over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the healthiest wine?

Lene28

Registered
I know there are some wine connoisseur on here; what is the healthiest wine to drink?

My wife loves Pinot Noir/Cab and I like White Zin. I was wondering if the darker wines are better for you? I can make my taste buds adapt if they are lol.

what exactly do you mean by "healthier"? Less sugar? More antioxidants and polyphenols? Wine is not a health supplement. Its not bad for you necessarily and it does have some good things in it.....but I wouldn't really be looking for a reason to add it to my diet

well . . .

Coming from a family that owned a vineyard, owned and operated a high-end ‘boutique’
winery in Sonoma County, my guess would be any wine in moderation (there is that word
again ;) ). But to be more specific, I think Pinot Noir contains the highest concentration
of resveratrol but it is also notoriously one of the more difficult wines to make (good).
So, red wines over white wines for ‘health’ purposes as white wines contain zero
resveratrol but also they are typically lower in alcohol, thus lower calories per serving.

Hope this answers your question.

Red over white. And in moderation. That’s about as detailed as you need to get.

Red wine, whichever one you like the most :D

Personally a fan of Italians...Sangiovese is great (love Chiantis), or some Brunello if you can afford it.

Reds. I can't tell you which one is higher in this or that but I know a glass of cab lowers my bp

Red, non alcohol wines unfortunately, but they still have antioxidant properties and have got better tasting over the years.

There is a synthetic alcohol in development called alcosyth that will be interesting to follow. Being hyped as all the good effects of alcohol, with none of the bad. Bartenders one day might be pouring alcosyth, a mixer and a flavour essence. Could be time to invest in the companies that make the essences for the home distilling market, as they could end up being the other winners apart from the alcosyth developers.

What is healthy drinking?

Serious question. How can one fit it into their diet? If it's not the effects one is avoiding (lower inhibition but also lower anxiety), is it purely it's caloric/sugar value one avoids for health?

Wine in a Box :D :D

what exactly do you mean by "healthier"? Less sugar? More antioxidants and polyphenols? Wine is not a health supplement. Its not bad for you necessarily and it does have some good things in it.....but I wouldn't really be looking for a reason to add it to my diet

Less sugar and sulfates; more antioxidants and polyphenols.

I mean the wine that will negatively effect my health the least amount.

I know there are some wine connoisseur on here; what is the healthiest wine to drink?

My wife loves Pinot Noir/Cab and I like White Zin. I was wondering if the darker wines are better for you? I can make my taste buds adapt if they are lol.

Tequila 🍋

Red wine is healthier, per say, but due to the sulfites etc in it, if you drink a lot it will give you a bad hangover. White wine does not have the same health benefits, but it's on the bottom of the list for causing a hangover.

In my humble opinion, one can safely drink 3-4 glasses of red wine and it can be considered within healthy range.

I have had issues with alcohol in the past, drinking 6-9 glasses of wine per day one day and 7-10 vodkas the next, and had to put down the drink for a while. Not excessive by a full blown alcoholics standards, but anything over 3 drinks per night, really takes away from training etc.

I love to drink through. It's shame it causes so many issues.

Last edited:
All of them.

In all seriousness I love red wine. However I have noticed even a couple glasses a day can completely stop fat loss at my age now (almost 40).

Coming from a family that owned a vineyard, owned and operated a high-end ‘boutique’
winery in Sonoma County, my guess would be any wine in moderation (there is that word
again ;) ). But to be more specific, I think Pinot Noir contains the highest concentration
of resveratrol but it is also notoriously one of the more difficult wines to make (good).
So, red wines over white wines for ‘health’ purposes as white wines contain zero
resveratrol but also they are typically lower in alcohol, thus lower calories per serving.

Spot on.pinot noir 1st.then cabs after that

Right on. Pinot noir is typically my wine of choice

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear