over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is causing my excessive burping?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Been going on a year and a half now. I'm burping literally all day. I don't know what the hell to do. I suspected it was Metformin, but I've stopped taking that for the last several days to see if that was the cause and it hasn't gone away at all.

I've tried apple cider vinegar, glutamine, 3 different probiotics (Dr. Sinatra, Life Extension FLORASSIST GI, and I forget the third), etc.

I'm also taking the following: creatine, prebiotic, ribose, citrulline malate, fish oil (1600mg omega 3), krill oil, curcumin, selenium, uniquinol, vitamin c, vitamin d3, Arjuna, citrus bergamot, nac, vitamin k2, magnésium, vitamin e, lysine, taurine, ALCAR, Proline, pine bark extract, bronkaid, coffee, benfotiamine, astaxanthin, garlic, Omega 7, pomegranate extract, PQQ, nattokinase, quercetin, HMB, leucine

Yes I take a lot of stuff. Would any of those things trigger this? Could it be fish oil?

I'm hoping to avoid prescriptions due to the long term dangers associated, especially after reading the latest Life Extension issue.

no clue but that is a lot of pills that could get caught in the esophagus or along the way down, maybe always drink plenty of extra water after swallowing pills, just a guess.

I'm going to stop the Carlson Elite Omega 3 fish oils for the next couple of days to see if it goes away. I can't think of what else could be the culprit.

That's a long ass time brother. I would perhaps see a Doctor because you've tried many things thus far.

A few years back I had the hiccups for 3 days straight and it was annoying as all hell. I saw my Doc he gave me something (can't remember), but within a few hours they we're finally gone.

That's a long ass time brother. I would perhaps see a Doctor because you've tried many things thus far.

A few years back I had the hiccups for 3 days straight and it was annoying as all hell. I saw my Doc he gave me something (can't remember), but within a few hours they we're finally gone.

If removing this brand of fish oil doesn't work, I'm going to have to see a doctor. The reason I haven't is because I'm assuming they will just prescribe me something harmful long term that I am trying to avoid.

Excessive stomach acid? Or acid reflux? Don't think it's the fish oil unless it's roughly an hour after ingestion and tastes kinda fishy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excessive stomach acid? Or acid reflux? Don't think it's the fish oil unless it's roughly an hour after ingestion and tastes kinda fishy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No fishy taste at all, which is why I never really considered it was fish oil. Not to mention only one review (out of many) on amazon under the brand claims they are burping. The burps are pretty dry unless I recently ate/drank something. I've even tried OTC acid preventing stuff at Walgreens to no avail.

So just burps. Like as if you drank a soda...

When I got back in shape and starting supplementing again I started burping regularly when before I had to force burps out to the point of gagging.

I narrowed it down to fish oil for me, but screw it the burps settle my stomach, just kinda rude sometimes....

So just burps. Like as if you drank a soda...

I mean I haven't drank soda in like a decade, but pretty much.

When I got back in shape and starting supplementing again I started burping regularly when before I had to force burps out to the point of gagging.

I narrowed it down to fish oil for me, but screw it the burps settle my stomach, just kinda rude sometimes....

This sounds just like what I have. So you figured out it was the fish oil? I really hope it is, because then I can just use another brand. I thought it was Metformin for the longest time, and really didn't want to have to stop that.

you may be spontaneously combusting......

:cool:

This could be caused by many things. I guess this is one of the disadvantages of taking so many supplements as you never know what is the cause of something. Although I am thinking this may be because of eating or drinking habits. Do you eat/drink very fast? Do you drink lots of diet soda? I doubt it is the fish oil. If it was due to the supplements you take I would imagine it would be more down to the sheer amount of them as opposed to 1 in particular. I can see why you might think it was fish oïl but I think that's just down to the capsules taking longer to digest and you can't mistake the fish taste when that happens. The fact you mention no fishy taste would probably rule out the fish oïl capsules causing the issue.

How is your digestion in general? I honestly think you could stop taking about a 3rd of your supplements and your health would be the same.

Ginger and fennel are really good for burping. Crush some fennel seeds and eat them or make a tea. Eat ginger if you can or again make a tea. Have a few teas per day and see if that makes a difference.

This could be caused by many things. I guess this is one of the disadvantages of taking so many supplements as you never know what is the cause of something. I know, it's hard to narrow it down Although I am thinking this may be because of eating or drinking habits. Do you eat/drink very fast? no Do you drink lots of diet soda? have had diet soda maybe twice in the past 10 years if you don't count the times I've mixed with rum, so noI doubt it is the fish oil. Yea I also have my doubts due to the fact all the amazon reviews say they don't burp except for one If it was due to the supplements you take I would imagine it would be more down to the sheer amount of them as opposed to 1 in particular possibly, but I can't see how a combo would cause all day burps. It's not like I'm the only one who does this on here, and a lot of the ones I listed are powder form. I can see why you might think it was fish oïl but I think that's just down to the capsules taking longer to digest and you can't mistake the fish taste when that happens. The fact you mention no fishy taste would probably rule out the fish oïl capsules causing the issue. Yea exactly. No fishy taste at all so I don't know. These caps aren't enteric coated though, which is said to make the burps not happen. I'll soon find out.

How is your digestion in general? Always been good. Only time I had an issue was recently when I came off ferrous sulfate to boost my iron, but it's back to normal. I've always had good digestion it seems.I honestly think you could stop taking about a 3rd of your supplements and your health would be the same. probably, but some are so cheap that I feel crazy not re-ordering something. the question is also what I would stop, but you are probably correct honestly, and I know it.

Ginger and fennel are really good for burping. Crush some fennel seeds and eat them or make a tea. Eat ginger if you can or again make a tea. Have a few teas per day and see if that makes a difference.I can try this trick if it's not the fish oil. Thanks for the tips my friend

Bold

are you on tren? when i run high doses of tren I get REALLY bad hiccups, i can't even sleep cause they won't go away, tried the drinking water trick, holding my breath etc

just google tren hiccups

it got so bad i almost puked a couple times just hiccuping and burping

went away when i lowered the tren

are you on tren? when i run high doses of tren I get REALLY bad hiccups, i can't even sleep cause they won't go away, tried the drinking water trick, holding my breath etc

just google tren hiccups

Tren does this to me as well, especially tren e.

NH, you take alot of supps and vitamins brother. I had to cut back big time because I was having major stomach issues, burping, hiccuping, etc. I just take vit c, vit d3, and my iron supp now. All that other stuff was messing with me. All those caps and tabs. Just take the essentials.

I mean I haven't drank soda in like a decade, but pretty much.

This sounds just like what I have. So you figured out it was the fish oil? I really hope it is, because then I can just use another brand. I thought it was Metformin for the longest time, and really didn't want to have to stop that.

Actually I found out it was any fish oil not a specific brand. I'm taking a break from metformin right now and I still have the burps. Not hiccups though, it's burping and tastes bad.

Actually I found out it was any fish oil not a specific brand. I'm taking a break from metformin right now and I still have the burps. Not hiccups though, it's burping and tastes bad.

you ever think about seeing a doctor to get checked out and everything? maybe it's a bigger issue or underlying issue, better safe than sorry?

just google tren hiccups

No, I'm not on tren.

I just took metformin again just now. I figured I can rule that out as the cause.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws