over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the most impressive thing......

|--[\\\]>--------- Most amazing thing i've seen is the sheer stupidity displayed by the moron i posted about a couple of days ago...LOL!

2nd place: JBK doing skull crushers on an ez curl bar with 2 45's on each side for reps...fucking WOPS!

3rd place: i was visiting a Power House gym in Chi-town years back, maybe 98...anyways, there was this guy doing chins with 2 45's strapped to his waist for reps, then he got down and handed the belt with the 2 45's to his wife and she proceeded to do chins with that weight and did just as many reps...and YES..i DID check to see if it was really a girl...it was....that was the day i realized i had no hope....

Most amazing thing I ever saw was when I was working out with my wife at the gym.

I got done doing some chins then my wife did then this guy comes over and looks down my wifes shorts.

Weirdest thing I EVER saw. :eek:

squatter said:
Mark Philipi deadlifting 585 on a 2" non-revolving bar for 18 reps with plenty of gas left.

jon andersen squatting 500 for 23 reps and 405 for 40

zudrunus zavikas clean and STRICT pressing the 366 apolon axle for 4 reps. maybe it was 5 reps. anyways, amazing!

squatter

Honestly Ive spotted Johnny Bravo (board member here) smith machine squatting about parallel 405x40/495x30/585x20. He is 5'9" 230lb.

There is a guy at our gym named Kirk Kawalski, Ive known him about 15yrs.
Has a 1000lb squat, one of the first guys ever to do it. He is doing a raw meet
soon at 242lbs and hopes to squat up toward 900.

kirk is not just one of the first, he is the first to break a grand. I used to have his posted hanging in my garage gym when i was a kid. the first powerlifting USA mag I ever read had a feature on him in it. I've always been a fan of cap't kirk.

Squat Ass squatted 225 for 20 @ 140 BW.

squatter

i didn not witness this so...

but a guy at my gym ...really fat guy...supposedly did 7 plates on front squat...

Craig Munson

xcelbeyond said:
This was probably the summer of 83 or 84, in Venice Beach, CA. I had to go workout at the Pig Pen down at the beach. Most of the guys in there were like me - built well (lean and muscular) but not real big (this was still pre-gear for me - so I wasn't very big but pretty ripped).

It was really kind of fun - kinda like being in a circus. There must have been over 100 people surrounding the cage, 2 an 3 people deep. People constantly taking pics of everyone (including me?!?!). Now I know what you mean 'bout the cage Ivan - LOL

Now there was this BIG, HUGE (TONS of VEINS) black guy there - maybe someone here will know his name. He laid down to do bench press with a towel on his chest. He did like 475 for 10 reps - it may have more or less, I was simply in awe! You gotta remember the year here. I had NEVER SEEN anyone do that much weight (even at local BP contests), let alone bang out reps. This guy got up off the bench and did a most muscular that sent the crowd into a frenzy!

I later read in a magazine about a Venice Beach local legend called Marvin, I think (that's the best I can remember anyways). I remember this event as I parked a couple of blocks from the beach and got in the trunk to take my "handful" of supplements. Someone broke into my trunk or at least MANGLED my trunk and lock to where it needed repair (didn't actually get it open) just to steal my supplements (propably thought it was AAS) - LOL

xcel

I'm pretty sure you are talking about Craig Munson. They used to call him "The awesome one" he trained at the venice weight pit in the mid 80's every Sunday. He was 5'11 295 and ripped. I belive he did the Orange county show in 87? I've seen him do collar to collar grip bench press with 545 for 6-7 reps for a few supersets with wide grip chins for 20 reps. He did 225 for pretty strict barbell curls, 3 plates for lying tri extensions. I remember him doing one hand over the head dumbell extensions with the 100 lber for over 20 reps talking shit to the people taking pictures the whole time smiling his ass off. He could play basketball like a demon too, unbeliveable athlete. He would dunk every time he had the ball and just hang there from the rim by those tree trunks he called arms. I thought he was more impressive than any pro that was out there at the time. I wonder what ever happened to him?

squatter said:
kirk is not just one of the first, he is the first to break a grand. I used to have his posted hanging in my garage gym when i was a kid. the first powerlifting USA mag I ever read had a feature on him in it. I've always been a fan of cap't kirk.

Squat Ass squatted 225 for 20 @ 140 BW.

squatter

Yes I knew Kirk had some sort of huge record, so that must be it. I talk to him alot, he is actually ripped but thick in the middle (not fat)-otherwise he could BB easily.

I posted this before sometime ago, more funny than anything but still amazing. Working out in college with my football team. One of the LB's always benched funny, like coming up on a slant. He wanted to see what his max was at the time, he had like 345 or something on the bar, may have only been 315. Anyhow there's guys standing at both ends spotting him instead of behind him. The bar leans one wayand all the weights come flying off and then slams in the other direction. when it slammed in the other directino the kid standing on the end with no plates on it got popped right in the chin with the end of the barbell. Split his chin open and blew some teeth right out of his mouth. I don't think I've ever seen more blood. :eek:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear