YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What have you guys found luck with in reversing SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction?

Moen

Kilo Klub Member
Since half this board seems to be on one anyway :D:

I'm thinking about trying out dopamine-agonists like pramipexole or cabergoline since IMO the dysfunction is clearly a dopamine-related problem. (for me it gets better the more caffeine I use for example)

I'm on 100mg zoloft a day and couldn't bust a nut no matter how long I went at it. The gf was not a fan. 0.5mg cabaser E3D solved the problem.

Prami will do it.

I suggest you try a different drug and wait a couple of weeks. I started on Celexa and couldn't bust a nut even manually in less than 30 minutes.

I switched to Lexapro and within a couple of weeks, I am significantly better, though I still take a little longer than I did before the drugs.

Prozac and paxil are probably the worst for this.

What drug is safe for use and makes you last longer? Im sick of having to smoke an insane amount of weed to go on for a good 30 mins.

I suggest you try a different drug and wait a couple of weeks. I started on Celexa and couldn't bust a nut even manually in less than 30 minutes.

I switched to Lexapro and within a couple of weeks, I am significantly better, though I still take a little longer than I did before the drugs.

Prozac and paxil are probably the worst for this.

Well I'm back on lexapro now so I'm having it with that one as well. I wish I only needed 30 mins LOL

Anyone have any success with using 5-htp instead of these damn ssri's? (tryptophan didnt work)

What drug is safe for use and makes you last longer? Im sick of having to smoke an insane amount of weed to go on for a good 30 mins.

haven't used but have looked very briefly into DAPOXETINE. A sponsor on here has it and says "(Used to Treat Pre Ejaculation) Google "Dapoxetine" for more info"

so that might be something to look into, pretty cheap may be worth a try

Anything that raises serotonin should help (5-htp, tryptophan, carbs, ...)

Is there anyone who hasn't had any problems in getting the missile to the launch pad while using SSRIs? I've used Prozac and currently take Lexapro, never had a problem. With the Prozac years ago, I actually had a delay at first when it came to reaching the Gland Finale, which isn't necessarily bad, but with the Lexapro, nothing. Maybe that seems strange, but it's the truth. Anyone else out there find they don't have any problems with these types of drugs? (Not hijacking - just curious)

A friend of mine who also take Lexapro says the same thing as noted above, that Prami helps.

No dysfunction whatsoever, everything exactly the same as when off? (I do believe you) What dose are you on?

I was on the product marketing launch team for on of the ssri

Some people are just more prone to the delayed finish. You need to try switch if it's a problem. Prami may work, I have no idea. But Researchstop/Macro really know their stuff.

My experience over the past dozen plus years
Zoloft took forever and was the worst. Paxil was bad too. Prozac and Lexapro had little or no negative effect. But this is just me. I'd talk to my doc about switching before I went and self medicated. I love Prami, but go legit first. There are a lot of choices now for depression. A combo like effexor or zymbalta may work for you. Once again, go legit with your doc. Then add some goodies later. It worked for me. :eek:

I've tried almost all of them triathloncoach, all the same except paxil and zoloft which idd seem to be even worse.

Anyone have any experience with L-DOPA?

We regularly use cyproheptadine with patients experiencing issues such as you described and for the most part our clients report that their sexual issues are resolved simply by adding this med to address SSRI side effects. One of the nice things about cypro is that for most people it is slightly sedating so it has the additional benefit of improving one's sleep...

Copied from the National Institute of Health website:

Cyproheptadine treatment of sexual dysfunction induced by serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

Abstract

Treatment of serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SRIs) is associated with sexual dysfunction. The cause of this dysfunction is unclear but may be related to stimulation of the serotonergic system. In the present article, we describe seven patients in whom iatrogenic sexual dysfunction induced by SRIs was treated with cyproheptadine, a 5HT-2 antagonist with antihistaminergic and adrenolytic properties. Seven obsessive-compulsive male patients, aged 29-54 years, who developed sexual dysfunction following treatment with SRIs (fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, and clomipramine) were instructed to take cyproheptadine (4-12 mg) 1-2 h before commencing sexual activity. Five of the seven patients displayed improvement in sexual function, although the improvement was transitory in two. The two remaining patients did not respond. All patients exhibited sedation on the day following cyproheptadine administration. Our preliminary observation suggests that some patients with sexual dysfunction associated with SRI treatment, mainly decreased libido and anorgasmia, may benefit from cyproheptadine administration. The role of 5HT-2 antagonists in SRI-induced sexual dysfunction merits further investigation.

Thanks drift wood!

The people using prami: can you use it on as needed basis of do you need to be on it continuously for it to work?

Prami works great for this.

Moen, it's better with continuous use. Just start real low and find the sweet spot in your dosing. Take it slow.

not sure its responsible to be recommending a powerful dopamine agonist to people with depression.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear