. I found this magazine (April 1989 FLEX Magazine) on my dad's nightstand on day between my 8th and 9th grade year.

I read it cover to cover and started begging my parents for a weight set that night. Christmas Eve, 1990 was my first workout. I fell in love and have been all-in ever since.

Because i was an athlete, i always loved training. I was just natrually GOOD at lifting weights.
Always the strongest on every football team i was ever on.

Once FB was done, i just kept lifting. The love of BODYBUIDLDING is probably my love of comics and super heroes as a kid.
I would sit around and draw the Incredible Hulk or Superman...anyone with muscles. It's what i was raised on and thought THAT was the ultimate look for a man.

Saw Scott Steiner, wanted to look like him. Ate the food got big strong and fat permabulking. Cut got skinny, so yo yoed. Got hurt decoded the risk wasn't worth going shit heavy was out of gym a while it sucked. Online trainer told me way too much fat so cut me from 250 to 180, natural at the time took a break from aas. Tried to bulk clean a million different diets I was always one to put on fat much faster than muscle, even with 2 online trainer. Aas and gh I never felt changed that poor responder. Started to notice girls loved lean fit guy's way more than big guys and considering my genetics I was best served being lean fit. Also healthier. Guys in a forum finally convinced me I only need a little AAS for my look so cut my dosage.. walk around 185 lean healthy now. Always trying to find ways to be more aesthetic get more arms and delts while being my weight. Probably not a realistic goal but keeps me busy.

Thinking about trying something I've never done and focus alot on calesthenics and high volume for delts only to bring them up. When all else fails try the one thing you haven't tried.

I think this is something most bodybuilders/gymrats or whatever we wanna call it like to think indeed. "the dadbod dude is dating the hot chick because she is insecure". I think there's a point to be made that many women simply don't want an egotistical, self centered dude whos training comes first and who takes his Tupperware to birthday parties and during cutting season when on tren becomes a complete dick.

At least that's what I hear a lot. Sure they like seeing the abs but it's more for fun than anything else. Of course there will be exceptions and there will be women who love the lifestyle as well.
I think this is more accurate. There have been studies done on what type of body men and women want.

They think we want super thin, we don't. We think they want huge muscles, they don't.

Us saying "oh women don't go for muscular ripped guy's because they feel insecure" is like a 6 foot 1 girl saying " oh guys are scared of me they don't want a tall woman because they are insecure".

In general girls like fit, a little muscle, tall, well endowed, shaved head, beard, masculine, tattoos, confident.

There are exceptions. Some girls have a muscle fetish, some like anorexic machine gun Kelly, some hate facial hair, hell I even saw one synthol kid who can barely move his arms over in Russia have a model gf.

i've always been drawn to it. i think a main reason is you cant buy it.
people can get rich and buy the cars, houses, get the women "gold diggers lol", get the "power", etc. (most look like a bag of jelly donuts)
but you cant buy a big ass lean physique. it has to be earned. sure money can be earned, but you can not inherit what a lot on this board has achieved.
like andy frisella says, you dont just wake up one morning being 265lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.

another reason is i wanted to be bigger/stronger than my father, but that's a story for another time lol

In general girls like fit, a little muscle, tall, well endowed, shaved head, beard, masculine, tattoos, confident.
Hahaha.. this is funny. I find humor in men saying what women want. Probably just as comical as when women think they have men figured out. However, I've been working with patients for 21yrs. Probably 65% women. And what almost all women have in common, low self worth. It has nothing to do so much as the guy they're with. But, they feel likely to be cheated on. Or seen as not attractive, not validated, unseen. That bastard voice in our head that tells us how awful we are. Having the type of guy that other women notice wreaks havoc with that vulnerability. And women can be terrible to one another. As the phrase goes - women see their friend with a hot guy, and think 'I want THAT'. Guys see their friend with a hot woman and think 'I want someone LIKE that'.

Something that really revealed itself on the bodybuilding path was the mental control. Becoming so mentally strong to follow the diet and training, no matter what. Which then becomes a lifestyle. Ive met some the most amazing people in bodybuilding. Many who have a story of overcoming.

And you believed that muscular arms and six pack is not what woman want……? 😁😁😁😁
You attract then with your physique

Then they stay because of your personality and other reasons

Of course but we cant deny the importance of physical attraction and so many woman do that to not be looked up as shallow.

Bad car accident forced me into the gym for the first time in my life, never left again..

My father started taking me to the gym in 1982, age 12, to keep me out of trouble. I had already started messing around with weights at the local YMCA but was also hanging around the wrong crowd. My father was the training partner for a gym owner who was a very successful state competitor. So most evenings my father and I were off to the gym but once to the gym I was on my own because my dad was off training with the gym owner. I soaked up everything I could, M&F mags, Arnold's books, Mentzer's books and I even got my hands on Duchaine's Underground Steroid booklets. My dad was into photography and would take pictures at all the shows that the gym owner was in. So through my teens we were off to all the local BB shows from prejudging to the evening event. I definitely got the best exposure possible to what BB was all about at the time. Growing up around the Pittsburgh area (was only 35min away from where Manion's office was at the time) we were only 3 hours from Columbus, OH so my father and I went to the very first Arnold Classic were I met Arnold. We went to an Olympia show one year where Haney won. Somewhere in my middle teens I got drawn into powerlifting by the powerlifters at the gym and competed in powerlifting through the rest of my teen years, was nationally ranked. Best numbers in competition as a teen were SQ: 485 / BP: 330 / Sumo DL: 500. Favorite BB at the time was Tom Platz because of those legs, always hated to see the chicken legs that were common in those days.

I wanted to look like The Incredible Hulk so I started bench pressing at age 12 but not long after I got gyno from the bar hitting my nipples. I thought it was breast cancer. The doctor told me stop bench pressing and it’ll go away. Stupid advice! I quit and the gyno didn’t go away until age 18 when I started bench pressing again. At age 18 the perfect storm occurred which got me to join a gym; a girl I was seeing dumped me and said I was so skinny it made her want to puke, and the new Arnold movie, Predator, came out. I went opening night Friday and joined the gym Monday. I hated the pain when lifting weights. It was brutal for my skinny little bitch-ass. But I joined with my friend and no way was I going to quit like a wimp. A month later he quit but I was hooked for life. My dad said I didn’t the genetics to look like Arnold so that drove me to do whatever it takes to prove him wrong.
I had gyno as a kid, too. Man, it was embarrassing. Not huge just a puffy nipple that was enough to be conscious about.

Physique yes, but face, smile and eyes cannot be overlooked.

And yes to why they stay.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity