advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the number 1 limiting factor of fatloss?

What is the number 1 limiting factor of fatloss?

• Training

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Genetics

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Diet

Votes: 69 86.3%
  • Recovery

• Drugs

• Total voters

275bills

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Same question but for fatloss?

Some people have the ability to lose fat alot quicker then others so

Same question but for fatloss?

Some people have the ability to lose fat alot quicker then others so
Diet and the amount of muscle mass your carrying(more muscle=higher daily calorie expenditure) are going to be the two biggest factors in how fast you lose weight. Natural metabolism can give some people an easier time, but you can train your metabolism too

Adherence. How long can you tolerate being hungry, tired and maybe weaker?
It's a big part of it. How well you can take the lower calories. While thyroid levels can increase fatloss, doing the work necessary to raise your metabolism, whether it's two, three or four times a day, even a twenty minute walk or mirror boxing session will up metabolism at times though out the day when it can be beneficial

Diet. Although like most questions of this nature there are 101 variables and the answer can change in many ways. Some people have much better genetics than others but fat loss is fat loss. Obviously genetically some people lose fat much faster/easier than others and for them they could lose loads of fat whilst not adhering to a "good" diet. Others are the complete opposite. Others respond differently to various drugs and adding certain ones could produce amazing results. Some guys have terrible genetics and even with everything in place it will be an uphill battle. Then you have guys with certain issues (severe sleep apnea for example) effecting recovery so that could have a massive impact on overall results.

So the answer for many is they need all elements in place for optimal results. Someone could be eating 80% but doing 3 hours of cardio and they enjoy cardio and they lose more fat than someone on a perfect diet. When you add in the likes of dnp that massively impacts fat loss so many could use it to lose more fat even when other things are subpar. A guy with everything in place will always get better results. It can go every way and questions like this are never black/white but at the end of the day I would always state your diet adherence will be the most important factor in regards to fatloss.

Adherence to diet (caloric deficit and protein requirements)
Consistent weight training
Cortisol control (mainly getting enough sleep)

If #1 and #2 are dialed in, then #3 could be the limiting factor. If your cortisol level is high, you will still lose the same amount of weight - but it will be mostly muscle, rather than fat. I think it's often overlooked.

Adherence. How long can you tolerate being hungry, tired and maybe weaker?
Your mind
Mental fortitude, Dr. Scott Stevenson talks about this. You have to have the mental fortitude to adhere to a strict diet while in a state of deprivation and maintain intensity in the gym. Too many variables here; training, diet, recovery, drugs and even genetics can be limited by your mental fortitude to adhere to any of them. One summer I got down to 9% bodyfat while maintaining a body weight of 215lbs at 5'10" with no gym time. I worked for an excavating company driving a class A lowboy tractor trailer hauling all the heavy equipment around from site to site. Very long hours, all that I did was worked, adhered to a strict diet ( I could eat all day anytime I wanted in the cab of the truck), was in and out of the truck all day throwing heavy chains and binders to tie down the heavy equipment to the lowboy. I worked, slept, and ate; drugs used that effect fat loss were Tren, Mast, Test, T3 and some clen. With zero gym time what was it? I had to stop somewhere mid summer because I was only getting 3-3.5 hours of sleep a night and that was most likely from the Tren (350mg/wk). I was a walking zombie, not good while operating a vehicle that could weigh up to 175,000lbs on the roads. If I could have gone longer how much lower would my fat loss have gotten to? I could have gone longer with mental fortitude to push myself longer through the hate; but too dangerous to do it, I needed sleep. Went cold turkey with the drugs and allowed my sleep to improve and was able to keep my BF at 10%. Got back into the gym heading into winter when the construction season was winding down. So what was it? To me it all ties back to what's your mental fortitude to effectively use anyone of the fat loss modalities listed.

Nutrition -
No matter a person's level of knowledge, level of exercise(or even just a walker), genetic barriers, and even age. If we are talking about loss of body fat, the correct nutritional application will get any person leaner

I said genetics and this is an extreme and horrific example which I debated using but it does support my vote.

WWII

I have seen photographic proof of prisoners of war, civilians and military personal alike, those who did survive the forced labor and an inadequate diet, the photos show them being literally skin and bones, but some, not all, still had some belly fat while the rest of them looked like skeletons.

I said genetics and this is an extreme and horrific example which I debated using but it does support my vote.

WWII

I have seen photographic proof of prisoners of war, civilians and military personal alike, those who did survive the forced labor and an inadequate diet, the photos show them being literally skin and bones, but some, not all, still had some belly fat while the rest of them looked like skeletons.
Agreed, we're conditioned/trained to say and think diet, but I would say genetics is the biggest factor with regulating fat loss

Hands down it is diet. It is amazing how powerful diet is. A solid diet plan allows you to use less anabolics/PED's and achieve better results. Instead of throwing more tren or mast at your fat loss goals, simply eat less and add an hour of low impact cardio.

It is my experience that people tend to over estimate their caloric needs and further overestimate the "muscle loss" that occurs from a colorie deficit. The latter is why you use anabolics.

WWII

I have seen photographic proof of prisoners of war, civilians and military personal alike, those who did survive the forced labor and an inadequate diet, the photos show them being literally skin and bones, but some, not all, still had some belly fat while the rest of them looked like skeletons
I thought about that as well but I've only seen upper pubic fat still existing, not actual abdominal fat. We also don't know length of time imprisoned compared to others in the photos.
I think that's more attributed to evolutionary protection of the sex organs to propagate the species and given enough time, that last evolutionary hold out would ultimately dissipate, too.

It's both genetics and diet

Some guys have genetics that guarantees them a six pack no matter how crappy their diet and how sedentary their lifestyle

But anyone, no matter how shitty their genetics, can get lean if they stick to a proper diet

And for most people, diet is going to be the factor that matters most

WWII

Yes but if they dieted on a high protein diet they wouldn't have ended up looking that way

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131