YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What got you started in bodybuilding/ weightlifting ?

Originally coming from a farming town with a very small population (lived in the small suburban area, not on a farm) my dad would lift in the garage. Observing him covered in sweat benching - squatting etc really made in impact upon me. When we moved to a larger populated area, my Father got a gym membership at a gym that had a 'child care' area. I'll always remember the kids lining up at the drinking fountain and other Boys pointing out their Dad's as they stood around talking, Meanwhile my dad's focused and smashing the weights, and I'm just like, 'Yea, there's my Dad.'

In my family 5th grade is believed to be the period in live for a boy to start lifting weights. My dad just came home with one day with a bench and the weights, loaned me his Master of the Inner Universe by Bill Pearl and some of his old magazine. I would stay outside all hours picking up the form and pushing myself to my limit. I truly cherish the memories of barely being able to get out of bed and lose long walks to school with aching legs.

i started originally because I was tired of being made fun of for being "chubby gut". I was friends with a bunch of guys who were, if not fit or in shape, at least not all chubby. And I was. I was super insecure about it. But then I quit and didnt go back to the gym until I walked in on a college girlfriend of mine that I was madly in love with, while she was fucking her ex-boyfriend. And I remember being too intimidated by him to do anything other than just walk away. I started training that week and started taking gear after the first year.
Coincidentally, I ran into that girl 3 years later while bouncing at a club. I was 70lbs bigger and she was all too impressed. I hated her for what she did. But she was the transformational person in my world.

What made you get started in bodybuilding\ lifting weights. Seeing my pops lift weights hard and watching the hulk / Superman movies. Then I got into looking at muscle magazines and I was obsessed and always wanted to look like them. I believe I started lifting around 12 years old because I got bullied a little bit here and there in school and I thought well if I get big they won’t mess with me anymore ! And that was all she wrote. I got bit by the bug and haven’t been able to let go of the iron since then. That iron has always been there for me through everything and has never let me down. I’ve gone through several periods where I quit lifting here and there but I was never able to truly let go. I always came back to it. So let’s here it from you brothers what made you start ?
Saw Janali guest pose on USMC base as a 160lb Marine in a high speed unit and thought I wanna look like that, the rest just sorta happened

Originally coming from a farming town with a very small population (lived in the small suburban area, not on a farm) my dad would lift in the garage. Observing him covered in sweat benching - squatting etc really made in impact upon me. When we moved to a larger populated area, my Father got a gym membership at a gym that had a 'child care' area. I'll always remember the kids lining up at the drinking fountain and other Boys pointing out their Dad's as they stood around talking, Meanwhile my dad's focused and smashing the weights, and I'm just like, 'Yea, there's my Dad.'

In my family 5th grade is believed to be the period in live for a boy to start lifting weights. My dad just came home with one day with a bench and the weights, loaned me his Master of the Inner Universe by Bill Pearl and some of his old magazine. I would stay outside all hours picking up the form and pushing myself to my limit. I truly cherish the memories of barely being able to get out of bed and lose long walks to school with aching legs.
When you get out of Corps?

My dad got me started when I was 8. He started lifting at 17. That was in the 1940s. I still have his "Good Barbell" 50 pound plates. They're 75 years old.
He had me doing the press, snatch, and clean and jerk, along with squats, deadlifts and curls. I got motivation from the comic books with superman, Sgt. Fury, and Hercules movies with Steve Reeves.

My wife likes a dad bod more than a fit bod. Some people say it makes some women insecure having a fit man but I know on my end I would rather have a wife with a hot body then vice versa.
My wife is not into exercise at all but supports me in my bodybuilding. She doesn't really care how I look as look as I'm not morbidly obese(which I have never been and will never be).

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member