advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is your greatest accomplishment(s)?

Medic08

Kilo Klub Member
There seem to be a lot of smart, motivated, and well driven guys here at Professional Muscle and I was just curious what your greatest accomplishment was. Doesn't have to be bodybuilding related, but if that's the case then that's cool. Everyone is different and we all create goals. There's nothing better than setting a goal and accomplishing it, so please feel free to share.

I'm 30 years old and I've accomplished a few things already that I'm pretty proud of.

1. My two children are my greatest accomplishments thus far. Nothing beats having children and watching them succeed in life. Although my children are still very young, I'm already proud of what they've become and I can't help to think that my wife and I have contributed to that in a big way :cool: With that being said, we fail at being parents sometimes which only makes us become better parents. Just like anything in life, most success comes from first failing at something. I'd like consider myself a great father to my children and I take a lot of pride in being a great parent. I'm so lucky to have a great wife who is also a great mother and I just feed off of her to become a better father. If you're a parent then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. My family is my number one priority and always will be. I have so much respect for other great parents and I think it says a lot about their character. I have even more respect for single parents that step up and take the role of both parents. I couldn't imagine doing this alone, so single parents that put everything into their kids are amazing people in my opinion. Stewie is a board member here whom I have a HUGE amount of respect for this very reason. We have talked via PM and his knowledge really impressed me, but who he is as a person just really blew me away.

2. Becoming a Paramedic and transitioning into a critical care paramedic and finally a flight paramedic. I take A LOT of pride in being a great medical care provider for my patients. When I was just an EMT, I always looked up to flight paramedics and thought they were the elite of the elite, which is true in my field. So when I worked my ass off for nearly a decade, studied thousands of hours, and finally accomplished this goal, it was a huge deal to me.

3. Writing and publishing my first book. Writing has always been a hobby of mine so a few years ago I decided to really dedicate my free time to writing a book and publishing it. I have so much respect for writers, especially after doing it myself and seeing how much time it takes to actually sit down and write a legit novel. I don't pretend to be a huge, successful writer such as Steven King, but again, just setting a goal and accomplishing it was a huge deal for me. Although my book hasn't done as well as I wished it had, I still find myself happy that I said I was going to write a book , and I actually did it. It released last year and I sell a decent amount on Amazon. It's nothing huge, but again it was a big milestone for me to accomplishment. It's a 200 page Novel about a flight paramedic that struggled with addiction, PTSD from the stresses of being in EMS, and how he over came his demons. Even though I haven't sold a huge amount, the reviews I got have made all the hard work totally worth it. I won't share the name of the book bc I don't want to break the rules by promoting a product with out being a paying sponsor, but if anyone is interested in the name just feel free to shoot me a PM.

The only goal I haven't accomplished yet it getting my Bachelors degree in bio-chemistry to one day apply to PA school (Physicians Assistant) and having a career as a Cardiologist PA. However, I'm still young and have plenty of time to reach this goal and WILL get there. :cool:

Anyway, I broke the ice..... I hope that others will share their accomplishments so that we can feed off of each other, motivate and push ourselves further.

Please share!

Last edited:
My kids without question :D

I wish I could say I had something worth posting, but Im still working on my accomplishments.
So far the only thing I have accomplished is not being a quitter.
Ill update the thread when I can say I achieved something more noteworthy.
I would like to try my hand at writing- pretty cool that you wrote a novel Medic.

Same here - definitely my two little girls.

I wish I could say I had something worth posting, but Im still working on my accomplishments.
So far the only thing I have accomplished is not being a quitter.
Ill update the thread when I can say I achieved something more noteworthy.
I would like to try my hand at writing- pretty cool that you wrote a novel Medic.

Thanks, Buddy. I'm sure that you're just not giving yourself enough credit about the things that you've accomplished.

Same here - definitely my two little girls.

Awesome, man! So good to see a lot of guys here that value their children as much as I do. There's nothing greater in this world than the love of your own children, IMO. Good for you!

To the non-parents, having children might not sound like an accomplishment, but being a good father is the hardest thing you'll ever do. Any fool can make a baby, but it takes a real man/woman to be a great parent and role model.

My kids

Overcoming addiction

Learning how to walk for the 2nd time, and getting back in the gym when I was told I never would

My kids

Overcoming addiction

Learning how to walk for the 2nd time, and getting back in the gym when I was told I never would

Another proud daddy, that's awesome! I also have a history with addiction. Mine was opiates, what about you? Congrats on beating your addiction. It's one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

What's the story with you having to learn to walk again? Did you have a bad trauma?

Another proud daddy, that's awesome! I also have a history with addiction. Mine was opiates, what about you? Congrats on beating your addiction. It's one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

What's the story with you having to learn to walk again? Did you have a bad trauma?

I've been addicted to just about every drug, bounced from one drug to another over the years. Last thing was bangin morphine and Xanax, or any other downer I could crush and bang. Getting in the gym saved my life from that lifestyle... Was in a bad car accident where I was ejected. Broke c2, right arm a few times, lost use of my right hand for about 5 months due to nerve damage, crushed left foot, broke right ankle, head injury, rhabdomylosis which made my kidneys fail and was on dialysis... Was told I'd never walk without a cane, and never be able to lift again. Couple months ago I squatted 405x4 :)

Getting into my first choice of medical school but this is an ongoing thing as it doesnt mean shit until it translates to a job i am happy with

Representing the midwest in a country wide hockey tournament when i was HS

Then just little things. Helping my first patient on rotation. Getting my first thanks form a staff memeber and patient.

Nothing major or that cool. Hopefully in a couple 8 years :)

Getting into my first choice of medical school but this is an ongoing thing as it doesnt mean shit until it translates to a job i am happy with

Representing the midwest in a country wide hockey tournament when i was HS

Then just little things. Helping my first patient on rotation. Getting my first thanks form a staff memeber and patient.

Nothing major or that cool. Hopefully in a couple 8 years :)

Like I said in the other thread, getting into med school is a huge deal and I'm pretty jealous of you for it. Especially since you didn't really seem too thrilled about it. It does mean something right now, but I understand what you're saying.

There's so many shitty doctors out there, bro, so just do yourself and your patients a favor and be the very best medical care provider that you can. The best advice I can give is to ALWAYS have a good bed side manner and always listen to your patients. Holding their hand or just listening to them goes a VERY long way with most people. People can't stand it when they feel like they're being blown off. As hard as it is to do, do your best to be empathetic with as many patients as you can. As you know, there is a difference between sympathy and empathy and most people can see when you're being fake. That's the best advice I can give in this profession. I know you're in med school, but if you ever have any questions about patients or just health care in general, please feel free to PM me. I love hearing about cases and trying to diagnosis and/or help with treatment plans.

Congrats again! You should be very proud! :cool:

I've been addicted to just about every drug, bounced from one drug to another over the years. Last thing was bangin morphine and Xanax, or any other downer I could crush and bang. Getting in the gym saved my life from that lifestyle... Was in a bad car accident where I was ejected. Broke c2, right arm a few times, lost use of my right hand for about 5 months due to nerve damage, crushed left foot, broke right ankle, head injury, rhabdomylosis which made my kidneys fail and was on dialysis... Was told I'd never walk without a cane, and never be able to lift again. Couple months ago I squatted 405x4 :)

Damn man, that's quite a story. Sorry to hear that you went through all of that, but happy to hear that you overcame it all and prevailed against it all. The best part is that you did something that doctors told you that you couldn't do and would never do again. Not only did you prove them all wrong, but you went WAY above anyone's expectations. If you have will power, anything is possible, brother. Good for you!

1: My kids for sure
2: My marriage
3: Being successful at my business.

Like I said in the other thread, getting into med school is a huge deal and I'm pretty jealous of you for it. Especially since you didn't really seem too thrilled about it. It does mean something right now, but I understand what you're saying.

There's so many shitty doctors out there, bro, so just do yourself and your patients a favor and be the very best medical care provider that you can. The best advice I can give is to ALWAYS have a good bed side manner and always listen to your patients. Holding their hand or just listening to them goes a VERY long way with most people. People can't stand it when they feel like they're being blown off. As hard as it is to do, do your best to be empathetic with as many patients as you can. As you know, there is a difference between sympathy and empathy and most people can see when you're being fake. That's the best advice I can give in this profession. I know you're in med school, but if you ever have any questions about patients or just health care in general, please feel free to PM me. I love hearing about cases and trying to diagnosis and/or help with treatment plans.

Congrats again! You should be very proud! :cool:

Sorry to come off that way more that i just wish i would of thought through the sacrifice it takes. As interesting and rewarding as it is it didnt hit me soon enough how much you give to make it happen. I know all too well the shit docs having my own medical issues made me traverse the medical system and interact with some that i wonder how they made it past the interview. And i will take any and all advice that i can from anyone since i am at a stage and will be for along time where everyone knows more than me

Sorry to come off that way more that i just wish i would of thought through the sacrifice it takes. As interesting and rewarding as it is it didnt hit me soon enough how much you give to make it happen. I know all too well the shit docs having my own medical issues made me traverse the medical system and interact with some that i wonder how they made it past the interview. And i will take any and all advice that i can from anyone since i am at a stage and will be for along time where everyone knows more than me

No need to apologize, brother. I can understand where you're coming from (in a sense). Just doing what I've done has caused me to sacrifice a lot of time. I'm not trying to compare myself to a doctor by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think most people realize what it takes to become a critical care and/or flight medic. Thousands of hours of classroom and equally as many clinical hours. Nothing even close to med school, but a lot of work for sure.

Before my ambitions of PA school, med school was my original goal. That was until I spent countless hours researching med school and seeing the cost vs reward. Obviously I have children so I wasn't willing to sacrifice four years of med school, plus another four years of internship, plus the additional years of clinical a for specialty I chose to go into which in my case is cardiology which I believe is another 3-4 years of clinicals. So I was looking at least twelve years before I was finally on my on. I know after you're finished with med school you're considered an MD, but most new docs doing their fellowship only get paid like $40K a year all while pulling call and working 90 hour weeks. Not to mention the crazy price of malpractice insurance which is usually at least $80-$100K a year! So after malpractice insurance and student loans I would have been negative basically. I'm sure you already know all of this, but it just wasn't worth it to me. I've talked to several docs over the last decade and surprisingly most told me if they could do it all over again, they wouldn't have went to med school. I mean it takes at least 15 years to get all of your loans paid off or down before you can even start making good money. It's unfortunate that this is the case bc the world needs good docs, but it is what it is.

PA school is a Masters program, so two years after my BA degree, and a small fellowship, student loans yes, but not nearly what med school would cost me. I can come right out of school making $150-$200k as a cardiac PA and you're practicing under a MD so malpractice insurance is WAY WAY WAY cheaper. Not to mention, PA's and nurse practitioners is where health care is headed so I will be able to practice as much medicine as I want. I want to work in a Cath lab and doing Caths, pace makers, working with ballon pumps, etc.... As a PA I will be able to do that stuff all day long. I truly love cardiology and will be very happy working with cardiac patients the rest of my life.

This is why I chose the PA route. With my career history as a paramedic and with my grades, I should be able to get into the PA school of my choice. Which in my case is Emory University in Atlanta, Ga. It's literally 30 minutes from my house so its very convenient and a world class school/program.

Last edited:
Not too many days away from being a alcohol free for a year after battling the disease on and off for 20 years. (Hence my low post count since 2009 as I seem to keep bouncing in and out, but this is the longest I have made it without a single drop since I started drinking over 20 years ago and just feel different this time, WHOOP WHOOP!)

Not too many days away from being a alcohol free for a year after battling the disease on and off for 20 years. (Hence my low post count since 2009 as I seem to keep bouncing in and out, but this is the longest I have made it without a single drop since I started drinking over 20 years ago and just feel different this time, WHOOP WHOOP!)

That's awesome, brother! 365 days is one hell of an accomplishment, especially when you've been battling it for 20 years. Just keep going in the right direction and doing the right things! :cool:

(Don't feel like thinking about ranking them but here the ones from top of my head).

Not being a Obese fat fucking kid anymore

Proving all my teachers and high school kids wrong when they thought my dyslexic hyper active ass wouldn't become successful (I know this sounds bitter but seriously between all my teachers 3 teacher cared about my education and the rest put me down and doubted me; the hate and anger that I have inside of my from those days makes me work my ass off everyday). I went to one of the best universities for Mathematics and I have couple of minors and did a couple of very interesting and unique internships all in different fields.

Coming over to US with my family a decade ago with literally nothing but our cloths on our backs, being UBER poor, and without using ANY government help (that is because we did not know about them...like I paid for my school lunch and $3 use to be A LOT of money to us. Three fucking dollars) making it to upper middle class.

Out of school without having a single debit and having amazing fucking credit.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws