advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What if Carbs were the secret all along?

^^^^^^THIS

fix your imbalances or take this looney tunes shit to reddit

You mean increase the dosage? Just saying fuck getting in shape slowing down the aging process looking good naked feeling healthy and fit fuck arsthetics fuck all that fuck a kidney become a monster or sit the fuck down

You mean increase the dosage? Just saying fuck getting in shape slowing down the aging process looking good naked feeling healthy and fit fuck arsthetics fuck all that fuck a kidney become a monster or sit the fuck down
Im saying you look like an overcooked rotisserie chicken

it s important like fats and proteins :sneaky:

Look up low protein bodybuilding, its been done. I started going 75-100 grams per day in 2017, averaging about 50g-75g per day this year. Still haven’t lost even a centimeter of size anywhere in nearly four years and eating is actually fun now, I had PB&J and chocolate milk for lunch today lol, maybe I’ll have a steak and salad for dinner, maybe cheesecake.... I can never go back to “1 gram per pound bro”.

There's a BIG difference in the amount of protein to put on muscle vs maintaining muscle. At this point you sound like you're just interested in maintaining. The same goes for lifting. What it takes to build muscle and what it takes to maintain muscle are two different things!

There's a BIG difference in the amount of protein to put on muscle vs maintaining muscle. At this point you sound like you're just interested in maintaining. The same goes for lifting. What it takes to build muscle and what it takes to maintain muscle are two different things!
the testosterone study had protein intake at 1.5 grams per KILO. and the fat free mass gains were 10-12 pounds in 10 weeks. 600mg a week test. still, thats quite a bit lower than 1, 1.5 g per pound....muscle is 70 percent water by weight.
carbs is king when adding muscle.

And who wants to look great I want to look ill like a mutated non human shaved zombie gorilla covered in dark vascularity and painfully striated the only question should be what have you done to yourself not ooh nice physique
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you ain't got the genes for it my man....

Stay lean and healthy. That's your ticket. Younaint got the weights it would take anyway in that lil' covid gym of yours.... big boys play w big weight plain and simple ;)

I look forward to your next installment tho lol

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you ain't got the genes for it my man....

Stay lean and healthy. That's your ticket. Younaint got the weights it would take anyway in that lil' covid gym of yours.... big boys play w big weight plain and simple ;)

I look forward to your next installment tho lol

Not everyone can pull 700lbs you asshole lololol

the testosterone study had protein intake at 1.5 grams per KILO. and the fat free mass gains were 10-12 pounds in 10 weeks. 600mg a week test. still, thats quite a bit lower than 1, 1.5 g per pound....muscle is 70 percent water by weight.
carbs is king when adding muscle.
Not true, amino acids are KING for adding muscle! carbs are king for adding bodyfat! Relatively speaking

Not true, amino acids are KING for adding muscle! carbs are king for adding bodyfat! Relatively speaking
Proteins builds muscle. Carbs, and fats supple the energy for the workouts. And the energy and nutrients for the body to fuel the process for growing muscle. To much of any of those is a waste from my experience. And not enough will slow your rate of growth. Finding the right balance is the issue.

Proteins builds muscle. Carbs, and fats supple the energy for the workouts. And the energy and nutrients for the body to fuel the process for growing muscle. To much of any of those is a waste from my experience. And not enough will slow your rate of growth. Finding the right balance is the issue.
and then there is the Macro Nutrient Combining Theory, eating only protein and carbs at same meal and it's tough to add body fat, protein and fats? same outcome, but carbs and fats at same meal and you've created the perfect environment to add pleny of body fat

and then there is the Macro Nutrient Combining Theory, eating only protein and carbs at same meal and it's tough to add body fat, protein and fats? same outcome, but carbs and fats at same meal and you've created the perfect environment to add pleny of body fat
Tell that to @concreter eating a half gallon of ice cream every night before bed :D

Macro combining has it's place. Like if I'm going really high carb, I'll try and keep fat low and vice versa, but I think we (me included) over analyze a bit much and at the end of the day, it comes down to calories. Yes, you want plenty of protein, but how much do the other two really matter? Sometimes I wonder. For instance, Jordan Peters said he starts some of his clients with "eat a gram per pound minimum, divide the calorie balance of carbs and fats based on preference" although he himself eats mostly mostly high protein and carb, plain old meat and rice. In fact, he said all he does to diet down is eat the exact same diet, simply less calories. Sometimes makes me wonder if all this fuckery we do with diets means nothing in the end.

All youz gotta do (to quote my friend from Philly) is eat more to gain and eat less to lose. Maybe it really is that simple.

Macro combining has it's place. Like if I'm going really high carb, I'll try and keep fat low and vice versa, but I think we (me included) over analyze a bit much and at the end of the day, it comes down to calories. Yes, you want plenty of protein, but how much do the other two really matter? Sometimes I wonder. For instance, Jordan Peters said he starts some of his clients with "eat a gram per pound minimum, divide the calorie balance of carbs and fats based on preference" although he himself eats mostly mostly high protein and carb, plain old meat and rice. In fact, he said all he does to diet down is eat the exact same diet, simply less calories. Sometimes makes me wonder if all this fuckery we do with diets means nothing in the end.

All youz gotta do (to quote my friend from Philly) is eat more to gain and eat less to lose. Maybe it really is that simple.

I did this all my years competing

Offseason diet with just reducing 1/3 of meal size on prep and having the exact same meal 5-8 x ed

I did this all my years competing

Offseason diet with just reducing 1/3 of meal size on prep and having the exact same meal 5-8 x ed

Which is ironic, because, when I eat 'clean' but well, without trying, my macros

Screenshot_20201115-194355_MyFitnessPal.jpg

There are lots of great sounding theories out there. If you would like to follow one of them for a year or 2 and let me know how it works that would be great. As I know over the last few decades I have tried a number of different ones. I have lived through the fat is bad and gained body fat by eating carbs and protein. These days I eat more fats and less carbs and that reduces my appetite. But I also peaked along time ago. Now I keep things more basic as what has worked for most will probably work for me.

Sorry kingpeon, but i gotta disagree with you with some of these messages. Amino acids are king for muscle but carbs are king for body fat? I mean i guess if you're talking about it in laymans terms...but speaking on a hardcore bodybuilding forum, we allll should know better than that.

From everything we've read, it seems like once we hit a certain threshold of protein, nothing "better" happens in terms of gains. We know that 1g/lb works and i think most BBers will stay between that and 1.75g/lb....2g doesn't seem to do much and so on. And honestly, we DONT see this with carbs. When gaining muscle mass and when our body is in need to a change in calories to keep thing gain progression going, adding 50-100g of carbs SEEMS TO change our physique in a position and something we can continue to do. Thats just me touching on a TON of PM threads over the years and anecdotal evidence. Kai Green bumping his protein to 500g didn't do much. But when big dudes go from 500 to 600g of carbs, stuff starting moving again. At least this is what I've seen while coaching.

And as far as macronutrient combining, you should preface your "carbs and fat together is the perfect environment" line with MAAYBE...IN AN EXTREME SURPLUS. Having some olive oil, jasmine rice and chicken breast is not a recipe for fat game, I'm sorry but its not. Put these things into context because the blanket statements dont help anyone. There are plenty of professional and high level amateurs right now that are mixing carbs and fats together in meals and not ballooning up.

And as far as macronutrient combining, you should preface your "carbs and fat together is the perfect environment" line with MAAYBE...IN AN EXTREME SURPLUS. Having some olive oil, jasmine rice and chicken breast is not a recipe for fat game, I'm sorry but its not. Put these things into context because the blanket statements dont help anyone. There are plenty of professional and high level amateurs right now that are mixing carbs and fats together in meals and not ballooning up.

Fear of consuming fats is also a reason people don't make the gains they want. They're an essential nutrient just like protein but you rarely hear people adding more to their diet when gains stall.

Sorry kingpeon, but i gotta disagree with you with some of these messages. Amino acids are king for muscle but carbs are king for body fat? I mean i guess if you're talking about it in laymans terms...but speaking on a hardcore bodybuilding forum, we allll should know better than that.

From everything we've read, it seems like once we hit a certain threshold of protein, nothing "better" happens in terms of gains. We know that 1g/lb works and i think most BBers will stay between that and 1.75g/lb....2g doesn't seem to do much and so on. And honestly, we DONT see this with carbs. When gaining muscle mass and when our body is in need to a change in calories to keep thing gain progression going, adding 50-100g of carbs SEEMS TO change our physique in a position and something we can continue to do. Thats just me touching on a TON of PM threads over the years and anecdotal evidence. Kai Green bumping his protein to 500g didn't do much. But when big dudes go from 500 to 600g of carbs, stuff starting moving again. At least this is what I've seen while coaching.

I don't disagree with anything you've said and I also tend to speak in generalities for the sake of brevity and perhaps to pique the curiosity of the newb. As most of us here already know what I'm getting at so pointing out the details of the obvious seems redundant

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws