YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the maximum fat that your body can gain per day?

Alex30

Registered
What is true about the maximum amount of fat your body can gain in one day? I had read about this .. and I understood that there is a maximum .. about 200g + a day of fat (2000kcal) the rest is not assimilated?
Example.. if your mainetance is 3500kcal per day.. and you eat 8000, the rest 4500 you will acumulate in fat?

There is no one size fits all answer. Each person is different and each person's answer would change day to day/month to month as well.

It seems to be the calorie balance over time. I eat 5,000-8,000 every Saturday but spend the rest of the week 2,500-2,7000. When I track my calories my average for the week is always around ~3,200 and it keeps me at maintenance and I’m quite certainly losing fat.

That’s not really the heart of your question of course so it may help to look at a mite extreme challenge. I did a 15,000 calorie challenge and returned to my normal calories the next day. The week I did that it did take me longer to shed the weight and I stayed up a full 1-2 pounds. It seems some fat weight actually “stuck” beyond just water weight.

that’s the worst I’ve ever personally encountered. I think what would be interesting is to see someone already eating in a surplus and then have them do a 10-15k day. I’d guess that keep a little more on.

I believe Jeff Nippard had a video where he tried to calculate how much body fat you'd gain from a 20k calorie cheat day (after a week of dieting) and the result was pretty close to zero. I think you'd have to substantially overeat for a few days to start putting on noticeable fat. This depends so much on individual metabolism, how depleted you are beforehand, the macros, lots of variables to take into account...

My guess is that a hypercaloric day like that won't significantly increase body fat for you, but I imagine it could certainly slow progress if done too frequently.

If you banged in 20,000 calories after being glycogen depleted I would think maybe zero.

But if you're eating a decent amount anyway and not depleted and then you slam down 20,000 in one day, you're gonna hold more than 1lb fat I'd think.. So yes in OP question it should be 1lb fat but only if you're totally full of glycogen and don't expend the extra calories ..

You can add 20-30lbs in a day how much of it you retain depends on what you do after that

Highly dependent on the individual.

Layne Norton has talked about how with genetic lean individuals, there is a tendency for the metabolism to elevate and burn off excess calories above maintenance - but with people who tend to be on the fatter side, any excess is immediately stored as body fat.

Of course, as others have mentioned, glycogen stores will come into play here - if you are depleted, you won't be converting carbohydrates to fat (which rarely happens anyways).

On the flip side, if you have been dieting for a long period of time, your body will be more primed to store fat so you have to be careful about huge cheat days during diets - there is a reason people slowly increase calories (ie reverse diet).

As far as a daily limit, part of that has to do with digestion. Unfortunately, high amounts of dietary fat can just sit in the intestines and move very slowly until all has been absorbed. So usually, unless you are doing extremely insane things with the amount and types of food you are eating, most all of those calories will be absorbed. And once absorbed, there's really only two options: burn or store. I don't think it's possible to simply "piss them out" as some people claim. If your metabolism doesn't rise up and burn them off, they will get stored (usually as body fat).

My guess? Let's say you have three extra large pizzas, three bounds of bacon, a jar of peanut butter, a dozen donuts, and a few beers and sodas. Let's call that 30,000 calories. You absorb most of it. Your body only elevates and burns around 4-5k. So let's say you have 25k excess. But this absorbs in your intestines over a two day period. So over two to three days, you gain about 5-7lbs of fat.

Pretty insane, but I think it's possible under the right conditions.

I know on cheat days ive got the shits, I wonder what this means? does it mean the food is going through faster and can't be stored, or would it be stored at the same rate? If you fuck up your digestion is it preventing it from being stored?

I wrestled for years I have seen guys under 200lbs add 30lbs in 24 hours
We had a guy weigh in at 140 on Friday and 170 on Monday

We’re talking about FAT GAIN... We both know that’s not what that is... Virtually every single person making weight for a fight goes into the weigh ins absolutely depleted, of course you’re going to gain back water weight and glycogen over the course of a day to a few days when you’re literally dehydrated and depleted of everything to make 170lbs..

I had a buddy who would fight 155lbs and by the next day he was in the 180’s.. Its very common to get within a few pounds of walk around weight once a guy has hydrated and eaten normally for 24+ hours..

I wrestled for years I have seen guys under 200lbs add 30lbs in 24 hours
That is just water and carbs. My first show I weighted in at 172. The next morning on the same scale I was 191. So 19 pounds in about in 14 hours. And I didn't even pig out and stuff myself or get uncomfortable. for 30 years I have recommended having one big pig out meal as opposed to eating smaller amounts daily. As that one big meal adds about zero weight when they check their weight a few days later. the body only produces a given amount of enzymes from what I have seen and takes a while to gear up to digesting more food on a daily basis.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131