over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What happened to our gyms?

Haha of course the Barbarian Brothers

Sure there are fitness gyms opening up everywhere so I get it. It seems the hardcore gyms are lowering in numbers but that's not the case. The number will be higher but the percentage compared to all gyms lower. There are so many great gyms with good atmospheres as well.

It's cool looking at old vids and sure there will never be another Gold's Gym like in the video. But that's mainly because all the top guys trained there as there wasn't anything like it. These days they are all scattered around. It's great seeing the old pro's but watching that video with ordinary people it's just any good gym now. It's not like the human race suddenly dramatically changed in the last few decades.

I have trained in lot's of great gyms. My gym now is full of like minded people, spotting each other, pushing each other and having a laugh. The UK is full of gyms like that. I just trained in the best gym I have ever been to as well. 150 pairs of db's in a massive rack starting at 1kg and going up by 1kg until you get to 150kg db's. Those are 331lb db's :p I wish I had that gym where I live as it would be amazing. They even had 12 stairmasters :D

Last edited:
Sure there are fitness gyms opening up everywhere so I get it. It seems the hardcore gyms are lowering in numbers but that's not the case. The number will be higher but the percentage compared to all gyms lower. There are so many great gyms with good atmospheres as well.

It's cool looking at old vids and sure there will never be another Gold's Gym like in the video. But that's mainly because all the top guys trained there as there wasn't anything like it. These days they are all scattered around. It's great seeing the old pro's but watching that video with ordinary people it's just any good gym now. It's not like the human race suddenly dramatically changed in the last few decades.

I have trained in lot's of great gyms. My gym now is full of like minded people, spotting each other, pushing each other and having a laugh. The UK is full of gyms like that. I just trained in the best gym I have ever been to as well. 150 pairs of db's in a massive rack starting at 1kg and going up by 1kg until you get to 150kg db's. Those are 331lb db's :p I wish I had that gym where I live as it would be amazing. They even had 12 stairmasters :D
Post a pic of that 331lb dumbbell. I want to see it. Is it like a mini-car? :D

Last edited:

i cant even imagine shit like that anymore.. how fun!

you know in pumping iron... the gym lew ferignoe is working out in... THAT is like head and shoulders of any place i have trained in in years! lol

luky if there are 7 pairs of matching dumbells! lol
im really not even exajurating..
dudes doin rocky style workouts n shit...
machines n beches that fall over n move.
machines with plastic weights from the 70s.
cardio equipment... :eek: lol i had a better treadmill in my apartment ( not building, one bedroom apt! ) when i was 22! lol

331lb db!:eek:
:star-:ars

i cant even imagine shit like that anymore.. how fun!

you know in pumping iron... the gym lew ferignoe is working out in... THAT is like head and shoulders of any place i have trained in in years! lol

luky if there are 7 pairs of matching dumbells! lol
im really not even exajurating..
dudes doin rocky style workouts n shit...
machines n beches that fall over n move.
machines with plastic weights from the 70s.
cardio equipment... :eek: lol i had a better treadmill in my apartment ( not building, one bedroom apt! ) when i was 22! lol

331lb db!:eek:
:star-:ars

I have trained in many gyms like that. Weirdly that great gym above had the worst toilet/shower room I have ever seen in a gym. A complete shithole which is surprising looking at the gym. I am not bothered about that but it was really bad. Type of place you feel dirtier after getting a shower :eek::D My gym now is full of old school equipment but also some new stuff and they maintain/care for them. Although I wish I had the gym I posted about above as it was amazing to train there. They had so many squat/row/press machines and well everything you could think of so progression (especially when working around injuries) would be so much easier. I tried out a standing chest press machine, plate loaded fly, pendulum squat etc. I am almost tempted to move country so I can train there :eek::D

Regarding my old school gym now check out their db's...

14obql0.jpg

Last edited:
331 lb dumbells......Do they have a mechanical crane to pick them up and put them back in the rack?

I don't take my phone to the gym so didn't get any pics. I just went there once as I don't live in the UK anymore. Here is their IG. If you scroll down they have a video of the 126kg db. They carry on going up by 1kg to 150 though.

https://www.instagram.com/dedicatedfitnessgymxl/?hl=en

That gym looks insane! Going by the pictures, they only have fitgirls and bb'ers training there. Are fat people not allowed or what is going on? :D

That gym looks insane! Going by the pictures, they only have fitgirls and bb'ers training there. Are fat people not allowed or what is going on? :D

There is a Planet Fitness next door.....that's where the fat people go. On free pizza day the place is packed full.....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear