advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what is your opinion on tall bodybuilders?

Just imagine being someone as tall as Martyn Ford or “The Mountain”. They look good, but that shit took TREMENDOUS amounts of food to pack on their size.

Cage

Wikipedia said Dillett is only 6'1" which I do not believe........Critical Bench says 6'2".....I thoght is was about 6'4"or 6'5".to let lied about his height while competing on purpose he says it in an interview because he was so tired of want to list it

Paul listed his height a few inches shorter because all the competitors were shorter it's in an interview somewhat recent in the last year or so I've seen. Paul was my inspiration last year for listening my height shorter than I was measured

Last year I was measured for classic 6 4 and 3/4 the year before I was measured 61 and a half I just told him to put six one and a half in on the paper and he did I've known him a few years we've worked together

Bodybuilding is very much an illusion. Shorter guys will always look bigger/better in pics or videos alone. Even on stage and stood next to a tall bodybuilder they will/should have an advantage for a variety of reasons. Obviously there are so many variables so it's not black and white but many shades of grey. For two guys who have very similar development (and shape etc) the taller one may have an advantage. Now someone who is 6ft 7 stranding on a bodybuilding stage is going to struggle because they simply can't fill out their frame. Even for guys who are just over 6ft the same applies and obviously the taller the worse off they are.

99% of the time when I see a guy with crazy thickness they are always on the short size. A good example of that is Nicolas Vullioud. So many bodybuilders are considered huge and whilst they are very thick their actual frame (height and width) can be deceivingly small and when they are stood next to someone who is big in every way the difference is noticeable. I have come across people if I posted their pics people would think wow they look great and when I stand next to them they are small compared to me. They would destroy me on a bodybuilding stage though. I see top bodybuilders in pics with their wives and they have similar sized frames so it's very much an illusion. A prime example of all of this is Shaun Clarida who I think is an amazing bodybuilder. He beat Regan Grimes and Sergio Olive Jr and rightfully so. He looks enormous in pics alone but stand him next to any big guy and you see how small he is.

I am 6ft 2 so I have always been more impressed with taller bodybuilding. Although most of my fav bb's of all time including Branch Warren and Hadi Choopan who are very short. They are great bodybuilders but if you have a guy like Martyn Ford stand next to both of them he would make them look tiny. I have seen Hadi Choopan in a crowd of regular people and he looks small next to guys who don't even go to the gym with clothes on. He takes off his top and he is a complete freak and my fav bodybuilder today. Hadi destroys a guy that is tall on stage who looks incredible but he simply hasn't filled out his frame as much as he needs to and that is Regan Grimes. It shows how much bb is a short person's sport when you have some considered tall for the Olympia and he is only 5ft 11. I personally don't think anyone looks as "good" as Regan but obviously to win a top show he is going to have to have to fill is frame much more and get a lot more freaky. Whilst size is very important in bodybuilding it's just 1 criteria out of many that is needed to win.

At 6'2", I can tell you that building the bodybuilding physique SUCKS! Well, TRYING to build it... I mean, girls love the tall thing, and it's nice to always be able to reach the top shelf, but save for a few VERY genetically gifted, anything over 5'9" or so is a real dickslap to the chops!
Yup, 6’2” as well and take forever to see and increase in size.

For 12 yrs I tried Getting Big enough for A Big Show..
At 6'2" I needed a Ripped 280pds..Never hit it even on my Bulker,
3gms and 6000 cals Got me to 270 preBed..Woke Up,, Evacuated....262pds...My Heaviest!
Too Tall and the Skinny Gene !!! Looks Good on a Daily Bases but Never the Mass Monster"""

Attachments

• ferrigno early 90s high-res.jpg
    ferrigno early 90s high-res.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 53
I don't think he's been mentioned yet...I've met quite a few pros but an offseason Big Sean Allen was unreal due to his height...about as wide as I remember Ronnie but had to duck walking through doorways he was so tall
Very big indeed but at 6ft 4 I doubt he has to duck through modern day doorways.

Very big indeed but at 6ft 4 I doubt he has to duck through modern day doorways.
OK, You're entitled to Your opinion...seeing him in person he's taller then 6'4 and it happened at the Met in NYC I was right behind him

OK, You're entitled to Your opinion...seeing him in person he's taller then 6'4 and it happened at the Met in NYC I was right behind him
6 foot 8 is the standard height for a doorway. I've seen in my lifetime a small handful of people have to duck down a tad to enter a doorway. Just saw a father and son do it coming into the Chinese buffet! Mom was well over 6 foot too.

I've seen students at the high school have to too. I feel short when with the young uns. So boys under 18 years old over 6 foot 8 inches when wearing athletic shoes. It's certainly possible a bodybuilder is that tall. Some guys might duck even though they really don't need to because the top of the doorway feels close.

In person he was bigger then anyone a decade ago...I've met Ronnie, Jay, Kai....he was as big as any of them and a head plus higher
Didn’t BSA used to post on here a long time back? Or was that on musclemayhem?

I find bodybuilding was turning into a short mans sport. The new male divisions have put a premium on tall male bodybuilders. I cringe saying that as a 5'7 guy... The sport grabs so much more interest from passive fans and younger generations, when taller guys are dominate.

Craig golias is a big guy, monster BUTTTTT he doesn't look as big as he does in his pictures

Some of them are doing well. The two tallest in the IFBB are Jamie Christian-Johal (6'5") in Open and Pavel Szotkowski (6'6.75") in Classic Physique. Josh Maley is 6'6" but not in the IFBB(yet).

272665855_2750862581872802_2452995164620837906_n.jpg

Some of them are doing well. The two tallest in the IFBB are Jamie Christian-Johal (6'5") in Open and Pavel Szotkowski (6'6.75") in Classic Physique. Josh Maley is 6'6" but not in the IFBB(yet).

272665855_2750862581872802_2452995164620837906_n.jpg
I'm impressed with the amount of mass Jamie has been able to pour on that huge frame of his so far 👏🏿

This is one for everyone so please join in. Is it harder for a person 6ft or taller to be successful at being a bodybuilder? Do they look better than shorter bodybuilders if they are full and symmetrical? who's your favorite tall body builder that's 6ft or taller from any time period and why?
I am 6'1 and to fill up my frame it seems not an easy task, having hard time going over 220-225 at 7%

Imho ideal bodybuilder height is 5'8- 6'.

Ofc when you fill out a 6'+ he will look incredible but imho it's not easy task for everyone.

Wikipedia said Dillett is only 6'1" which I do not believe........Critical Bench says 6'2".....I thoght is was about 6'4"or 6'5".
He was. He lied about his height on purpose , while competing. Moreover, the interview was around may 2021.

If I was under 5'9 I would've put max effort into bodybuilding I think but being 6'2 it really discouraged me from entering a bb comp. The amount of food and drugs to fill out a 6'2 frame w skinny genetics and be competitive in a show has kept me from committing to a show and now I'm late 30s so doubt I will ever step on stage now

Taller guys give a better look imo. The Jamie Johals, Andrew Jacked, Kuclos etc. really define the word 'freak' to me, lol. Not knocking the shorter guys. Still very impressive no doubt.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws