advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the best way to learn a new language?

In all seriousness, a program like Rosetta stone or better yet taking actual courses through a school or tutor.

italki.com

You choose the language, day of the week, time of day, and how much you want to pay per session and it gives you a list of professional teachers/professors around the globe that teach you over skype.
I've done it for Greek, Spanish, and Portuguese.

My teachers cost anywhere from $7-17/hr. They send you all the study material through email and you work with them as often or little as you want.

No other way, IMO, to have a live person to speak to on a regualr basis. You can also do "informal tutoring and barter with people.....they speak to you int he language you're trying to learn and you speak to them in English while they are learning.

Being multi lingual is a huge advantage in in life not just some jobs , we were in the mall her buying my son shoes Ina store run by Egyptian immigrants. They were conversing in Arabic , basically just talking about the customers and bullshit in general.
When we got ready to check out one of them said something like "you know this redneck hates us" , I replied "if I hated you then you'd already be dead" in Arabic. Every body got quite and looked at me , the guy checking us out said he was very sorry in English and gave us a 20% discount on my sons shoes. Now every time we pass the store and they see us one of them will yel to me "hello my friend" in Arabic. I don't think they are bad people , they just take advantage of most Americans ignorance of their language , I've seen the same thing from Hispanics and Asians in our area.

Personally I feel that every cop on the street should have some basic Spanish as it's the most common in the US and it GREATLY helps cut through some bullshit , down here we have a lot of Vietnamese and I'm see situations get really ugly really fast because the immigrant refused to speak English and try to play dumb.

If you ever travel to another country I personally feel you should strive to learn enough of there language to ask directions and basic questions

You make a very solid point. No one pisses red, white and blue more than me (I know I need to get that shit checked out) - but I do think that Americans could benefit from learning other languages of the world. We tend to have a "if they don't speak English then F' em" attitude at times. English is and hopefully always will be - our official language - but it just makes sense that being able to communicate with as many people as possible is a plus.

** now I know what the middle eastern guys at the gas station are saying about me - thanks Gunsmith! I always thought learning Arabic would be extremely hard especially with the different dialects. That would be a great language to be able to understand though!

Live among the people of the language you are trying to learn. 2 years immersion in a foreign country will yield better language results, and has cultural benefits and experiences.

wifey learned German in about 6 weeks 30$ a month rosetta stone.

That is f'king awesome!
I gotta check that out.

My sister locked herself in a room one summer with old school tapes and book combo. Learned fluent Italian in 3 months, then did a Masters degree in Italian.

That is f'king awesome!
I gotta check that out.

My sister locked herself in a room one summer with old school tapes and book combo. Learned fluent Italian in 3 months, then did a Masters degree in Italian.

she said, she couldn't believe how close and similar german is
to English....

I made learning Spanish a goal for this year and was thinking about Rosetta. Is it just an app that she bought? I need to get cracka-lacking on this because I don't think I will be as quick to learn as your lady.

Edit - guess I should've read the entire thread - looks like RS is definitely the way. Being multi-lingual would give me a huge competitive advantage in my industry.

yup....you just buy 1 month blocks....

the further you go, the more in depth the teachings are....

I believe she used a groupon code too, so it was cheaper.

find a girlfriend or boyfriend who speak the language as mother touge

I have a wife that was born and raised in Romania. Trust me, that doesn't really help as much as you think. A professional teacher is a better choice or live in that country, you will learn.

I have a wife that was born and raised in Romania. Trust me, that doesn't really help as much as you think. A professional teacher is a better choice or live in that country, you will learn.

Haha really , maybe I need to spend some time living in Spain :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

American sign language would probably be the easiest second language you can learn because its based off the language you already know. And most the signs are common sense.. or catchy enough to remember.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Professional Muscle mobile app

I also say Rosetta Stone... military offered the first month free for any language you choose... when I was in Iraq I chose Arabic and later Farsi... I wanted to know some words they were yelling so I could possibly know if things were going south with people and on the other hand some were impressed and respected you were trying to speak with them in their language. One of them actually tipped me off there was an explosive device in a car nearby... ciada... pronounced see ah da... is car.... anyways yeah Rosetta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check this site out: https://fluent-forever.com/

There´s also phone apps such as Duolingo, or the ones done by Fun Easy Learn and ATI Studios all worth checking out.

Not a fan at all of rosetta stone

LOL - why is that? Or were you just looking for something to reply to so you could get to 50 posts? You've made a post every minute - so you may have the record

LOL - why is that? Or were you just looking for something to reply to so you could get to 50 posts? You've made a post every minute - so you may have the record

I was looking for something to reply to, but I have used rosetta stone and I did not like it at all, it was teaching me phrases I would never use or it would say a word in the language I was trying to learn and just have pictures I would have to choose from, it didn't tell me what the word meant, it was completely ridiculous

My lady is from the ME.... only Arabic she taught me were dirty words lol

I was looking for something to reply to, but I have used rosetta stone and I did not like it at all, it was teaching me phrases I would never use or it would say a word in the language I was trying to learn and just have pictures I would have to choose from, it didn't tell me what the word meant, it was completely ridiculous

Rosetta Stone is pretty well vetted - the military uses it.

My point was simply that "looking for something to reply to" - just so you can get access to post on the source board and slam RBB - is not what the 50 post rule is for.

Rosetta Stone is pretty well vetted - the military uses it.

My point was simply that "looking for something to reply to" - just so you can get access to post on the source board and slam RBB - is not what the 50 post rule is for.

I still gave my personal opinion that was relevant to the thread and answered the question that was asked by the OP. I don't see how my motives for posting should change anything?

And that's fine that the military used it - I did not like it at all or find that I was learning anything that would be considered relevant in a normal discussion with a native speaker. I think there were commercials a couple years back about a competitor that even pointed this out that involved answering a question with something completely wrong and irrelevant. I'll try and find it on youtube, I think it was for babel.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear