over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is messing with my sleep? I am waking up every 2 hours everynight

UseButDontAbuse

Registered
Since one year ago i am constantly waking up every 2 hours everynight, starving for sugars and thirsty.

Anyone ever had these symptoms? What could be?

Thanks for your help.

Well, insomnia tends to increase your cravings for sweets, so whatever is causing the insomnia may not be causing the cravings for sweets: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201308/insomnia-increases-junk-food-cravings

Additionally, when awake, the brain is using a lot more energy to maintain its energetic flow and needing to use the water reserve to cool down from overheating / overworking which causes sweating and inner dehydration, so the lack of sleep and your body not "shutting down" could be leading to the dehydrated feeling.

Are you on stims? Are you stressed? Have you had bloodwork to ensure hormones are normal (low test can cause sleep disturbances)? Are you "plugged in" too much in the evening on your phone or computer?

Thanks for the link. Indeed insomnia, may be the reason i am getting sugar cravings.

About your question, my is as a software developer, from 9:30am to 19:00PM so it may one of the reasons. I tend to drink a lot off coffee and my workout time usually ranges from 20:00pm to 21:45pm. Do you think this could be the reason? I miss the days i would get a full night of sleep.

Do you recomend any natural sleep aiders? I am really clueless of what todo..

Thanks for the link. Indeed insomnia, may be the reason i am getting sugar cravings.

About your question, my is as a software developer, from 9:30am to 19:00PM so it may one of the reasons. I tend to drink a lot off coffee and my workout time usually ranges from 20:00pm to 21:45pm. Do you think this could be the reason? I miss the days i would get a full night of sleep.

Sounds like you nailed it...

GABA, L-tryptophan, valarian root, chamomile and valarian tea, melatonin (but come off this as you can develop a reliance on it), 5-HTP, ZMA

I've used True Nutrition's Sleep Aid before and it helps True Nutrition | Sleep Aid 600mg Capsules (60 Capsules)

(Hopefully it is OK to post that link even though TN is not a sponsor anymore)

ZMA give me some vivid dreams

Last edited:
that happens too me when my estrogen levels are high

Tart Cherry juice has work for myself and others here, there is thread down the list somewhere.

Ak

cisco engineer, staring at a large screen with small text all day is my killer as well. i have a hard time putting my brain at ease and it's just gotten worse throughout my tenure.

repetitive sounds help me a great deal, fan, humidifier, etc. TV noise will keep me awake though and I try to stay away from my phone at night.

aside from the technology and interactive stuff i'd get blood work done too.

i know when i workout past 930 my body cant relax in time for me to go to sleep and get a deep sleep. Im usually exhausted the next day... try to keep your workout to an hour and eat something with sugar right after your done. might help

regarding your name i assume youre not on tren or anadrol?
because these do exactly this to me.

other tips:
stop drinking much after 6-7pm
eat most of your carbs pre bed and doze off (not sure if this is a good idea, but it works :D)

other tips:
eat most of your carbs pre bed and doze off (not sure if this is a good idea, but it works :D)

I sleep real well on anadrol. Tren though is a little rough first few weeks. Superdrol the worst for me though. Totally agree with the carb thing as it will increse serotonin levels. I cant sleep for shit on less than 400 per day, 600 per day I sleep quite nice. 800 is awesome. On my 1000 plus refeed days I sleep deep and feel really energised next day. Keep fats lower if you user this approach obviously though. Eating lots of carbs pre bed won't make you any fatter so long as they fit your macros. I've been upto 300 plus in one meal before bed, if anything I got leaner eating them late in the day and there is science to back this up to. I just did it for sleep though

Valerian is my personal favorite, for natural at least...that shit can knock you out at higher doses.

These guys have given some excellent suggestions for natural sleep aids. When I was waking up every hour and nothing seemed to work I tried Delta Sleep Inducing Peptide (DSIP) and it worked extremely well in helping me stay asleep. I would definitely try the natural route first of course but this is always another option which is pretty safe and in my opinion better than prescription medications. Took me years to sleep half way normal after being on sleep meds.

other tips:

Couldn't agree more. The 2 biggest things for me is having a filling meal and cut way back on fluids before bed. That way I'm not walking up hungry or having to piss. Makes a huge difference

sleep

Another thing to consider is sleep apnea. I used to do the same thing, so I decided to have a sleep study performed. I stopped breathing 60 times per hour and it would wake me up. I now rely on a cpap and take 10 mg of Melatonin each night. Sleep is a MAJOR factor in bodily functions.

I second the sleep study for sleep apnea. I had same issues. Been on Cpap machine since 2005. Life changing using that machine. Apnea can be fatal...example Reggie White

This sounds familiar I get up every few hours also and crave sugars, I take Melatonin and 5htp and it seems to help a bit but still not getting a full night sleep.

Try laying off of the coffee FIRST! See how this works out for you. Next try to schedule your workout time not so close to your sleep time. Most folks who tend to workout and then hit then bed sometime right after are still wound up from the workout. (not everyone, but most) Lastly, taking anything for sleep aid is temporary. I have been thru the who gambit so far. Valerian, melatonin, OTC sleep aids in pills or liquids, Benadryl, scripts - Ativan, Ambien.... they were all temporary and eventually I had to keep flipping them around to get more than 4 hours of sleep at a time. I finally said enough was enough. Started eating right, layed off late night alchohol, timing my workouts, and a little meditation before bed time. Ambien was the worst to kick. Did a 1 1/2 yr run straight every night. So far for the last 3 months I have taken nothing for sleep. And I feel much better in the morning. Some nights I toss and turn a little but I'd rather toss and turn then take something again. Other nights I sleep just fine.

Try changing somethings around in your life first. And see how that works. Good luck.

P.S. lastly before I forget I also say my prayers before I go to bed as a form of meditation. (it works for me, and do not want to go off topic with anything religious. just saying what works for me!)

Last edited:
Thanks for all your input. I will do a bloodwork exam and see if everything is in range. Then i will do the sleep apnea exam.

Will update you guys, this is really messing with my daily life, always tired.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131