over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What I have learned over the years !!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but cardio post and or in the morning go by the same theory that your body will tap into fat reserves because the stored glycogen will have been depleted, and therefore having to find and alternative (body fat).

Yes your glycogen is depleted in the morning upon waking up. However, I'm not too sure about this. Isn't the human body designed for survival, therefore the body would use the muscles for energy and spare your fat until it's the last thing left? If somebody knowledgeable could shed some light on this. Oh and sorry chris250 if this seems like high jacking your thread. However I would like to add my input about what you stated. I think that the things your saying about yourself also apply to me as well. However when I bulk, I seem to respond better to lower reps like in the 6-9 rep range.

Yes your glycogen is depleted in the morning upon waking up. However, I'm not too sure about this. Isn't the human body designed for survival, therefore the body would use the muscles for energy and spare your fat until it's the last thing left? If somebody knowledgeable could shed some light on this. Oh and sorry chris250 if this seems like high jacking your thread. However I would like to add my input about what you stated. I think that the things your saying about yourself also apply to me as well. However when I bulk, I seem to respond better to lower reps like in the 6-9 rep range.

The body will use the fat as energy first since that's what it is there for. If you are very depleted of fat then the body may choose to start using muscle which is why you don't want to kill yourself with TONS of cardio when dieting particularly towards the end.

Great thread Chris250! You have had some good topics to discuss. Pretty much to sum it up on how I do things is that I eat enough to promote lean tissue development and fat loss when needed. Eat enough to stimulate or maintain muscle growth, which all depends on your body structure. If I do not see progress, I fix it with my recover and adjust my carb intake. Currently, I train with weights 6 days per week with low/moderate volume and progressive workload. I do about 30 minutes after each workout on the bike at a very slow and steady pace. I have been eating pretty low carbs (150 grams per day)and if I see that my body is starting to lose any muscle I just increase my food intake, but do not do anything drastic with my macro's. I do have a couple of cheat meals a week to break it up. If I need high carb meal, I pretty much eat one. If I feel my body is getting burnt out on 150 grams of carbs, I will up it to 200 grams of carbs, but for now I am staying at 150 grams with high carbs meals as needed (mainly on the weekend).

And I do enjoy taking my LBA's with skim milk!

Great thread Chris250! You have had some good topics to discuss. Pretty much to sum it up on how I do things is that I eat enough to promote lean tissue development and fat loss when needed. Eat enough to stimulate or maintain muscle growth, which all depends on your body structure. If I do not see progress, I fix it with my recover and adjust my carb intake. Currently, I train with weights 6 days per week with low/moderate volume and progressive workload. I do about 30 minutes after each workout on the bike at a very slow and steady pace. I have been eating pretty low carbs (150 grams per day)and if I see that my body is starting to lose any muscle I just increase my food intake, but do not do anything drastic with my macro's. I do have a couple of cheat meals a week to break it up. If I need high carb meal, I pretty much eat one. If I feel my body is getting burnt out on 150 grams of carbs, I will up it to 200 grams of carbs, but for now I am staying at 150 grams with high carbs meals as needed (mainly on the weekend).

And I do enjoy taking my LBA's with skim milk!

I like to take my LBA's in fat free/low carb yogurt...that is the best

great thread chris!

im really learning from some of your posts.....

i really like listening to the vets.

DAMN INTERESTING CHRIS!...good post

I came to bodybuilding after a career as a semi-pro cyclist then successful age group triathlete. I have used small doese of AAS's for many years before bodybuilding. Now I am a lot heavier - I started at 75kilo and am now 90kilo, but still do cardio first thing in the morning. I am in my 40's and its never too late.

I also just use 500mg Test Enth ew and keep cycles to 10 weeks. Then PCT correctly. Pref Nolvadex v Clomid and keep HCG down as had a touch of gyno when I shot a lot of that.

Now they have come right down in price, a pulsemeter is a good investment. Your fat burning zone is circa 65 - 75% of you maximum heart rate. As a rule of thumb - not accuarte enough for cyclists its 220beats per minute minus your age. Speed walking, jogging but pref cycling as non load bearing.

I'd be happy to help anybody re cardio etc.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear