over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what happened to the low carb/high protein thread for mass gain

when properly depleted, you can overeat carbs and protein and not store bodyfat. Can't do the same with fats.

Totally false, in fact, many gurus/trainers use the fats load for a reason, it is harder to spill than with carb load.

Good nutrition= Fruits, Veggetables, Eggs,Beef,Chicken,Fish,nuts.

I firmly believe paleo guys are in the right direction.

Totally agree

Carbohydrates are addictive, easy to eat, inexpensive and form part of social life. That is why they have so many defenders.

Totally false, in fact, many gurus/trainers use the fats load for a reason, it is harder to spill than with carb load.

We aren't debating pre-contest carbup techniques, rather bulking on lower carbs, Spilling over during carbup is totally different from fat gain

Last edited:
How many lean-year round guys do we have here that eat 500+ grams of carbs per day

How many lean-year round guys do we have here that eat under 250 grams carbs per day with cheatmeal/carbups as needed

I have a feeling the guys eating less carbs on this forum will tend to be leaner than guys eating tons of carbs on this forum

We aren't debating pre-contest carbup techniques, rather bulking on lower carbs, Spilling over during carbup is totally different from fat gain

I do not see the fat-gaining relationship you mention. If I see gain of water and fat when eat carbohydrates.

By the way, I see sense to eat lots of carbohydrates if you inyect insulin. It's what bodybuilders, strongmen, marathon runners, etc ...

But if you are natural, it is totally stupid.

Actually I'm not wrong, go read a book.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3165600/

This says that after your muscle glycogen is full, extra carbs will be converted to body fat:

475 grams carbs turns into 150 grams body lipids, that's 71% carb to fat conversion if you do the calorie math

When the glycogen stores are saturated, massive intakes of carbohydrate are disposed of by high carbohydrate-oxidation rates and substantial de novo lipid synthesis (150 g lipid/d using approximately 475 g CHO/d) without postabsorptive hyperglycemia.

This says that after your muscle glycogen is full, extra carbs will be converted to body fat:

475 grams carbs turns into 150 grams body lipids, that's 71% carb to fat conversion if you do the calorie math

When the glycogen stores are saturated, massive intakes of carbohydrate are disposed of by high carbohydrate-oxidation rates and substantial de novo lipid synthesis (150 g lipid/d using approximately 475 g CHO/d) without postabsorptive hyperglycemia.

Agreed, I was just showing that when glycogen is depleted, the participants could store 400-500g carbs before fat was deposited

I'm not a high carb advocate, just shows after a training session sane amounts of carbs will not be converted to fat

For each carbohydrate-friendly study, there are 100 favorable to a ketogenic approach.

On the other hand, I like to look at the history of human nutrition, in the past is where the are answers, and I do not see much consumption of pasta, rice, sugars, for millions of years.

I go to my personal evidence, when I ate tons of pasta and organic oats, my liver showed signs of deterioration. Switch to a high-fat approach for years, and I've never had any more problems.

I believe in having just enough carbs to function throughout my day. On days I workout I have more (But centered around my workouts), days I don't workout I have less carbs.

I am not high carb or keto.....just believe in moderation. Healthy carbs have to many good nutrients to pass up on....but your body needs a certain amount of healthy fat to keep everything functioning properly.

I have had family members follow "main-stream" diets that virtually eliminated all fats from their diet in an attempt to loose weight. The result is that all but one is now without a gall bladder.

Everybody is on this no or low carb fad. What context are you guys talking in? Sure for fat loss I go lower carbs, but for mass while still staying fairly lean a well balanced diet has trumped all for me personally. I have consistently grown over the past few years.

Everybody is on this no or low carb fad. What context are you guys talking in? Sure for fat loss I go lower carbs, but for mass while still staying fairly lean a well balanced diet has trumped all for me personally. I have consistently grown over the past few years.

I believe science has shown that 0.8g of protein per pound of lean weight, so make it 1 and you'll be good.

Eat the very same amount of carbs.

And add the same amount in calories from fat.

So, you'll keep a journey and make small variations on carbs. You write down how you feel and look. You do the same with fats. Proteins can remain same.

By doing this you'll know how to manipulate your macros to achieve your goals.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear