• Labor/Skilled Labor

Votes: 237 29.4%
  • Accounting

Votes: 31 3.8%
  • Non-Profit

Votes: 11 1.4%

• Total voters
notice almost half are LE.

yeah, well. im in LE. not gonna say where or anything, to protect my identity furthermore than a screename. but you know what, a lot of LE use gear. it helps with the job. if we can make ourselves bigger, stronger, and faster than criminals to make the world safer, then why not.

yeah, well. im in LE. not gonna say where or anything, to protect my identity furthermore than a screename. but you know what, a lot of LE use gear. it helps with the job. if we can make ourselves bigger, stronger, and faster than criminals to make the world safer, then why not.
Completely agree with the above, I remember a workmate of Steve Kuclo sayng how criminals were scared when they saw Steve...

I´m a construction egineer and currently studying water engineering and working at the town hall, I realy like it, I´ve been here 3 months bu if can stay for some years it would be nice

MI5 :cool:

I work in retail, as the manager of a small business. I've been in this line of work for over 10 years. I dropped out of college when I was younger and I feel like I'm somewhat stuck. I make decent money, though not what I would be making had I finished college. I'd love to finish school at some point but financially it's not in the cards right now. One good thing is that my job does give me a good deal of freedom when it comes to my training and nutrition, as I have plenty of time for both. I'd say I'm satisfied, but not overly happy, about where I'm at right now.

Funeral director/mortician For about 14 years or so. I like it but i will be going back to school for my R.N. There is just so much opportunity in that field, and i have taken a lot of sciences already.

Commercial Insurance - Underwriting. I hope to be doing something else in the next few years. I'd like to work for myself, i feel i would be much more motivated at work and make more money.

Communications Coordinator for a major construction association. I can't really see myself fitting into any of the above categories, but I went with administrative anyway!

Analytics Leader for a mega-conglomerate. Substantial money with equal stress.

My passion is music so I'd rather sell/write songs for the music industry but for now it's just a very expensive 'hobby'.

VP o f a small manufacturing company. Worked my way from the bottom to the top over 20 years. Personally designed and built most of the equipment we use today. Did the night school thing while working all the way through 3 degrees engineering / leadership / MBA. I am what i refer to as a blue collar guy with a white collar title...i'm not ahppy unless i have my hands in something mechanical. thats why i love small business i can manage the numbers but still get out there with my people and make things happen. I really do love it even though it drives me crazy alot of days.

I work in a Max Security prison...mostly lifers, rapists, serial killers, and pedofials...great environment. I work in segregation, so we house the the real screwups...staff assaulters, guys who've just gotten in fights/stabbings, head cases, piss and shit bombers you name it we got 'em. The good thing is I can go to work see a guy smear himself in his own excrement, slice his wrists and paint himself in blood or witness a stabbing and still go home without it bothering me or feel the need to talk about it to my wife.

I work for an big advertising agency here in London as a Project Manager.

I've been doing this for over 2 years (I'm 38 now), but I'd really like a change.

The money is very good, but as I get older I realise money isn't everything (with 3 kids though it helps).

Like to get into Personal Training, but wonder if it's too late for that ship.

Im a trainer and love what i do, the fact that i get to help people is great and my heart is def in it... But on the other side, the gym used to be my release and after just recently prepping for two shows that were 3 wks apart... I found that training became more of an extention of work than something i love to do.. maybe next year i will trian at a differant gym

I am a IT systems engineer for a very large corp.
Can't complain, good pay, flexible hours, nice office environment etc. I have been here for 13 years and I am very comfortable, but I want to own/operate my own restaurant in 3 years.

cops, construction and sales...............lol

Analytics Leader for a mega-conglomerate. Substantial money with equal stress.

What sort of education got you to this position? If I were to go into industry, this sounds like something I might be interested in... I'm currently a full-time student in Economics/Mathematics. Within the next year I'll be applying to PhD programs in Economics. I haven't completely ruled out looking for a job instead of graduate school however...

I also work part-time in a consulting firm doing some industry research, as well as planning training workshops and large conferences for business owners.

You'd never guess by looking at me

Nuclear Medicine Technology.
I'll let everyone digest that for a minute...........I work in a hospital. Nuclear Med is a part of radiology but we image physiological disorders. We only care how it works.;)
Love my job. Been doing it for 20 years. The only things I can see myself doing when I retire is owning a studio gym or doing body work for classic car restoration.
Yes.....My hobbies are far removed from what I do for a living.

yup

cops, construction and sales...............lol

so far my predictions were correct. i posted this poll with some theories of my own and wanted to see if i was right and i am right.
it makes alot of sense in my opinion.

i did not know there would be guys with such unique jobs. some of them i have never heard of. but as far as the poll it looks exactly like i thought it would.
interesting...
we are such a unique group of people.
-JS

What sort of education got you to this position? If I were to go into industry, this sounds like something I might be interested in... I'm currently a full-time student in Economics/Mathematics. Within the next year I'll be applying to PhD programs in Economics. I haven't completely ruled out looking for a job instead of graduate school however...

I also work part-time in a consulting firm doing some industry research, as well as planning training workshops and large conferences for business owners.

After 13 years in this line of work, my immediate insight for you is that education is only a fraction of the determining factor; education will help you get your ticket stamped for entry. The deferentiator is how you perform on the job. You can have all the education in the world in this business, but if you lack vision, insight, common sense and optimal critical thinking you will fail. I was hiring a lead analyst last year, and I turned down over 10 folks with either a MS or PhD in Statistics/Mathematics/Economics and ended up going with someone with a BS in Business. He had the most business knowledge, a good head on his shoulders, and great communication. I needed a leader just as much as someone who was analytically sound. They often are not concomitant.

I am not trying to dissuade you or anyone else from furthering their education, but want to give you first hand knowledge that education becomes secondary after so many years in an industry. Performance is king.

so far my predictions were correct. i posted this poll with some theories of my own and wanted to see if i was right and i am right.
it makes alot of sense in my opinion.

i did not know there would be guys with such unique jobs. some of them i have never heard of. but as far as the poll it looks exactly like i thought it would.
interesting...
we are such a unique group of people.
-JS

Guy Smiley, since you're the catalyst of this thread, would you mind telling us what you do for a living? Cheers!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws