advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What keeps you sane while prepping for a contest?

PumpinIron

Registered
Just wondering what keeps you guys sane when you're prepping for a contest. One thing I've found that is nice is I've taken vitamin water zero (the zero calorie kind with stevia) and made popsicles with it. It satisfies my sweet tooth a little which is nice (I sure wish there was a way to completely eliminate my sugar craving).

Other than that though with all the bland food, hunger, etc. it's hard to keep from going mad. Just wondering how you guys handle it?

I competed in powerlifting but I did do a few bobybuilding shows I did the metrx diet it was so easy and worked great I dont understand why more people arent using it? Lee labrada was the first pro to do it then Curtis leffeler
basicly you drink a metrx shake with something like brown rice or oatmeal or grits 6 to 8 times per day some guys drink only the shakes 6 or 8 weeks out from their show. I like metrx its the only protein drink that does not bloat my stomache.

I competed in powerlifting but I did do a few bobybuilding shows I did the metrx diet it was so easy and worked great I dont understand why more people arent using it? Lee labrada was the first pro to do it then Curtis leffeler
basicly you drink a metrx shake with something like brown rice or oatmeal or grits 6 to 8 times per day some guys drink only the shakes 6 or 8 weeks out from their show. I like metrx its the only protein drink that does not bloat my stomache.

Did you place well in the bodybuilding shows?

So wait, you're saying with this MetRX diet all they did was drink protein shakes and then consume some sort of carb source? They didn't eat meats or anything at all? That sounds like you'd be even more starving if you were getting all your protein from liquid.

Am I wrong?

They were small time local shows but I won. Those shakes are so good in a shaker with some ice. I read an artical many years back about Curtis lefeler how he drank just Metrx 8 wks prior to a show he was shreadded hes dead now unfortunatly. But an artical about Lee labrada is what got me to try it I have googled it and come up with nothing?
it takes the guesswork out of dieting and like I said those shakes are yummy I had a friend years back that did the same thing he went to the junior nats didnt win but placed well third I think?

Just wondering what keeps you guys sane when you're prepping for a contest. One thing I've found that is nice is I've taken vitamin water zero (the zero calorie kind with stevia) and made popsicles with it. It satisfies my sweet tooth a little which is nice (I sure wish there was a way to completely eliminate my sugar craving).

Other than that though with all the bland food, hunger, etc. it's hard to keep from going mad. Just wondering how you guys handle it?

Results keep me sane and motivated.

Interesting... Whenever I drink a liquid meal it always leaves me feeling much hungrier than if I had actually ate a meal instead. Nonetheless it sounds interesting especially if they're as yummy as you say!

Those were meal replacements right? I notice that I don't stay full very long with just 2 scoops of whey VS a meal replacement drink which is thicker.

Oh yeah, I didn't think about the fact that they were likely meal replacements vs straight whey. That would make a difference in keeping you fuller for longer.

Well....I learned that I need to start my diet early so I don't need to eliminate more than 500 to 600 calories a day from my off season "maintenance diet". My goal is to loose 3lbs every 2 weeks and if I go over I immediately have a re-feed day. This slower process keeps me from getting so hungry/or have cravings.

I do believe an EFA stack helps me with my hunger and I have in the past (bad habit) chewed Copenhagen which also helped. I definitely would not recommend the tobacco but since you ask that is what I did.

The more bland I eat the less I crave. If I add smth sweet into my dietbevenbifbit is a diet coke, sweet whey shake or even sweatener - forget about it... I start craving sugary foods a lot. I still do not get how some of the guys can diet with cans of diet coke or loads of splenda packs on everything, when I eat sweat - I crave for a sweat when I don't - I don't, it is hard for a week or two but then all the cravings goes away.

Well....I learned that I need to start my diet early so I don't need to eliminate more than 500 to 600 calories a day from my off season "maintenance diet". My goal is to loose 3lbs every 2 weeks and if I go over I immediately have a re-feed day. This slower process keeps me from getting so hungry/or have cravings.

I do believe an EFA stack helps me with my hunger and I have in the past (bad habit) chewed Copenhagen which also helped. I definitely would not recommend the tobacco but since you ask that is what I did.

Haha... So maybe this is why my trainer is chewing tabaco all the time?

I had no idea that satisfied cravings. Don't worry, I won't start!

I just chew gum in between meals, it sucks but works. And I watch the Food Network and dream of all the food I see cooked. Eat St is the absolute worst, I have so many ideas and recipes floating around so vividly in my head right now Im sure I'll forget soon as the shows over, lol. Like peanut butter pulled pork sandwich with jam infused bacon added in....who wouldnt want that? I will make it thats for sure sounds easy enough. Donut showdown hurts to watch too but I PVR the damn show Im addicted to it, lol.

Crystal light, chewing gum, results. Also learning how to cook helps....learn to make your diet food tasty without adding calories....it can be done

I go read. Take my iPad to a park and leave my house. The breaking of the routine helps me the most I have found out.

Gum, Sugar free popsicles, Coffee, and staying busy. Gotta keep in mind that someone else is dieting and training harder than you at all times!!!

Honest to goodness, the mirror keeps me sane and from cheating.

Progress & results keep me sane and happy. Knowing I'm not there yet keeps me from cheating.

I get both of those things from simply looking in the mirror!

When I get really nitty for something sweet, diet cherry Dr. pepper does the trick!

To reiterate things previously mentioned:

Keeping busy is great. If you just stare at the clock waiting for your next meal then prep is a terrible experience.

Also, eating sweet things leads to craving more sweet things. Switching from carb free ketchup to mustard, splenda packets to cinnamon and cayenne, crystal light to unsweetened tea. Makes all the difference. Plus after a week your pallet will be reset and things like cucumber will taste like CANDY.

Lastly and most important, it is the drive to WIN and to look your BEST.

I did the metrx diet it was so easy and worked great I dont understand why more people arent using it?

I just did the math on this and the cost is approx. $10 a day, that's not bad I spend way more than that on chicken, eggs and lean beef.

I would have to do more research before giving this a go.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear