over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WHAT IS YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE?

110/70

Just got mine checked at the doc's office. It was 120/78. I'll be getting some blood work done tomorrow.

Just picked a wrist one up. Thanks guys. 137/92 2 weeks off gear.

This is a great thread. answered all my questions. Ive been having problems getting an accurate reading at the store because my arms are too big. My wife borrowed her moms Omron home monitor, but my arm is too big for it too! So ill either go get a larger cuff or get a wrist monitor model. thanks guys!

140/90 usually. When not on anything even. I'm gonna have a stroke soon :rolleyes:

140/90 while on supplements. I am beginning to think taking creatine may have affected my bp. I took liquid creatine basically for 3 years straight, with a little break here and there. I have been reading some studies about how creatine may adversely affect blood pressure.

right now.. as of two minutes ago lol.. i was 134/82.. i have been bed ridden for the most part because of my surgery..

REX...OMRON IS THE ONE I BOUGHT MY DAD.

Rex Feral said:
Search "OMRON Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor" on ebay. You can pick one up brand new in the box for at least half, often less, of what you will pay locally. Some models have APS (advanced positioning sensor). These cost a bit more than the ones without APS. With APS retails for $99 or so, without is $70 or so I believe. You should be able to grab one brand new or slightly used with APS for $30-50. If you buy an arm cuff monitor, you will have to purchase a larger cuff to avoid false readings. Unless you're a skinny fucker. LOL. ;)

Rex.

WE BOUGHT THE LARGE CUFF TOO. I TEST MINE ALL THE TIME. SUNDAY IT WAS....126/74....WHEN I WEIGHED 292 ....I WAS GETTING NOSE BLEEDS ALL THE TIME....BENDING OVER TO TIE MY SHOES....DOING LEG CURLS....THEN I FOUND OUT WHY! SHIT, YOUR BODY IS TRYING TO RELIEVE THE PRESSURE.

AT THAT TIME I WENT IN AND HAD IT CHECKED....154/100. MY MOM WAS AN EMT...SHE TOOK IT AT HOME. THEN I WENT IN THAT SAME DAY TO HAVE THE DOC CHECK IT AT OUR LOCAL CLINIC....[I HAD BEEN DOING CARDIO 4 DAYS PER WEEK TOO]........THEY SAID MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS FINE AND IF I WAS CONCERNED TO " JUST TAKE MY GIRLFRIEND DANCING"....CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SHIT?

ANYWAY....I STOPPED TRYING TO WEIGH 300LBS AFTER THAT.

JETHRO TULL said:
WE BOUGHT THE LARGE CUFF TOO. I TEST MINE ALL THE TIME. SUNDAY IT WAS....126/74....WHEN I WEIGHED 292 ....I WAS GETTING NOSE BLEEDS ALL THE TIME....BENDING OVER TO TIE MY SHOES....DOING LEG CURLS....THEN I FOUND OUT WHY! SHIT, YOUR BODY IS TRYING TO RELIEVE THE PRESSURE.

AT THAT TIME I WENT IN AND HAD IT CHECKED....154/100. MY MOM WAS AN EMT...SHE TOOK IT AT HOME. THEN I WENT IN THAT SAME DAY TO HAVE THE DOC CHECK IT AT OUR LOCAL CLINIC....[I HAD BEEN DOING CARDIO 4 DAYS PER WEEK TOO]........THEY SAID MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS FINE AND IF I WAS CONCERNED TO " JUST TAKE MY GIRLFRIEND DANCING"....CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SHIT?

ANYWAY....I STOPPED TRYING TO WEIGH 300LBS AFTER THAT.

LOL......I went in the other day to the doctor to get some medication for a sinus infection and they checked my bloodpressure......So the nurse tells me to pull up my sleeve and she takes one look at my arm and goes....Oh Yeah, we are gonna need the "the Big one" LOL....not that my arm is big by any means but the regular cuff she was about to use looked tiny....lol..

but more importantly I went in after literally drinking 3 cups of coffee ( I had an early morning meeting at work and had to be awake for...lol) and maybe 20 ounces of water which I am usually a 1/2 a gallon deep by then and my BP was 120/59 which was in the normal range which I found astounding as I was about as jacked up as you could get...lol...

Mine generally sits @ 140/72 give or take a couple either way. I check it weekly.

sayin the numbers is not saying the whole story. if you are on meds for bp then your pressure should be within reason. if not...go back to your doc. i have double pre-disposition for stroke. all my uncles on my moms side of the family died of strokes before age 55! yikes... of course their diets and lifestyle was about as poor as you could get. my bp has always run high normal since i was a teen... 124/84. i did the gear thing for a few years from 29-31 and my bp didn't really go up that much. now i'm older...bamn. no gear...no bp meds 140/92. on gear no meds 155/100! on gear with meds 116/78. luckily i caught the rise early on. i'm not gonna kill myself with all this stuff. i'm really not worried about strokes. what scares me is the damage to the kidneys of high preassure over the years. i only have a couple of years playin around then it's time to retire. with my genetics, i'm doomed.

It's funny, but the last time I went in they used the small bp cuff and I tested at 165/something... I just about had a stroke in the office. It went down to 140/90 when they used the big boy cuff :D

Kaiser said:
Well, I can say this, I never wanted to become a ProBB. But, as I stated before, I had a mild stroke in the gym where I lost partial vision for a period of time which has been the nightmare of my lifetime. Granted I was not on anything for a real long time at least a year, but if it had anything to do with it, which it probably did if I am honest with myself, I definately would have been more selective on the amounts I have taken in the past. And believe it or not, I didn't really take that much. As a matter of fact, I never stacked 2 at one time until a year ago. My favorite at the time was probably TestE 500mg/wk. My doctor also explained to me that just plain "clean" heavy lifters hold a 10% higher BP than people who don't lift for weight on average. Also, part of my problem was I never did cardio and I didn't breath correctly. I was stupid not to bring the engine up to par with the body of the car. I guess I was too young and thought that cardio was "taking away" from the mass I was trying to build. To this day, when I hear someone in the forums tell a newbie to cut down on the cardio just so he can gain a couple more lbs (of water weight mind you) I want to jump through my fucking monitor and choke the person who posted it. Now, I do alot of cardio, take OTC supplements for BP and make sure I breath correctly while lifting.
thats the way i feel about it bro.you have to do the cardio.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws