advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is your definition of an "empty stomach" (No Joke)

JAP426

Registered
I have a medication that is prescribed to be taken on an "empty stomach". But it is a nightime medication so it cannot be taken immediately after I wake up. Now I know as "bodybuilders" a completely empty stomach is rare. But what would you guys consider an "empty stomach"? I was thinking 2 hours after a meal and 30 minutes before a meal. Thanks in advance for your help on this one guys.

Sounds reasonable, I think you're overthinking it.

I was thinking 2 hours after a meal and 30 minutes before a meal. Thanks in advance for your help on this one guys.

2 hours post meal is a minimum... I've always been more comfortable at the 3 hours mark ("emptier" stomach feeling). And yes, 30-45 min before eating. :)

I got food poisoning last Saturday night and threw up for 10 hours straight. There was nothing left in my stomach, Lol not even bile. I was having to drink a little water in between vomit rounds to not just sit there and dry heave.

That's what I consider a true empty stomach. It was quite uncomfortable. Thank God for promethazine though

I got food poisoning last Saturday night and threw up for 10 hours straight. There was nothing left in my stomach, Lol not even bile. I was having to drink a little water in between vomit rounds to not just sit there and dry heave.

That's what I consider a true empty stomach. It was quite uncomfortable. Thank God for promethazine though

Now THAT is an empty stomach!!! :yeahthat:

Over the years Ive gotten some really bad stomach flu's. If you ever need something stronger or better then promethazine( because it is generally used for just mild/moderate nausea) then you should try Zofran( Ondansetron ) it is a life saver when your puking your guts out! It has never not worked, no matter how sick i am. ( I believe they give it to patients that are on chemotherapy) I always keep some around for when I or anyone in my family gets real sick. I get mine from ADC.

Eoampty stomauch? Wus did?!

Joking aside. I know from a clinical perspective empty stomach is 2-3 hours post meal. Some strong medications like pazopanib can be absorbed up to 50% more when taken with food so they are warrented for use only on an empty stomach. The rule most give is 2-3 hours post or 30-45 before.

some drugs are required to take with empty stomach or before meal, and we usually regard empty as 2hours post or 30min-1h before meal, for this time the drug can get the most effection and maximum to take in.

I slept 8 pm last night cos I was really tired sorting some stuff in my house and woke up 8:30 am !! so i was proper HOLLOW but it did not last long lol! in 15 min of waking up I had

one carton of eggs whites (500ml/15 )

120 gm oats

25 GM whey isolate

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

I think it depends on what you ate last

We know that fats slow down digestion and red meat takes about the longest to digest so you stomach will be empty sooner after eating egg whites and pineapple than after eating a big rib eye.

If I eat 12 ounces of a white fish like Mahi Mahi or tilapia and 10 ounces fresh pineapple I'm starving in 2 hrs

But if I eat 12 ounce of flank steak and 6 ounces asparagus I can wait 4 maybe 5 hrs before I get the "fuck I'm hungry" feeling

A shake with 50g whey isolate 1/2 cup Greek yogurt and a cup of raspberrys does't hold me over for an hr.

Over the years Ive gotten some really bad stomach flu's. If you ever need something stronger or better then promethazine( because it is generally used for just mild/moderate nausea) then you should try Zofran( Ondansetron ) it is a life saver when your puking your guts out! It has never not worked, no matter how sick i am. ( I believe they give it to patients that are on chemotherapy) I always keep some around for when I or anyone in my family gets real sick. I get mine from ADC.

Yeah they also were giving that to Prego women until they found out it caused birth defects. Poor kids.

Promethazine actually works if I can hold it down for an hour. If not then I gotta bust out the suppositories. :(:eek:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear