YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the hardest thing to do in the bodybuilding lifestyle for you?

This is a great post Massive and a good reminder that there is much more that goes into this sport than just gear or "How does my cycle look?" or "How much should I increase my dosages to get bigger?". Gear alone will not make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

Yes, for me, the hardest part is staying on that clean, healthy, anabolic diet.

Sure no problem DB

thank you sir. couldnt ask for more than that. i will absolutely start using that exact protocol. i have had digestion issues my whole life. and im starting to recognize more and more side effects of having poor digestion.

Last edited:
i was just thinking about this yesturday infact... as you get bigger and bigger with heavier BW's you have to eat more and more food and is a very challenging task. Especially with someone that has a fast metabolism. It gets old very quick and takes a lot of mental determantion to keep going on with it. I know a lot of times i wish i could just roll over and go to sleep or watch TV and not have to worry about cooking. But you gotta do wha you gotta do.

Definetely the eating. For me (still in school) the worst part is trying to afford all the food! IF I have it im fine I love to eat, but there are a lot of times where I cant do the things I want to do because I know I need the money for my food.

Great post G...

Just want to make sure I have this right.

Should we take your protocol below with each of our 3-4 meals or is this for the entire day?

2 tablet digestive enzymes
1 tablet Bromelain
2 tablets ginger root
2 capsules Acidolphilis (Probiotic blend is best)
1-2 tablespoons of Metamucil with protein shake or in water. (Fiber)

Thanks

One of the hardest things for me is knowing when to back off. Small injuries or colds and flu's halt progress in their tracks fast. Overtraining is a problem for me. Especially while supplementing, it seems to make everything more extreme, like putting a supercharger on a engine: Twice the potential for power but you will suck twice the gas to get it.

That has been my problem now for sometime. Glad to know Im not the only one! It seems it becomes much easier for this to happen too when you have been at it for awhile and you start to handle the heavier weights.

Thanks for sharing some of your wisdom with us, MassiveG. It is much appreciated. :)

Hardest thing for me is drinking enough water. And, I eat WAY too much salt.

Food is fairly easy for me, all meals are planned and food is bought once a week and is waiting - just gotta prepare and chow down (ok, so it gets tedious but it gets done!)
Getting enough rest and sleep is my biggest problem what with having a 20month old little boy in the house who constantly brings coughs and colds home from nursery and seems to love waking in the middle of the night to tell every1 how miserable he is!!! (haha, gotta love kids!!!)

The COOKING part most definitely. Everything else i love to do so its not a hassel.

Last edited:
Massive G

You make some excellent points but I would make one more. There are two ways to look at a "calorie is a calorie" and that is in terms of totally clean
calories. I have made the mistake of eating up to 9X a day including 2 middle of the night shakes. Every ingestion of food was completely clean but ultimately I got fat simply because I was eating too many "clean" calories.
I've now corrected that but I've learned from my mistakes and hope others
would learn from this also.

Worldspan

Massive G

You make some excellent points but I would make one more. There are two ways to look at a "calorie is a calorie" and that is in terms of totally clean
calories. I have made the mistake of eating up to 9X a day including 2 middle of the night shakes. Every ingestion of food was completely clean but ultimately I got fat simply because I was eating too many "clean" calories.

Worldspan

I did that too. It is really hard to do when you eat clean calories since the volume of food has to be so high. Feel most of the day like youre going to explode! The end results are very frustrating since you put so much effort into eating clean and still end up fat! Its easy to fall into the trap of thinking youre not growing enough because your food intake it too low. In my case I think my lack of progress was due to overtraining and not undereating.

you hit the nail on this one! I think lots of people including myself forget that eating too much of a good thing will turn into a bad thing. Maybe this would be a good insertion point for some good ol' back to basics on how to calculate your caloric needs. I am no expert on that part so maybe one of the vets would contribute. I feel like that guy in the pic all time from eating so damn much GOOD food. If i looked like that I would seek help though!

Massive G

Worldspan

Massive G

Worldspan
You make a good point there has to be some control....but my personal experience is -
I have never gotten fat eating high protein low carb and medium essential fats, I have gotten fat as a pig eating high complex carbs medium protein and lo fat same calorie ratio different metabolism for sure.
There are also people that will argue it's ok to mix carbs and fats and eat carbs after 8, 9 10 pm etc and it's fine to eat salads first with steak and potato after.
there's no way I am getting fat offa 6, 7 800 grams of complex protein a day but I'll be a fat pig offa the same amount of complex carbs.
When I say high protein I am talking about ground steak and 96 % lean veggies and EFA meals and very lo carb intake at breakfast and then pre and powo only.

Everyone needs to define their metabolism and take pieces of info from what they read on the boards. OVER eating to me is taking too many of the wrong calories at the wrong time.
And not every one can thrive and grow on a lower carb diet, some people are miserable.

I have found my hold grail is low carb as we age our glucose metabolism changes and of course suing AAS GH and slin and IGF-1 doesn't help it either so I tell the young guys all the time they may have to switch up their diets to see as they age. Eating low fat higher carb and med protien started to catch up to me as I got into my 30's.
Again it's all about where we are ate age wise and experience wise with diet training and nutrition expereince.

Great post G...

Just want to make sure I have this right.

Should we take your protocol below with each of our 3-4 meals or is this for the entire day?

2 tablet digestive enzymes
1 tablet Bromelain
2 tablets ginger root
2 capsules Acidolphilis (Probiotic blend is best)
1-2 tablespoons of Metamucil with protein shake or in water. (Fiber)

Thanks

I would start off with just trying it for 2 meals and see how you do as the HCL can be a little much in the digestive enzymes for some people so start slow and work up. Most people won't need these but for people eating large meals severla times a day and then shakes and other stuff we need to keep the food moving in and out and effeciently at that. Fiber is just once a day.

I can't believe I forgot this -year round cardio.
Shit well yes I can because it was one of the hardest things for me to do and stay on till I reaped the benefits of it.
Not catabolic cardio but cardio that keeps the metabolism stoked, appetite up, heart and CV worked blood pumping for increased recoup and a host of other benefits to helping keep the fat off.
Once I started to do the cardio instead of sitting on my big ass on my days off limiting activity so I didn't "interupt" the muscle building process I really started to progress could eat more and stay leaner and felt better (lower BP).
I know guys with fast metabolism that abhor cardio and they are missing some very good benefits mentioned above.
Again cardio isn't pleasant takes effort and is boring.
Generally I'll mix it up with 7-9 minutes of elliptical stepper and 7-9 minutes of treadmill.

I can't believe I forgot this -year round cardio.
Shit well yes I can because it was one of the hardest things for me to do and stay on till I reaped the benefits of it.
Not catabolic cardio but cardio that keeps the metabolism stoked, appetite up, heart and CV worked blood pumping for increased recoup and a host of other benefits to helping keep the fat off.
Once I started to do the cardio instead of sitting on my big ass on my days off limiting activity so I didn't "interupt" the muscle building process I really started to progress could eat more and stay leaner and felt better (lower BP).
I know guys with fast metabolism that abhor cardio and they are missing some very good benefits mentioned above.
Again cardio isn't pleasant takes effort and is boring.
Generally I'll mix it up with 7-9 minutes of elliptical stepper and 7-9 minutes of treadmill.

What kind of intensity do you suggest for cardio? I am one of those guys with a fast metabolism who always thought cardio was the devil and thus have never done it. The more I think about it, I think it is well worth it. Am I correct to presume that you mean a total of 14-18 minutes per session? Do you do it only on non-training days? Thank you again for your time.:)

What kind of intensity do you suggest for cardio? I am one of those guys with a fast metabolism who always thought cardio was the devil and thus have never done it. The more I think about it, I think it is well worth it. Am I correct to presume that you mean a total of 14-18 minutes per session? Do you do it only on non-training days? Thank you again for your time.:)

I only do it on non training days.
I may do 25 minutes total if you count the warm up and cool down but my heart rate is usually 160-170 and then down..it's just enough to get you breathing hard and heavy sweat and blood flowing not that catabolic shit where you walk or step for hours it seems. When contest dieting I never did excessive cardio sessions (time) I'd cut cals more and save the catabolism.
women have an insane ability to do cardio for hours it seems I remember training this girl and she was doing 6 hours of cardio a day and was wondering why she had no energy and was stagnant in her fat loss I was like "Shit that's a full time job you are doing on the treadmill!"

Last edited:
cooking sucks...If I had someone to make my food all day then I would be set...

biggest thing for me is the patience it takes. I think i seriously have the worst genetics for this. Either way you go it is hard for me gainning good weight loosing weight my body is just crappy at responding. It is hard when their is someone who goes at it with little to no regard for diet and what not comes out looking great and i bust my ass at the table, treadmill and the gym and look like a cancer patient or the opposite do my off day cardio, keeep my carbs fairly low one cheat a week go to the gym consistently and never see a gain. I think it has a little mental aspect to it that i have set for myself but "i keep plugging away" No matter what i would never choose another life style. i look at others how they come home after sitting on their ass all day just to sit on their ass all night watching tv and eating shit food. Example is i am a nurse so i have long hours and everyone else uses that as an excuse to eat like shit sleep like shit and not go to the gym consistenly. One girl even blew up at me because i asked her how working out was going? Her response well some of us don't have the dedication you do. This is a nurse someone that shoudl be healthy right?
wow sorry for the rant time to go to the gym

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner