over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the most impressive thing......

Iabadman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What is the most impressive thing......

that you have ever seen in the gym? The craziest thing that I have seen in the gym were a feat equaled by two people. First person was a guy from here in sacramento that was just a local bodybuilder named Paul Morrison .He was about 6 foot very muscular upperbody [ bad over all genetics] about 240-250 [ and had to use some crazy dosages just to maintain that].Well I came home from college saying I was one of the strongest dbs to ever play college football and thinking I was tough I challanged him to a workout [ oh to be 20 and stupid again. LOL!] This guy said ok lets hit some chest.I said cool[ thinking I would at least be able hang beacuase I was benching 465]I warmed up with 225 and waited for him to follow me. He said naw , I will pass .We jumped to 315 I think I did like 15 and so did he. So I figure fuck this guy , time to leave him in the dust and jump to 405 and I get 5-6 reps with a smile. He gives me a wink .....And proceeds to rep out 405 22 times. I was in awe... I had never seen anything close to that ever. I ended up hitting 425 for 4 with my tail between my legs, while he honestly did 585 for 5 .[ this was 90, with no shirt , he said his best was 647 for a guy that would been a 242 pounder ,he would have easily had the WR ] He proceeded to go over to the incline bench and hit 495 for 6 as well , while 335 was tough for me. Needless to say ,I got my ass handed to me that day . The sad thing is Paul got set up ,and busted shortly after this and never went back to show the world his incredible strength[ by a guy that still competes nationally to this day]
The time I witnessed this feat done, I was at my biggest and strongest [ I was 290 , training with Jason Muller who was 311 at the time. We thought we were bad . We had been to Venice many times and out trained many of pros . I was doing a 535 bench , 495 bent rows , 725 for 5-6 squats and deading 765 for 2 . Muller was close or better on just about everything . So we thought we were pretty phuking strong.] One day this guy named John Schuler comes in sayes he is this and that ,and we call bullshit . he sayes ok wise guys ,whats the best you have ever seen in the gym ? I tell him the Paul story .....he doesn't say shit and just proceeds to match every thing Paul had done 5 years prior, plus one rep. I was shocked.......... He was about 5'9 290 [ did his first show at 255] He said his best bench raw was 675. And after that display I believed him.......Amazing....punked again , so now I have learned to just shut my mouth......LOL! On a sad note John is doing 20 years fed time for GHB and juice and he had just competed medical school.......What a waste.....Now what have you guys seen ?.......There has got to be some goood stories out there.....

Last edited:
We had this new asian doctor in my small home town. He was kind of a pain in the ass to train around. He always through his weights around, made a shit load of noise, got chalk everywhere, but rarely lifted anything heavy. We were all kind of pissing and moaning about the guy. Mind you he had to be around 50-55, barely spoke english and if he went 140 i'd be suprised. We were doing deads with 315, one of the guys asked if he could do it. Instead of doing a dead he walks over, chalks the fuck out of the bar. Squeals some Ninja shit as load as he can, and snatches 315 right over his head with perfect form. Sets it down gently and busts out 10 stiff legged deads. I stopped complaining about him.

This was probably the summer of 83 or 84, in Venice Beach, CA. I had to go workout at the Pig Pen down at the beach. Most of the guys in there were like me - built well (lean and muscular) but not real big (this was still pre-gear for me - so I wasn't very big but pretty ripped).

It was really kind of fun - kinda like being in a circus. There must have been over 100 people surrounding the cage, 2 an 3 people deep. People constantly taking pics of everyone (including me?!?!). Now I know what you mean 'bout the cage Ivan - LOL

Now there was this BIG, HUGE (TONS of VEINS) black guy there - maybe someone here will know his name. He laid down to do bench press with a towel on his chest. He did like 475 for 10 reps - it may have more or less, I was simply in awe! You gotta remember the year here. I had NEVER SEEN anyone do that much weight (even at local BP contests), let alone bang out reps. This guy got up off the bench and did a most muscular that sent the crowd into a frenzy!

I later read in a magazine about a Venice Beach local legend called Marvin, I think (that's the best I can remember anyways). I remember this event as I parked a couple of blocks from the beach and got in the trunk to take my "handful" of supplements. Someone broke into my trunk or at least MANGLED my trunk and lock to where it needed repair (didn't actually get it open) just to steal my supplements (propably thought it was AAS) - LOL

xcel

Last edited:
prolly the craziest thing is when i saw steve kerit world strong man doing squats on smith machine with so much weight that the weights were fallen off...i think he has 2, 100 plates on each side an the rest were 45 plates ....

Wow I would love to see some of those weights you guys mentio in the above stories. While I have nothing close to that this was impressive to me.
At the olympia this year pinnacle had a little pull up contest which I tried, did like 22 not even close to the record but I got a shirt so I was happy. My girl at the time (the gymnast in my old avatar) decided to try and she hopped up there and did 35 chins like it was NOTHING she just did 35 and stopped. Seriously she did not slow down. I wouldn't be surprised if she could hit 50. She hops off and they gave her the little kits with the protein and all kinds of pills and a shirt. lol I still have the little kit. Im sure you guys have seen people do lots of chins but a girl doing 35 like nothing was pretty amazing to me.

In college this guy Sean was banned from the local gym,as the owner put it "for bending all my shit" he actually bent all the equipment. Once saw him clean 405 sit on the end of a bench and start pressing behind the neck! They had a local strength competition a lot of the football team players were puttin up some big numbers on bench ,don't remember the winning weight but after the guy who won got his trophy Sean shows up..... proceeds to lay down on the bench and does the winning weight reverse grip! then walks off....strongest MF I have ever seen. God rest his soul...I heard insulin got him:(

well, one time i took a serious ego blow by a guy that i out weighted by 100 pounds..i was in my gym doing back.. i have always been a very good chinner and would challenge guys all the time to try to take their money...considering at the time i was 250 pounds, most thought that i could not chin.. well, one day the challenge was thrown at me by a member of the gym who did not believe the stories..i bet him 5 dollars a chin for anything over 15 reps.. these had to be full chins from full extension to full contraction.. i did 26 chins and made some good money.. i used to be able to do alot more but, that was before the added bulk..fat.. whatever...this black guy named maurice who just got out of jail was working out at the gym.. he was about 180 lbs and built like a brick shit house.. the absolute tiniest waist a have ever seen and absolutely no bodyfat.. in a matter of a few months he could have taken about any show he wanted.. the biggest genetic freak i have witnessed up close.. he had all muscle groups in place and looked to weigh more than he did..he came over to me and really started to kiss my ass.. he told me that i had to be the strongest guy he had seen ect ect.. blah blah.. well, i was feeling pretty good about myself and as we were talking he said he would like to workout together some time.. i said tomorrow i am doing chest and he was more than welcome to join me.. the next day he showed up and we started to warm up.. now, i never bench press. i feel that it is worthless for me and did nothing but give me shoulder problems.. plus, i could never handle much weight in it.. but, since he liked the bench, i would do them.. it had been about 5 years since i benched.. but, i figured that at 250 pounds , i would be able to still get some good weight up..we started to warmup and i did 135 for 15.. he did the same..i did 225 pounds for 15.. he did the same..i went to 315 and did 10 reps.. he did the same.. now, i am shitting a brick and not at all happy...i put 365 on the bench and got 5 reps..i was done at that weight.. he got under the bench and got 6 reps.. he then went to 405 and got 1 really clean rep..we went back down to 315 to get some reps..my ego, now barely intact, was going to get even worse..we went to do some slight incline db presses..i went for the 90's and popped 10 reps going all the way down.. he did too.. now, as tears start to well up in my eyes.. we went to 110 pounds.. now i get 8 and it is all i can do to get them..he gets 10...perfect reps..iam now being showed up by a guy who weighs 100 pounds less than me..all the while he is still kissing my ass with compliments galore..which only adds to the humilation...so, i can kick his ass in back training and he can kick mine in chest training...that makes us even right ? please say yes... :(

hahaha LATS you wish!! Not even close man I would say youre done bodybuilding

mwoaha :D

yes LATS, Maurice was definately a character! I think he was a spitting image of Melvin Anthony appearance wise. Small waist, muscle bellies fuller thatn hell!:eek: FREAK!

TH

yeah, the phucker made me sick.. he ate twice a day and drank like a fish too.. did two hour workouts and dozens of sets.. drank a blue thunder grink at the end of his workout and then would go drinking th rest of the day..oh yeah, maybe a pizza..bastard:rolleyes:

you should talk you a$$! You are as wide as you are tall!:mad:

TH

yeah.. the god lord has blessed me with shoulder and back width.. then turned around and gave me a baby dick..genetics are a funny thing...:mad:

LATS said:
yeah.. the god lord has blessed me with shoulder and back width.. then turned around and gave me a baby dick..genetics are a funny thing...:mad:
You think those are bad genetics - I've got narrow shoulders and back AND a small pee-pee!

xcel

yeah excel, well at least your symettrical lol ;)

I would have to say when I was 16, I watched a 43 year old man lay under 535 and rep it out 3 times. HE was a huge Italian to me at 16 6'0" 210lb was huge, but this guy was 6'4" about 280ish....and this was back in 1990 NOt the typical thick belly powerlifter. HE had shape and good round muscle bellys.

seeing a dude bench press 495x12 with just a liftoff!

The most impressive thing ive ever seen in all of my days of the gym was when my friend puked all over the squatt rack setting off a chain reaction of puking i smelled the puke and began to vomit almost it th same spot AHHAHAAHAHA the entire gym starred and was in complete amazment i had my hands on my knees barf commimg outta my nose laughing my ass off simply a memorable time ill never forget now thats impressive :D

EVERYONE OF THOSE STORIES WERE GREAT!!

I AM JUST SITTING HERE LAUGHING AND LAUGHING! I CAN'T POST ONE THAT RIVALS ONE OF THOSE OR I WOULD! IT DOESN'T KEEP ME FROM ENJOYING THEM THOUGH........JUST GREAT. :D

omg!!

Vander_V said:
The most impressive thing ive ever seen in all of my days of the gym was when my friend puked all over the squatt rack setting off a chain reaction of puking i smelled the puke and began to vomit almost it th same spot AHHAHAAHAHA the entire gym starred and was in complete amazment i had my hands on my knees barf commimg outta my nose laughing my ass off simply a memorable time ill never forget now thats impressive :D

ahahhahahah!!! no way! you always like to join in on the fun :D

Mark Philipi deadlifting 585 on a 2" non-revolving bar for 18 reps with plenty of gas left.

jon andersen squatting 500 for 23 reps and 405 for 40

zudrunus zavikas clean and STRICT pressing the 366 apolon axle for 4 reps. maybe it was 5 reps. anyways, amazing!

squatter

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner