over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What keeps you going?

Machine1986

Registered
Hey gentleman quick question.. I struggle with a few things, OCD, ADHD, BiPoloar, who the fuck knows, and everything else im labeled. . . .that being I preface my question with this as my thinking process may be different from most.
So my question is what motivates you to keep going? What do you tell yourself to keep moving.

For example: The end of day rolls around and you ate like shit and its gym time and you feel so un-motivated and defeated. what you did that day goes completely against what your trying to attain physically .. . . . what makes you go and push through? How to you move from where your at without letting the mistakes of yesterday eat at you?

I get a good night's sleep and start out new, refreshed, and ready to kick ass. If it feels wrong and the day was all jacked up, put that day behind you because things will always look better in the morning. Drop the guilt, OCD, and distress of that day; leave it behind.

Oh man. This is a tough question mainly because it's completely subjective...

Honestly, if your unhappy it's time to take a break. Don't keep beating yourself down. That break might be a week or it might be a year. If you are an athlete, at some point you will come back.

Also, don't do it for anyone but for yourself. What a lot of us do, day in and day out, is too hard to do if you are doing it for anyone but yourself.

I'm going to get a little hypercritical tho and say that I've been dieting hard and something that gets me up early in the morning to go run or swim is when my GF gets back from visiting her family (she will be gone for a total of 6 weeks) I want to look like a different person. I want her jaw to drop when I take my shirt off.. and hopefully her panties will follow ;)

But to answer the scenario you have created... I like to work out in the mornings :) that way I can't keep making excuses for not going to the gym haha. I also have a goal in my mind of what I would like to look like and I won't be happy until I reach that goal. But the funny thing is once I reach that goal I still won't be satisfied. I'll want to be bigger, stronger, or leaner.

Well first off I love lifting and exercising never been un motivated, I am highly determined to look and feel good and I believe that comes from diet exercise and the right amount of sleep. Sometimes when I'm dragging ass I think of the years I've spent lifting and just think 'well if I skip today, then that will throw off my routine and I'll be playing catch up next week or two and that's sucks even more' I just trick myself into thinking if I skip today I'll continue to skip and I've come way to far to give up now.
But the advice already given is rock solid get good rest it effects everything and unless ur a professional bb'er who cares if you skip one day here and there or fuck ur routine up id rather skip a day get some rest, food, and start over than go in the gym and have a fucked up chest day! :banghead: because that will really mess me up I'll be pissed thinking about how my pussy ass couldn't even get my heavy chest day in this week, better to go in focused. Try morning routines very little excuses then, and a great way to start the day:headbang:

Last edited:
Great posts guys! Aprecciate your input and perspectives. My problem is such . . knowledge is great .. .but having the wisdom to apply it priceless lol

I've been in your same position lately. I just do the best I can. You may not progress when your slack, but at least you can hold on to the muscle you have. My suggestion to you, is take some time off, maybe two or three weeks. When you start working out again, hopefully you will be rejuvenated.

I don't understand why people obsess over the most irrelevant things.

you got some guys feeling so guilty if they missed out on a couple of workouts or had some "cheat" meals etc...

You guys need to chill the fuck out and stop taking this shit too seriously..

I mean really, do you think that you have ruiend years of working out if you missed a day or 2?

For those who don't compete, treat it as a hobby and don't kill yourself doing it.

I love training but what really keeps me motivated is the attention I get in public (and home). Makes me feel much more important than I am actually.

I don't understand why people obsess over the most irrelevant things.

you got some guys feeling so guilty if they missed out on a couple of workouts or had some "cheat" meals etc...

You guys need to chill the fuck out and stop taking this shit too seriously..

I mean really, do you think that you have ruiend years of working out if you missed a day or 2?

For those who don't compete, treat it as a hobby and don't kill yourself doing it.

Do you ever say anything positive?

Once I changed my workouts to short intense workouts several years ago, I have no problem being motivated. Knowing that I have only 20 or so mins of high intensity weights with little rest followed by some swimming makes it real easy to go to the gym. In the old days, I remembered dreading some workouts because I would be there for 2 hours.

may sound weird but my little girl. she's 9. when i get home she will say lets go workout daddy. she gets me motivated. she likes to bench. not much but she benched 100lbs.

No he just writes angry posts about how he hates bodybuilding and bodybuilding....apparently he's a bug shot in the business world and fabulously wealthy however. I think getbig would be a great place for him to post.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

may sound weird but my little girl. she's 9. when i get home she will say lets go workout daddy. she gets me motivated. she likes to bench. not much but she benched 100lbs.

wow, thats cool

sometimes I like a swift kick in the ass. but that's me, so posts like that fit my personality.

No he just writes angry posts about how he hates bodybuilding and bodybuilding....apparently he's a bug shot in the business world and fabulously wealthy however. I think getbig would be a great place for him to post.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

So true, you are very irrelevant, and you know it.

What motivates me?

Gains... Finding ways to make positive gains. It is very rewarding to me.

I didn't feel like working out yesterday so I asked my son, who's about the same age as your daughter, if he wanted to go to the gym, and he said yes. So I sucked it up and went for 75min and got a great workout. Funny how we try our best to be good role models to our kids, and sometimes they end up being our role models.

So true, you are very irrelevant, and you know it.

I disagree. Cal comes across as very intelligent and always has something nice or constructive to say. (Except to you)

I believe that it may be time for a break. When is the last time you truly took some time away from the gym? For example, and this is only on an off day, but say my weekend is my off time...well when Sunday roles around I honestly feel fat and my muscles "feel" soft so that gets to my head and makes me want to go workout! So maybe you just need to take a week off and the it'll hit you that you really want to get back into the gym, everyone needs time off. It's great on the body.

Some days im so tired and just dont feel like working out but i find once u get in there and get going its hard to stop... Its just something u have to make yourself do...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws