over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is with this FLU

Tough Old Man

Kilo Klub Member
On Fri the 8th I come down with the flu. It last a whooping 8 straight days ending Sat the 16th. Then this past Tues bingo I have it again. I saw my Dr this past Wed and was running a temp of 101. She informed me that 40% of the people getting this bug was getting it a 2nd time within 2 weeks and the duration of the first was lasting anywhere from 6 to 11 days. Man This is my first time up since Tues and I'm so weak I'm heading back to bed right now. I have lost 13 lbs in the past 2 1/2 weeks. Just can't eat. Have a hard time just drinking any fluids.

Yup.......I had it 3x between Thansgiving and Xmas. I finally got on antibiotics and so far it has not come back. i hadn't been sick in 5 years before this.

hey can you guys describe your symptoms...i am on day 8 of the worst sick i been in long time! hoping it just flu...damn! started with a little ache, the worst sore throat ever that even with amox last 5 days, uncontrollable shivers ever so often, and just wanted to sleep all the time and nasty headaches

Had it twice, cost me over $2000, missed four weeks of work plus two Dr. tripps. Do not stop taking antibiotics till gone

Well, if antibiotics are working then its not the flu since the flu is a virus. So it must be some sort of really bad bacterial infection. Wonder if its strep? Did you get tested for Strep?

Well, if antibiotics are working then its not the flu since the flu is a virus. So it must be some sort of really bad bacterial infection. Wonder if its strep? Did you get tested for Strep?

I dated a girl for many years whose mother was a pathologist. I learned a lot because I'm always asking people like that questions.

When the body is fighting a virus, it is VERY common for there to be a secondary bacterial infection going on, almost normal. The antibiotics take care of the bacterial infection, freeing up more immune resources for fighting the virus.

This is why a doctor will prescribe antibiotics to a viral infection if he sees there is a secondary bacterial infection. The problem is, many doctors prescribe the antibiotics JUST IN CASE there is a secondary infection, even though they don't see one. That would be bad obviously...

I hear you...big time...

just starting to get over a 1 month illness... back in the gym today and i felt like such a weakling..

I dated a girl for many years whose mother was a pathologist. I learned a lot because I'm always asking people like that questions.

When the body is fighting a virus, it is VERY common for there to be a secondary bacterial infection going on, almost normal. The antibiotics take care of the bacterial infection, freeing up more immune resources for fighting the virus.

This is why a doctor will prescribe antibiotics to a viral infection if he sees there is a secondary bacterial infection. The problem is, many doctors prescribe the antibiotics JUST IN CASE there is a secondary infection, even though they don't see one. That would be bad obviously...

Great Point, and something I was not thinking about when I made that post. I know in kids this is especially apparent like when I kid get a bad cold. Often times the child will come down with a bad sinus infection or ear infection that occurs because the immune system is so taxed with figthing the virus. I think you could compare it to how an AIDS patient comes down with bacterial infections that "normal" folks would just fight off with their immune systems.

I had that shit over the holidays. It was no joke. I have friends & family all over. That bug went everywhere. My buddy has it now for the second time. Hope everyone feels better.

Yeah, I feel your pain Tough... 3 weeks and still am not back to full speed. Worst chest and sinus sickness I have ever had... Antibiotics did nothing so I know it was viral... Doc swabbed for influenza but that was negative.

Get better soon! Force those fluids brother!

Last Sunday I was watching the Steelers/Jets game and enjoying it and all the sudden Bam something hit me. Went to bed feeling a little sluggish and a few hours later woke up not feeling good so my wife took my temp and I had a 103 fever and felt like a truck ran me over. Missed 2 days of work and I still feel a little down and out. My thing is with all the supps we take (Vitamins, Vit C, Humanofort, fish oil etc..) how does this happen. :)

1 gram of vit. C twice daily, and b complex twice daily. I have not been sick in a long ass time, don't even remember when i was sick last. :headbang:

1 gram of vit. C twice daily, and b complex twice daily. I have not been sick in a long ass time, don't even remember when i was sick last. :headbang:

Brad, that's exactly what I take plus 400mgs of humanofort....

HIt me hard 3 weeks ago, finally feeling better last week but I lost my voice and it's taking over two weeks for it to recover. My career involves me talking quite a bit every day so I haven't had a chance to let it sit and recover.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear