over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What if you could?

probably just started gear alot sooner...like 18 19 instead of late 20s...

Would'nt of taken over 10 yrs off.
Just started useing gear for real @ 40, since I found PM, now 43.
Good thing muscle has memory!

I would have had more attention to nutrition and diet. I also will start to do more hamstring exercises to help protect my knees. The gear did not come into play till much later. It was there in the beginning but it was so low that I don't consider it a starting point.

I wouldn't have eaten so much in the beginning, never needed that much food.

I'd have found this place sooner :)

Would've isolated my arms and quads instead of falling into that "benches and pullups will make your arms big and squats will make your quads big" powerlifter mentality.

I don't even want to powerlift anymore. I'm 99% sure I'm done barbell flat benching. I still like to squat and deadlift, but I see a LOT better growth from higher reps than conventional powerlifter reps. Now i'm stuck playing severe catchup on arms (which is a bitch, because every other muscle is more powerful and tends to take over) and quads.

I would have eaten a LOT more, and not been concerned about keeping a "beach body". It's a lot easier to shed fat than it is to gain muscle.

I would have started about 10 years sooner....in my late teens instead of late twenties....but oh well, better late than never!!

I grew up in a midwest town where people were polite and honest.
Well,when I read the magazines or even books I believed what the big boys claimed they were doing as far as training and supplements.

I WAS SO NAIVE!! until i met guys that actually competed and in college playing ball , they told me the truth about santa claus! I felt mad,sad and stupid.

I would not spend the thousands on supplements.My diet was always pretty good but obviously I have learned more over the years.I wouldn't use as much protein powder,just at certain times

I feel my training has been pretty good,maybe a little too much volume at times.

To all you guys who love to bench press...I would have done my rotator cuff exercises before every chest workout. It is such a tiny muscle that needs to be strengthened or you will one day most certainly blow it out while doing chest. I just started doing them a couple years ago. I don't know how to describe the two exercises in words, but I'm sure you can find a good desciption with a google search. I do a half dozen sets of each prior to training chest, or alternating with my warm up exercise, pec deck. It really gets the blood in the right part of the delts to cushion the rotator cuff while you bench.

Got strong on the deadlift, squat and bench. Basically, I would of did more powerlifting type routines. Plus, I would've ate more.

It's Never too late!

Is that how you guys met,he was your trainer?

I know..... your right!!! New year, so we shall see!!!

We met over 15 yrs ago. I was a member of his gym and was actually dating one of his friends and he was married at the time. We all used to go out together on the weekends and hang out!!! We caught back up 4 yrs ago when we were both single!!! :love::love::love::love::love: I am a lucky gal!!!

I grew up in a midwest town where people were polite and honest.
Well,when I read the magazines or even books I believed what the big boys claimed they were doing as far as training and supplements.

I WAS SO NAIVE!! until i met guys that actually competed and in college playing ball , they told me the truth about santa claus! I felt mad,sad and stupid.

I would not spend the thousands on supplements.My diet was always pretty good but obviously I have learned more over the years.I wouldn't use as much protein powder,just at certain times

I feel my training has been pretty good,maybe a little too much volume at times.

Great point...I want all of that money I drank/swallowed away because I saw it in a magazine. I had a stockpile and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting the results I wanted.

I would have listened to all the vet's, instead I thought I knew everything:banghead: I guess we are all noobs at some point, weather we want to admit it or not :rolleyes:

I wish I could go back and uppercut myself repeatedly for trying to "feel the muscle" and "get a good pump" and "go light do it right", etc, etc.......those things are fine, and certainly have their place BUT I wish I could have known the importance of progression!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

More cardio
Less junk food
Less weight
More reps
Less money wasted on crappy legal supps
All of that money spent appropriately on good supps
Got lean first

Most importantly, and generally, less listening to what people said you HAVE to do, and more of doing what just worked for me. I spent more time then I wanted to forcing certain ideas and techniques and bro-logic, when I wish I just listened to my body when it told me some of those things weren't for me.

And I also would have kept bodybuilding up after high school, when I had a good foundation, and not taken that 5 year break to get fat and create more work for myself then I needed. Could have been pretty impressive by the age of 21 if I didn't do that...

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws