over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is your pre contest peak week protocol

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was just wondering what everyone’s did for their peak week as far as how they manipulate their carbs , water , sodium and such. I know some people have very elaborate strategies to try to be as full and dry as possible , I’ve seen some of these work and some fail miserably.

I personally have fucked up to many times so I keep it as simple as possible
I diet on a keto style year round and have a carb day once a week leading into a show where I’ll get 250-300 grams carbs a day from yams and white rice/jam while keeping water intake high then change time to when I cut water to try to get the timing right.
The week of the show I keep water an sodium intake the same as it has been
Monday and Tuesday I’ll have 300g carbs (25 per meal) with either tilapia or turkey breast and a cup of steamed vegetables.
Wednesday , Thursday and Friday am I go back to the diet keeping water the same.
Friday I’ll check in around 7 , 8:00 cut water have dinner which is fish and rice with jam (50g Protein , 75g carbs) , 11:00 same meal.
Saturday morning 6 whole eggs , 2 pop tarts but I’ll add a bit more salt to the eggs than normal. This simple approach has worked the best for me so far but this year since I’m home I’m thinking about trying some different ideas out because I’m sure I can come in dryer without being flat as shit

There are many do´s and dont´s when peak week is up, both diet-wise and gear-wise so it will be interesting to hear what people do.

Im not gonna go into detail but gear-wise i keep test and tren in. Up winny or mast last 2 weeks. Im not feeling any difference between E and Ace/prop ester so i usually go with E because of less pinning. The adex and diet usually takes care of water.

Diet-wise i keep sodium/salt high the whole diet, carbs moderate, high protein ofcourse. Water is high/alot all diet, and upping water until cutting it out completely. I like carbing up just before show and just upping the carbs a little the peak week. I cut salt/sodium the day before show to flush water. Water i cut about 18hours before stage. Introduce salt/sodium again 6-8 hours before stage while eating carbs to fill out. Lots of it.

Into training, i dont train legs the last week. I do my cardio and some typical training, not to failure.

Gunny - are you going to the battle on the bluff? I think Bayou Muscle was this past week and I completely forgot about it. I want to take my wife to a show - so she can see the insanity in person :D

Once I stopped doing peak weeks I started WINNING......

Gunny - are you going to the battle on the bluff? I think Bayou Muscle was this past week and I completely forgot about it. I want to take my wife to a show - so she can see the insanity in person :D

I'm scheduled to work that weekend , Bayou Muscle was a total shit show like everything else at that venue , zero room , competitors treated like shit with no where to stage , shit trophies , the stage is way to low and the lighting suck. The only reason I went is because the guy I was helping paid for my ticket. I refuse to pay for anything that Luke promotes.
I'll probably go to the Baton Rouge show , I don't have anyone doing it but I might check it out.
I'm planning to do Battle on the Gulf Coast but a shipment of sups has been backed up 8 fuckin weeks now kinda put me in a bind. I'll be there because I've got several people doing it.

My last two shows 2014/15 I used a prime (4 day carb depletion) fill and spill (36 hour carb up) and a 30 hr dry out with a heavy sodium meal the morning of the show. The carb up was 12 meals of 150g of carbs (1800g total). It was designed by Scott Stevenson......best I ever looked.

My last two shows 2014/15 I used a prime (4 day carb depletion) fill and spill (36 hour carb up) and a 30 hr dry out with a heavy sodium meal the morning of the show. The carb up was 12 meals of 150g of carbs (1800g total). It was designed by Scott Stevenson......best I ever looked.

I have done this with scott to. Utilising just natural diuretic and it works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m very simple.

Legs sat before sat show n just a cheat meal not usual high day

Sunday rest n cardio n pose

Monday to wed 100g carbs and my other 3 days of 4 day split. Reduce cardio ten mins daily This training is my normal training with n added circuit at end

Thursday is light upper body pump instead cardio. Then load with water intake.

Water is just 6l all week till Friday.

Friday pre show - carbs only till 2pm n amount depends on weight gain from load yest. Water is half of yesterday n cut 6-8pm depending on scale.

Pre bed fatty fish like salmon n chips as steak sits to heavy

Morning of show is dependant on weight but Mcds pancakes with syrup as minimum

Pre show gluten free n dairy free muffin.

Water dependant on weight n look.

I don’t like a lot of food show day.

I'm scheduled to work that weekend , Bayou Muscle was a total shit show like everything else at that venue , zero room , competitors treated like shit with no where to stage , shit trophies , the stage is way to low and the lighting suck. The only reason I went is because the guy I was helping paid for my ticket. I refuse to pay for anything that Luke promotes.
I'll probably go to the Baton Rouge show , I don't have anyone doing it but I might check it out.
I'm planning to do Battle on the Gulf Coast but a shipment of sups has been backed up 8 fuckin weeks now kinda put me in a bind. I'll be there because I've got several people doing it.

Message me man - I am 10 minutes from the BR show... it’s been A while but I want to go. My buddy won Bayou Muscle in 2017 and was on this years poster but I didn’t get to go - heard it was total dogshit

One thing I learned; I don’t cut water until Friday night .. I keep drinking ; water keeps me full... I like to have 2 days where I spell over, diuretics will get the water off and when I cut sodium Friday; dry out.
Full and dry Saturday morning. Burger after a diuretic with fries ... sleep.
I wake up every time I pee and eat half a bagel

What do you mean exactly with dry out? lower carbs like 50 grams with little fat or just protein/fat meals?

I like to be ready at lesast two weeks before the show. If I am lean enough and am pounding the water going in to the show, my motto is " If it aint broke, dont fix it" Nothing changes .

This is pretty much my plan going into the USA's. Any time I've tried cutting water before the show I end up looking flat and watery, but when my salt and water intake is consistently high I'm full and bone dry. Probably have a few extra carbs the night before and morning of and that'll be it.

I like to be ready at lesast two weeks before the show. If I am lean enough and am pounding the water going in to the show, my motto is " If it aint broke, dont fix it" Nothing changes .

Though I should add, this will be my first time doing a two day long show, so maybe anyone that has done that before has some insight on how they've approached that in the past?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131