over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the best protein supplement powder to take for people with IBS

caedus

Registered
Recently diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome wondering if anyone else has the same problem with severe constipation and bloating and such, I have been advised to eat the FODMap diet, pretty much have to give up gluten mostly and lactose and gas causing veggies like cabbage cauliflower and broccoli which we all know ur so good for us But I can still have spinach and kale and many other things, my question is if any of you have IBS what is the best protein supplement and any type of dieting advice with this symptom or disease or whatever the hell it is that I've been diagnosed with.<br/>

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I have this same issue first off are you taking a probiotic or digestive enzymes? I'm currently using a plant based protein powder that Costco has it has a few carbs in it but I feel this protein powder actually helps with digestion.

Another thing to possibly check is your estrogen, prolactin and progestin levels IBS is far more common in women than in men and I tend to find my IBS flares up more or so depending what type of gear I'm using and feel estrogen and prolactin tend to play a vital role in all this. There's a possibility of a sluggish thyroid which can slow down transit time in the bowels. Doctors tend to put the label of IBS on something they can't seem to figure out and yet most of them are reluctant to do a simple blood test on the thyroid and hormonal function not saying this is your case but it's something to look into.

But for now I would definitely get on a strong pro biotic, add digestive enzymes before every meal and make sure you taking in plenty of water. Been fighting this for years and also find stress levels can bring this on as well good luck to you

I eat fodmap as well. I use true nutrition whey isolate cold filtered, debitterized hydrolyzed whey and dymatize ISO 100.

I use the probiotic in the pic as well as NOW super enzymes. I am also prescribed dicyclomine and this helps big time. I drink a liter of kefir per day, maintain low stress levels and stick to the diet religiously

w5yWuij.jpg

I have this same issue first off are you taking a probiotic or digestive enzymes? I'm currently using a plant based protein powder that Costco has it has a few carbs in it but I feel this protein powder actually helps with digestion.

Another thing to possibly check is your estrogen, prolactin and progestin levels IBS is far more common in women than in men and I tend to find my IBS flares up more or so depending what type of gear I'm using and feel estrogen and prolactin tend to play a vital role in all this. There's a possibility of a sluggish thyroid which can slow down transit time in the bowels. Doctors tend to put the label of IBS on something they can't seem to figure out and yet most of them are reluctant to do a simple blood test on the thyroid and hormonal function not saying this is your case but it's something to look into.

But for now I would definitely get on a strong pro biotic, add digestive enzymes before every meal and make sure you taking in plenty of water. Been fighting this for years and also find stress levels can bring this on as well good luck to you

Bloods normal, thank you for the great advice bro

I eat fodmap as well. I use true nutrition whey isolate cold filtered, debitterized hydrolyzed whey and dymatize ISO 100.

I use the probiotic in the pic as well as NOW super enzymes. I am also prescribed dicyclomine and this helps big time. I drink a liter of kefir per day, maintain low stress levels and stick to the diet religiously

w5yWuij.jpg

Thanks bro

Thanks bro

Just check for lactose and artificial sweeteners. Sucralose doesn't bother me and neither does stevia, stay away from sugar alcohols. I had a met-rx bar on the run without thinking about it and I spent 2 1/2 days on the toilet.

Another thing that seems counterintuitive is stay away from fermented foods. I know they have prebiotics, but the insoluble fiber will do some damage. Soluble fiber should be ok. I take sugar free psyllium husk (Metamucil) before bed and have normal BMs

You'll get into a routine with foods that sit well and you'll be in good shape.

As far as powder, the only one i can tolerate is Beef. I use Dymatize Elite Primal. Never use more then 2 scoops per day though.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dymatize-Elite-Primal-Supplement-Chocolate/dp/B00HQLC6XK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418271389&sr=8-2&keywords=beef+protein+powder"]Amazon.com: Dymatize Elite Primal Diet Supplement, Chocolate, 4.1 Pound: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TWtmhX4JL.@@AMEPARAM@@51TWtmhX4JL[/ame]

Just check for lactose and artificial sweeteners. Sucralose doesn't bother me and neither does stevia, stay away from sugar alcohols. I had a met-rx bar on the run without thinking about it and I spent 2 1/2 days on the toilet.

Another thing that seems counterintuitive is stay away from fermented foods. I know they have prebiotics, but the insoluble fiber will do some damage. Soluble fiber should be ok. I take sugar free psyllium husk (Metamucil) before bed and have normal BMs

I have ibs-c no diarrhea just EXTREME BLOATING AND GAS, miralax keeps me regular

Thank you for the taking the time to give me this advice it is much appreciated sir

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity