over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What happened to the upright row??

i like them. Use wide grip and up to the nips, no higher.
My Rotator Cuff can get aggraviated with pressing some times but never with the UpRights.

when I do them , its on the smith.

when i first started training everyone did this movement.

you never hear of it anymore...anyone still use it??

any results from it

I used too use it often and loved it. Now its an uncomfortable movement for me so I pretty much avoid it. Maybe I will try it agian with some light weights?

rarely do them.....

but IF i do.....

its on the smith......wide grip

:cool:

bingo...im this way too...and slightly leaning forward. ive seen some shoulders go from this exercise, albeit performed in poor fashion with inappropriate weight

in my experience, it's less about the exercises you choose to do and more about how intensively you do them. i happen to be able to generate quite a bit of intensity with upright rows, so i do them frequently. i do think your choices of exercise should be based on your individual physiology, however.

some guys are gonna have discomfort in various exercises that others don't: chin ups, bench press, upright rows, etc. we all move slightly differently. just get crazy with the movements you do choose, and you'll get results.

i like them. Use wide grip and up to the nips, no higher.
My Rotator Cuff can get aggraviated with pressing some times but never with the UpRights.

Ditto. No higher than lower chest.

I quit doing pressing movements a few months ago as my front delta are overdeveloped. They also tend to take the brunt of the weight on chest exercises. Wide grip upright rows are now the staple of my shoulder routine. I don't go higher than shoulders at a 90* angle, but I'm very strong at them. Last workout I did 225 for 12. I'll also use a smith sometimes.

front press on smith machine is my favorite,upright row i do that once in awhile due to injury.

yes.. he does them right in the video.. where i screwed up was letting my wrists break.. here is what i did.. by letting my wrists it put a goodly amount of stress on the wrist and in turn f'ed my elbows.. if one link in the chain goes they all go.. this caused some soft tissue damage in my elbow which is impinging my nerve in my elbow and wrist.. doc says (ortho) the irritated nerve can take months to recover.. i still feel the effects today and this happened on the 4th of nov.. still not training.. waiting for elbow to feel better.. at my age cant afford to be brave/stupid lol.. theres a fine line..

Sorry to hear. Does sound painful and must be frustrating to have to sit out of training so long.

Maybe go do some squats. I hear they cure everything, including cancer :)

not good at all for your rotators guys, I learned the hard way and then read about it in a book about shoulders. Haven't done it in years and don't miss it, just overhead presses and side laterals, and I get compliments on my delts regularly, they are probably my best bodypart.

Same here in terms of learning the hard way. It was hurting my rotators, no matter what grip I used. Don't miss the exercise at all. Great for some just didn't work well for me.

Yes, I do them every once in a while..Good exercise for side delts. I normally do them with a relatively wide grip, don't go higher than lower chest..I have no problems with my elbows when doing them but for some odd reason it seems to be kill my wrists..That's why I do it maybe like every 5th delt workout or so, pumping with a relatively small weight..

I use to do them years ago but always seemed to pinch a nerve in my trap so I quit them. Maybe i will try again and just not pull up as high.

I switched from upright rows to high pulls with a wider grip and don't plan on going back. I feel that high pulls hit my traps and my shoulders better while taking a bit of stress off my rotators at the same time. I dunno if that makes much sense, but I don't feel any pinching or popping in my left shoulder like I do when I do upright rows when I'm doing high pulls. Plus I can use a lot more weight ;)

I love them with dumbbells. I do dbs upright rows instead of lat raises since the latter annihilates my shoulder joint (dunno what I am doing wrong I've tried partials, perfect form, a little body english, nothing works to let me do it painfree).

DB upright rows are great though and I can go much heavier than lat raises anyway so they give me more growth.

I love upright rows!!
I use the ez-curl style bar.
They have put a lot of good size on my shoulders.
I bring the bar all the way up to my chin while looking straight.
I usually shoot for 8-10 reps and never had any shoulder problems.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear