over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what is the lowest bf...

cal

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
you guys maintain while trying to still gain muscle...i used to bulk and ...really taking all those extra cals was simply a waste...

getting down to 6% is not that hard for me...without gear...what would be reasonable bf % for someone that is trying...gain while on gear...what i mean to say is when is the bf so low that it will significantly hinder gains...in the past i used to say...10% but it seems that one can be much much lower in bf and still gain quality mass...

when getting down to 6% i do cardio 3 times a week...for 20 minutes a session...

Everyone's different. Look at the 02 World's Strongest Man. Pudjenowski was ripped at 275lb which should tell ya something. It seems to be the new trend to stay at 8-10%bf during the offseason. If you are really getting down to 6%, this is extremely lean as people are in great shape that compete at 3-4%.

OK

6% is to lean for anybody to gain muscle,,,,Id say stay anywhere from 10-12% and youll be just fine as long as you are taking the right supplements,,,,,,,,as long as your body has enuff carbs to replenish your muscles throughout the day and after a hard workout then thats all the carbs youll need so stay intune with your body and make sure you know exactly where its at and youll be fine even at 10%.

I stay lean all year long and seem to be doing alright.

Vander,
What is your bw, bf etc...ht in that photo?

thanks...

Cal

I think my BF was about 10% , Im 5'9 , 230lbs.

for some reason i got the impression that you were lower bf from that pic though its not easy to tell with your pic...

i have noticed...hope im not stating the too obvious but that you take one guy at 230 at 10 percent and another guy at some ht bone structure etc...at say 170...the guy at 230 actually looks a lot more ripped...

pretty dramatic difference...

cal said:
for some reason i got the impression that you were lower bf from that pic though its not easy to tell with your pic...

Yes, just from looks alone, you look way under 10%.
Id say 6% or so.

nah

im about 10% and ill be posting some pics of me at 6% in a couple of days. youll se the difference

Exactly! People tend to way underestimate their b/f %. When a person is really 8%bf, they are what most people would call ripped. At 4%, then that's what people call "peeled". All together class, "P.......E........ (I know, I do say some gayball things MOST of the time)

I have to say that you look leaner than 10% but I also gather from your posts that you control any water retention problems that you may have really well. Most of the pics that we've seen are for shoots so your going to look lean regardless. Not to imply that your not, lol I have a severe problem with water retention naturally for some reason. Last time I dieted for a tryout I got pretty lean with no supplements, down to alittle under 6%. And was holding water something fierce. I was lean and hard but had alot of water and I didn't notice this until they took photos for the tryout. I know there's supplement sto help control water retention, but hows your food intake. Inregards to controling it? Do you boil and strictly bake food, stay away from things that contain sodium or are you just lucky. Thanks

Re: OK

m not the best example but i also stay lean all year and gain mass, i stay from 5.5-9% all year and get heavier/stronger, i will admit its harder to gain mass/strength being so strict but its better then geting a 50:50 ratio of fat msucle then trying to diet off the 50% fat i gained during the bulk, so im all about clean bulks only now

Damn, if Vander is at 10% WTF am I??:( LOL You have some very good cuts and your muscle maturity is awesome. If thats 10 than I need to re think my percentages.:(

bf

thats the thing about BF % everbody is shooting for less ,,, make sure you have a very accurate bf test and re test 3 times then make you evaluation take the high low and middle and ecumilate your results.

personally i eat alot of cheat meals which i do not recomend for most, but my body needs the extra carbs sugars fats ect , i burn as fast as when i was 17.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws