over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is Tribulus

emeric delczeg

IFBB PRO / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
Tribulus terrestris(L), puncture vine or small caltrops, belongs to the Zygophyllacee family. It is a 10-60 cm(10-24 inch), high annual herb, with pinnate leaves and yellow flowers. The plant can be found in arid climate regions around the world; for example, in southern USA, Mexico, Spain, Bulgaria, India,and China. The fruits and seeds are of great importance in oriental medicine becouse they are used as an aphrodisiac, diuretic and anthelmintic, as well as to treat coughs and kidney failure.

Previous publications on T.terrestris have reported the isolation of several steroidal saponins, Protodioscin and Protogracillin, Protodioscin the most dominant,as well as alkaloids and flavonoids. Pharmacological studies have shown that saponins are responsible for some of the pharmacological activities of the plant. It has been reported that they stimulate SPERMATOGENESIS, INCREASE THE ACTIVITY OF STERTOLI CELLS, DECREASE URINARY OXALATE, EXCRETION, AND REDUCE THE ACTIVITY OF LIVER ENZYMES SUCH AS GLYCOLATE OXIDASE AND GLAYCOLATE DEHYDROGENASE.

I have a buddy who mega dosed tribulus and got worse gyno than on test. I always thought trib didnt convert to estro, thats why women can take it but seems like it can convert pretty well.

Whats odd is im on hrt and even on a cycle with proviron if I add trib I get an increased sex drive.

Man this product has taken a beating lately....this is not a product to make you Mr. O but it may make you Mr. O in the sack if your down on your luck lately. As mentioned this product does not act as test or any other steroid. What it does though is if your having issues with maintaining an erection or your sperm/volume is low it will increase all three. It also help many other concerns but making you have a higher test level is not one of them unless your below normal. My thoughts are this if your over 40 and you do not want to take TRT and your test count is low it will help normalize your test levels....if you use this product for the right reason it workes wonders but if you buy into the hype of what supplements companies tell you then you should also look into Muscle Tech....

I figured tribulus helps up free test and that is the cause of the increased sex drive.

in all the studies i've seen it does nothing. i tried twinlabs tribulus a long time ago after some prohormones and i don't think i recovered any faster than usual.

here's the problem with the claims. they say it helps your recovery after you've been suppressed(from aas). but, if we took nothing we would recover. so how do you test that? most drugs that help us recover(ai, serm) have a testosterone boosting(increased test,LH,FSH) effect even if we're not suppressed. tribulus doesn't.

these claims are all unfounded. i think its mostly placebo effect. but hey, if it works for you. go to it.

in all the studies i've seen it does nothing. i tried twinlabs tribulus a long time ago after some prohormones and i don't think i recovered any faster than usual.

here's the problem with the claims. they say it helps your recovery after you've been suppressed(from aas). but, if we took nothing we would recover. so how do you test that? most drugs that help us recover(ai, serm) have a testosterone boosting(increased test,LH,FSH) effect even if we're not suppressed. tribulus doesn't.

these claims are all unfounded. i think its mostly placebo effect. but hey, if it works for you. go to it.

I agree, back in 01 when I tried PH's for the 1st time there wasnt any PCT stuff but tribulus so thats what I ran and think thats probably why im on HRT today. I dont see how a natural test booster can recover LH and FSH hormones like something like nolvadex and clomid can.

Man this product has taken a beating lately....this is not a product to make you Mr. O but it may make you Mr. O in the sack if your down on your luck lately. As mentioned this product does not act as test or any other steroid. What it does though is if your having issues with maintaining an erection or your sperm/volume is low it will increase all three. It also help many other concerns but making you have a higher test level is not one of them unless your below normal. My thoughts are this if your over 40 and you do not want to take TRT and your test count is low it will help normalize your test levels....if you use this product for the right reason it workes wonders but if you buy into the hype of what supplements companies tell you then you should also look into Muscle Tech....

Yes.

To better understand why some Tribulus extract works and some don`t is because are to many different Tribulus extract on the market.

The best is the one extracted from the leave, next is from the stem, than from the fruit and the worst from the root. The leave extract is the most expensive over $500 per kg, the root extrac is the cheapest for $30 per kg.

In 2000 several different samples from Bulgaria, India,and China were analyzed, the samples were separated according to specific plants parts (leaves, fruits,stems and root). The results of this study shows and reflect the substantial diversity among the samples. The result where publised online 22 October 2001;DO1 10.1002/jps.1124

To better understand why some Tribulus extract works and some don`t is because are to many different Tribulus extract on the market.

The best is the one extracted from the leave, next is from the stem, than from the fruit and the worst from the root. The leave extract is the most expensive over $500 per kg, the root extrac is the cheapest for $30 per kg.

In 2000 several different samples from Bulgaria, India,and China were analyzed, the samples were separated according to specific plants parts (leaves, fruits,stems and root). The results of this study shows and reflect the substantial diversity among the samples. The result where publised online 22 October 2001;DO1 10.1002/jps.1124

Thanx Emeric, that's good info.

Also, apparently Tribulus Alatus is more potent than Tribulus Terrestris.

At least according to a recent study it is, anyway...

You are correct! And I will not take it any further.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws