advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is your greatest accomplishment(s)?

As proud as I am of many things I've done, the hardest thing I ever did and also the greatest victory I ever won was getting custody of my only son. Nothing I ever did was as important to me as that.

Beyond that, I had the good fortune to make my way into some very exclusive units in my military career and experience things most people only get to see in action movies. I am both very proud of that and humbled by the deeds of some of those I've served with, many of whom didn't come home.

I have some things in the shooting and martial arts communities that I am proud of also, I suppose they would round the list out.

You've always seemed like a real good dude, and this just reinforces my belief in you. Like I said about single parents that step up take care of business. I just think its the most awesome thing ever and I respect you more than I can explain.

You're a good guy, Ghetto. Don't ever lose that trait bc its the best one that you'll ever have, buddy. :cool:

My boy is very loving and caring. He is what I'm most proud of.

No need to apologize, brother. I can understand where you're coming from (in a sense). Just doing what I've done has caused me to sacrifice a lot of time. I'm not trying to compare myself to a doctor by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think most people realize what it takes to become a critical care and/or flight medic. Thousands of hours of classroom and equally as many clinical hours. Nothing even close to med school, but a lot of work for sure.

Before my ambitions of PA school, med school was my original goal. That was until I spent countless hours researching med school and seeing the cost vs reward. Obviously I have children so I wasn't willing to sacrifice four years of med school, plus another four years of internship, plus the additional years of clinical a for specialty I chose to go into which in my case is cardiology which I believe is another 3-4 years of clinicals. So I was looking at least twelve years before I was finally on my on. I know after you're finished with med school you're considered an MD, but most new docs doing their fellowship only get paid like $40K a year all while pulling call and working 90 hour weeks. Not to mention the crazy price of malpractice insurance which is usually at least $80-$100K a year! So after malpractice insurance and student loans I would have been negative basically. I'm sure you already know all of this, but it just wasn't worth it to me. I've talked to several docs over the last decade and surprisingly most told me if they could do it all over again, they wouldn't have went to med school. I mean it takes at least 15 years to get all of your loans paid off or down before you can even start making good money. It's unfortunate that this is the case bc the world needs good docs, but it is what it is.

PA school is a Masters program, so two years after my BA degree, and a small fellowship, student loans yes, but not nearly what med school would cost me. I can come right out of school making $150-$200k as a cardiac PA and you're practicing under a MD so malpractice insurance is WAY WAY WAY cheaper. Not to mention, PA's and nurse practitioners is where health care is headed so I will be able to practice as much medicine as I want. I want to work in a Cath lab and doing Caths, pace makers, working with ballon pumps, etc.... As a PA I will be able to do that stuff all day long. I truly love cardiology and will be very happy working with cardiac patients the rest of my life.

This is why I chose the PA route. With my career history as a paramedic and with my grades, I should be able to get into the PA school of my choice. Which in my case is Emory University in Atlanta, Ga. It's literally 30 minutes from my house so its very convenient and a world class school/program.

Med flight is some amazing work. And PA is no joke and very intense.

Depending on speciality loans can get paid off in 3-4 years if you want. I'm in anesthesiology right now and it's beyond my imagination what they pull in fresh our of residency 1-2 mil down the road a couple years doing out patient work isn't unheard of but all the money in world will never make up for doing something you don't truly like

Med flight is some amazing work. And PA is no joke and very intense.

Depending on speciality loans can get paid off in 3-4 years if you want. I'm in anesthesiology right now and it's beyond my imagination what they pull in fresh our of residency 1-2 mil down the road a couple years doing out patient work isn't unheard of but all the money in world will never make up for doing something you don't truly like

That's a good way to look at it. Just keep going after the grind and be the very best provider that you can be. My door is always open so feel free to shoot me a PM whenever you want!!

awesome thread, its very nice to see guys show this side. I read every post thank you all

Finding my best friend and soul mate after failing in a first marriage. My 3 kids 10 year old 7 year old and a 7 week older and last but not least finding GOD.

I wish I could say I had something worth posting, but Im still working on my accomplishments.
So far the only thing I have accomplished is not being a quitter.
Ill update the thread when I can say I achieved something more noteworthy.
I would like to try my hand at writing- pretty cool that you wrote a novel Medic.

That is huge, Ajdos. That's what nearly every other accomplishment is built from. Keep pluggin, Brother. The toughest thing is often establishing a clear goal. If you have one, things get way easier. People who have faced adversity make easy work of huge goals. Because compared to what they've faced, climbing any imaginary wall is easy. Good luck, Bro.

I wish I could say I had something worth posting, but Im still working on my accomplishments.
So far the only thing I have accomplished is not being a quitter.
Ill update the thread when I can say I achieved something more noteworthy.
I would like to try my hand at writing- pretty cool that you wrote a novel Medic.

I might be confusing you with somsomeone else but was it you that wrote that cool story on hear quite some time back about the guy they called piglet or something? If so you have a good skill with the writing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

No kids no wife not close at times I regret as I've devoted 8-16 hours day to training
BS in human services, msw in social work and licsw but this is only to survive in my field .
Also 40 years of martial art training as kid western boxing , shodan in judo , shodan in shotokon karate do, 3rd dan tae Kwon do, 3rd dan kenpo karate do, shodan aikido, Menkyo diato ryu aikijutsu , Menkyo koga ryu niñpo bugei, Menkyo yanagi shrinkage ryu, shodan ketsugo jujutsu, guro minde muda penjak Silat pukulan tjimande , guro cabales Serrada escrima , guro kali illustrisimo , guro arnis lanada, basic instructor fairtex muy Thai , black Gracie jiujitsu, sifu pin sun wing chun Kung fu Menkyo Nihon jujutsu. I could go on but I can't imagine people still reading . 18 in all total so far. That's 42 years 12 hours day of study and training .
my masters degree enabled me to test and certify as cscs as bodybuilding and weightlifting for 30 years has been a daily hobby. Daily bodybuilding , training young bodybuilders and athletes to excel, still train soldiers part time to use hand or blade when having no firearm or explosive . Though I do have my liscense in my state to carry .
Was army ranger toured 3 times , desert storm retired 1994. I'm proud of all that but they have also filled me with regrets I can never get back. As I hit 50 I look and feel like I'm in my 20s but I have no material wealth - no fancy vehicle or home the real men are all of you that work hard and support family's and raise children something I will never see, I tip my hat to all of you as you raise the future of society and you don't get a certificate or award for doing the most important task any man can do. So I salute all of you dads who provide roof food and life for family's

Last edited:
My accomplishments seem to have less worth after they are successfully completed. No matter how hard they were, I take them for granted.

The finest accomplishment of my life, which I'll never take for granted, has been choosing the right woman. She is the absolute light for me and the best choice I ever made about anything. She's showed me what love is and what a whole, healthy person looks like

I generally make horrible choices in women. But I lucked out this once and I'll forever try to deserve her.

No kids no wife not close at times I regret as I've devoted 8-16 hours day to training
BS in human services, msw in social work and licsw but this is only to survive in my field .
Also 40 years of martial art training as kid western boxing , shodan in judo , shodan in shotokon karate do, 3rd dan tae Kwon do, 3rd dan kenpo karate do, shodan aikido, Menkyo diato ryu aikijutsu , Menkyo koga ryu niñpo bugei, Menkyo yanagi shrinkage ryu, shodan ketsugo jujutsu, guro minde muda penjak Silat pukulan tjimande , guro cabales Serrada escrima , guro kali illustrisimo , guro arnis lanada, basic instructor fairtex muy Thai , black Gracie jiujitsu, sifu pin sun wing chun Kung fu Menkyo Nihon jujutsu. I could go on but I can't imagine people still reading . 18 in all total so far. That's 42 years 12 hours day of study and training .
my masters degree enabled me to test and certify as cscs as bodybuilding and weightlifting for 30 years has been a daily hobby. Daily bodybuilding , training young bodybuilders and athletes to excel, still train soldiers part time to use hand or blade when having no firearm or explosive . Though I do have my liscense in my state to carry .
Was army ranger toured 3 times , desert storm retired 1994. I'm proud of all that but they have also filled me with regrets I can never get back. As I hit 50 I look and feel like I'm in my 20s but I have no material wealth - no fancy vehicle or home the real men are all of you that work hard and support family's and raise children something I will never see, I tip my hat to all of you as you raise the future of society and you don't get a certificate or award for doing the most important task any man can do. So I salute all of you dads who provide roof food and life for family's

Wow, Man! That's a well-lived life and still a lot left! Don't underestimate how much your service and sacrifice is valued by a great number of people, who know what service to others means and how indispensable it is.

In no specific value order:
1. My 2&1/2 year old son
2. My son to be(wife is 16 weeks pregnant)
3. Marrying the best woman in the world
4. Earning my Masters degree in educational leadership at the age of 38
5. My teaching career
6. Reaching the top levels of amateur bodybuilding
7. Being the best dad I can be for my boys
8. Being successful in my life despite my epilepsy
These are not it any specific order as I am so proud of all of them and they all have tremendous meaning and value for me in different ways.

In no specific value order:
1. My 2&1/2 year old son
2. My son to be(wife is 16 weeks pregnant)
3. Marrying the best woman in the world
4. Earning my Masters degree in educational leadership at the age of 38
5. My teaching career
6. Reaching the top levels of amateur bodybuilding
7. Being the best dad I can be for my boys
8. Being successful in my life despite my epilepsy
These are not it any specific order as I am so proud of all of them and they all have tremendous meaning and value for me in different ways.

That's a lot to be proud of as you should be.

I'm really glad to see that most guys have put that their number one accomplishments are their children or their wives. I think it shows your true character when you put that kind of stuff as your number one priority.

There's a lot of great guys here!

Keep them coming guys! I'm really enjoying reading all the wonderful things that guys have accomplished over the years.

That's a lot to be proud of as you should be.

I'm really glad to see that most guys have put that their number one accomplishments are their children or their wives. I think it shows your true character when you put that kind of stuff as your number one priority.

There's a lot of great guys here!

Keep them coming guys! I'm really enjoying reading all the wonderful things that guys have accomplished over the years.

Thanks Medic! I believe guys like us don't count on luck but I do believe that it exists and i wish you all the best in your pursuit of your flight medic certification; I know that's a hell of an accomplishment and no doubt you will earn it sooner than later.
Peace to you and all of us,
M2M:cool:

Good Thread Medic!

I havent done a lot, but i have overcome a terribly abusive childhood, with the help of some great women friends in my life and a few years of therapy,i am still not "normal" but considering what i went thru i turned out damn good ( at least thats what the Therapists said )
I fought for and after almost giving up and at least a year later was finally awarded sole custody of my daughter , who is my only child and my pride and joy, she went thru some tough times too but with love and a lot of friends she has grown into a beautiful,respectful and compassionate young woman.
For a guy my age (over 50 now) i still work damn hard and workout just as hard as i did 20 years ago.
I often wish i hadnt been so consumed by my anger and low self esteem issues for so many years from the abuse, im sure i could have done much more, but i was always drinking and using (rec drugs) to escape the pain,so there was no focus on future plans, honestly at the time i didnt want to live to 30.... the day i found out i was going to be a dad and would have a chance to do things differently than was done to me i gave up all my substance abuse, joined a gym, and didnt drink any alcohol for about 22 years.

You've always seemed like a real good dude, and this just reinforces my belief in you. Like I said about single parents that step up take care of business. I just think its the most awesome thing ever and I respect you more than I can explain.

You're a good guy, Ghetto. Don't ever lose that trait bc its the best one that you'll ever have, buddy. :cool:

Thanks Medic. I appreciate the kind words.

You've accomplished something that's on my to-do list. Beng a published author is quite an accomplishment. If you don't mind, PM me that book. I'll check it out.

wow some of you guys have done some amazing things, interesting about the children, cant say im interested in them yet but seeing everyone so proud of there makes me wonder about the joy and pride in it.

havent really accomplished alot young, but i guess the ones im proud of would be:

Finishing university with HDs.
Getting over my obesity when i was a teenager and losing the weight.
Finally letting go of god, and becoming atheist.
Studying and finishing my CA (Chartered Accountant)

Hopefully in 10 years of so have some more major accomplishments.

Thanks Medic. I appreciate the kind words.

You've accomplished something that's on my to-do list. Beng a published author is quite an accomplishment. If you don't mind, PM me that book. I'll check it out.

Just PM'd you the link, GG. If you decide to purchase it, I truly hope you enjoy it!

wow some of you guys have done some amazing things, interesting about the children, cant say im interested in them yet but seeing everyone so proud of there makes me wonder about the joy and pride in it.

havent really accomplished alot young, but i guess the ones im proud of would be:

Finishing university with HDs.
Getting over my obesity when i was a teenager and losing the weight.
Finally letting go of god, and becoming atheist.
Studying and finishing my CA (Chartered Accountant)

Hopefully in 10 years of so have some more major accomplishments.

When/if you ever decide to have children I promise you'll see what we are all so proud of :) There's just something so cool about making life and just watching them grow and succeed. The coolest thing is watching them develop their own little personalities. As I'm sure most would agree, there's nothing quite like having your own child. I think I have the coolest, and most beautiful children in the world.... But then again, I'm a little biased. :D

Something you said caught my eye. I'm not judging you or trying to turn this into a religious debate, but I have to ask why you're so proud of letting your belief in God cease? Again, I'm not judging you at all bc we all have our own beliefs, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that they're proud of becoming an atheist. I'm just curious what your reasoning is bc actually one of my proudest days is giving my life to Jesus Christ and completely surrendering myself to him. Feel free to PM your reasoning if you're more comfortable with that.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131