advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What length for my first Cycle (Testosterone E)

shutupnlift

Newbies
Hey there,

I plan to run a first steroid cycle of Testosterone E. I am not sure of how long I should plan to be on. I have the following things at home:

Arimidex 90x1 mg
Tamoxifen 100x 20 mg
Clomid 40x 50 mg
Cabergoline 20x2 mg
Testosterone E 50 ml
HGH 1'200 iu (generic, but all fine, tested it out for 3 weeks)
Finasteride 60x 5 mg
HCG 15'000 iu

When I was a teenager, I had pretty bad acne (primarily in my face) and treated it with Roaccutane (1.5 years). Today, it is not much of a problem anymore.

Cycle Plan

starting out with 250 mg e5d (first 2 months at least) -> then maybe increase to 300-350 e5d
including 0.25 mg of Arimidex (e2d) to have Estrogen under control
(maybe Finasteride @0.5mg daily) to have DHT unter control
blood is planned to be done 3 weeks after first injection (DHT, estrogen, testosterone, prolactin and liver/kidney etc.), and then going-forward all 6 weeks and of course 8 weeks after PCT (LH/FSH, Testosterone, Estrogen, Prolactin)

PCT (12 days after last injection)
(maybe HCG 4 weeks before PCT, @ 250 iu e3.5d)
Nolvadex 20mg for 6 weeks
Clomid 100 mg for 1 week, 50 mg for 3 weeks
no more Arimidex
3g of Vitamin C daily

Questions:

1) Do I have to worry about gyno when using Arimidex 0.25 mg e2d? Or should I maybe only do e3d 0.25mg? (might be enough for 250 e5d)

2) I hear a lot of negative things about the use of finasteride. However, I've also read that in low doses @ around 0.6 mg (ed) it helps to reduce DHT by around 40-50%. Wouldn't this measure also help against hair loss and acne? What do you think about using finasteride only on cycle to bring DHT to normal ranges during cycle?

3) As I plan to do around 8 weeks of 250 e5d (as a start), how long should my cycle in total be? I thought of everything between 3 - 7 months (7 be the upper limit). If I'd do more than 3 months, however, I would slightly increase dosage of Test E over time. What do you thing is the best option for me in terms of length? My HPTA will be screwed anyway and I will have to do PCT, so therefore it makes sense in my eyes to stay on as long as possible or as long as recovery in PCT is not critically affected?

4) Should I use HCG while on cycle? If yes, I would plan to do 250 iu twice a week, but should I inject HCG from the beginning or only 4 weeks before the last injection in order to bring testicles back to normal size?

5) What is the difference in after-cycle regeneration when you do 3 months instead of 7? Is there anyone with experience? I mean, in general it is of course the case that the longer the cycle - the longer the body needs to recover for your own testosterone level. But after what length of cycle is recovery in PCT critically affected? What is the optimum spot? 4 months?

Last edited:
Hey there,

I plan to run a first steroid cycle of Testosterone E. I am not sure of how long I should plan to be on. I have the following things at home:

Arimidex 90x1 mg
Tamoxifen 100x 20 mg
Clomid 40x 50 mg
Cabergoline 20x2 mg
Testosterone E 50 ml
HGH 1'200 iu (generic, but all fine, tested it out for 3 weeks)
Finasteride 60x 5 mg
HCG 15'000 iu

When I was a teenager, I had pretty bad acne (primarily in my face) and treated it with Roaccutane (1.5 years). Today, it is not much of a problem anymore.

Cycle Plan

starting out with 250 mg e5d (first 2 months at least) -> then maybe increase to 300-350 e5d
including 0.25 mg of Arimidex (e2d) to have Estrogen under control
(maybe Finasteride @0.5mg daily) to have DHT unter control
blood is planned to be done 3 weeks after first injection (DHT, estrogen, testosterone, prolactin and liver/kidney etc.), and then going-forward all 6 weeks and of course 8 weeks after PCT (LH/FSH, Testosterone, Estrogen, Prolactin)

PCT (12 days after last injection)
(maybe HCG 4 weeks before PCT, @ 250 iu e3.5d)
Nolvadex 20mg for 6 weeks
Clomid 100 mg for 1 week, 50 mg for 3 weeks
no more Arimidex
3g of Vitamin C daily

Questions:

1) Do I have to worry about gyno when using Arimidex 0.25 mg e2d? Or should I maybe only do e3d 0.25mg? (might be enough for 250 e5d)

2) I hear a lot of negative things about the use of finasteride. However, I've also read that in low doses @ around 0.6 mg (ed) it helps to reduce DHT by around 40-50%. Wouldn't this measure also help against hair loss and acne? What do you think about using finasteride only on cycle to bring DHT to normal ranges during cycle?

3) As I plan to do around 8 weeks of 250 e5d (as a start), how long should my cycle in total be? I thought of everything between 3 - 7 months (7 be the upper limit). If I'd do more than 3 months, however, I would slightly increase dosage of Test E over time. What do you thing is the best option for me in terms of length? My HPTA will be screwed anyway and I will have to do PCT, so therefore it makes sense in my eyes to stay on as long as possible or as long as recovery in PCT is not critically affected?

4) Should I use HCG while on cycle? If yes, I would plan to do 250 iu twice a week, but should I inject HCG from the beginning or only 4 weeks before the last injection in order to bring testicles back to normal size?

5) What is the difference in after-cycle regeneration when you do 3 months instead of 7? Is there anyone with experience? I mean, in general it is of course the case that the longer the cycle - the longer the body needs to recover for your own testosterone level. But after what length of cycle is recovery in PCT critically affected? What is the optimum spot? 4 months?

1. Never heard of anyone getting gyno from Adex...maybe you are think rebound?
2.Yes. And some people get sides and some dont. I personally think many people that get the sides are very susceptible to the placebo effect: they read that it causes sexual dysfunction and they have an issue with an erection...boom its fina's fault. I use duta's and dont really have any issues.
3. Dont understand why you would stay on for 7 months...why not just stay on permanently? The longest I was ever on was 20 weeks and recovery was brutal. I stayed off for most of the rest of the year afterwards and it took four or five of those months to feel normal.
4. I would always run it. I ran it at the tail end of my 20 weeker, along with HMG, and it my recovery was still hard. But I recently did a ten weeker and ran it all the way through and felt so much better. No I dont have bloods though.
5. Your body has been shutdown much longer, therefor it will take a much longer time to bounce back. If you are not going the TRT route then I would not do 7 month cycles. Keep them at 12 weeks, IMO

MY FIRST CYCLE WAS 500MG TEST PER WEEK FOR 3 MOS AND HAD SOME NOLVADEX ON HAND IF I NEEDED IT. IF I COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN I WOULD HAVE DONE SOME DBOL FOR THE FIRST 4 WEEKS BUT I DID TOO MUCH RESEARCH AND READ TO MANY ARTICLES AND WAS TRYING TO BE SO SAFE I DECIDED ORALS WERE TOO TOXIC AND I WAS TOO WORRIED ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS. THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO

KEEP IT SIMPLE... YOU HAVE MORE ANCILLARIES IN THERE THAN YOU HAVE GEAR

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/beginners-forum/8446-growth-principles-beginners.html

500mg for 12 weeks then PCT. Done.

What is the reason for not doing a longer cycle?

Wouldn't this make more sense as your HPTA is screwed-up anyway? What is the difference between being on for 3 months or 5 months?

Are those two additional months so bad for your HPTA recovery in your PCT? Will PCT therefore be much more harder?

Has anybody experience with HPTA recovery with cycles of 3 months and cycles of 4 / 5 / 6 months?

What is the reason for not doing a longer cycle?

Wouldn't this make more sense as your HPTA is screwed-up anyway? What is the difference between being on for 3 months or 5 months?

Are those two additional months so bad for your HPTA recovery in your PCT? Will PCT therefore be much more harder?

Has anybody experience with HPTA recovery with cycles of 3 months and cycles of 4 / 5 / 6 months?

I thought I answered these questions...:confused:

I thought I answered these questions...:confused:

Not in that detail that I wish =) I'd like to have more information about HPTA shutdown and how to make it as much "comfortable" as possible.

Is there any evidence from steroid users that 3 month is a lot better for HPTA recovery than for example 5 months?

thanks

First, why are you wanting to go down this route?

Second, have you not researched any of this on your own? Obviously not; go hand your mother a spoon and she will feed you.

Your last question, without any scientific backing, it's common sense....if you spend the same amount of money each day, working yourself into debt, what time frame is going to accumulate the most debt and provide more difficulty getting out of, 3 months or 5 months....

Answers in Bold

No

I wouldn't worry about it too much with a Test only cycle, especially if you plan on running low dose. I don't think it's necessary, at all

10-12 weeks your first time. No point in pushing it further. Recovery will be harder and take longer. Personally, my first was 500mg(250mg twice a week on Mon-Thurs) and I ran 12 weeks. Recovered great and kept 90% of my gains.

I like to run 500iu HCG(250iu twice a week) throughout the cycle starting the 4th week and continue up to the start of PCT. If your balls never shrink, you won't have to bring them back to normal size ;)

Yes, the longer you stay on, the harder the recovery will be and the chances of not recovering will be greater. So, unless you want to be on TRT for the rest of your life, play it safe and start with baby steps. Just my opinion

Out of curiosity, could you post your stats? Age, height, weight, training experiece, ect....

1) It would depend if your gyno prone or not. For users like me Arimidex doesn't work for me. I'm gyro prone and the only ai that helps is letrozole. Basically you won't know till you start cycling and your a month in or so and you notice your nips becoming irritated or some tissue building up underneath your nipple after time. Time will tell on this

2) Finasteride works and does what it claims to do. Is all you have to do is look at your dad. If he is bald then theirs great chances you will begin to bald quicker than you usually would. If he's not bald that doesn't mean you won't bald either. Theirs still a possibility of you losing hair. You have to understand your using gear and a major side effect is hair loss. So if you don't want to risk losing hair and you really love it then don't use it. In any case the use of finasteride would be helpful and beneficial to you. Also, It does not help against ANCE. If your acne prone theirs many things on the market you could get your hands on. Read through some of the posts on here. Theirs many informative and helpful information for new members here. I am new here myself but I came from another board that I was on for years.

3+4)I would Never run a cycle for 7 months!!! If I was you id run the cycle for 12-14ks at max. Dosing wise i'd run 400-500mg of test. One shot a week won't do much for you. Run hcg at low doses during your cycle just to keep your testiess running so when you stop your pct is a breeze.

5) With a cycle that long you could possibly have some problems in the future regarding your testies producing active sperm cells. A cycle that long would require a significant pct at different does. For someone thats running their first cycle 7 months should not be in your mind. If your training hard and your first cycle consists of 400-500mg a wk of Test then by month 3 everyone you know will notice you went from being a string bean to hurcules:star-wars

Last edited:
Is there any evidence from steroid users that 3 month is a lot better for HPTA recovery than for example 5 months?

Yes, the longer you stay shutdown, the harder will be to recover. Length is even more important than dosages. Your HPTA will recover easier from a massive 3 month cycle than from a year on 200mg test.

A few questions:
  • How old are you?
  • Current stats (height, weight, BF%)
  • Work out routine.
  • Goals (what you want to get out of this cycle)
  • How is your diet (specifics would help)

Depending on the answers, you'll get different recommendations.

Are you prone to male pattern baldness? Without a DHT derivative compound in your stack (like Masteron), I'm not sure I'd mess with Finasteride.

I like 250-300iu's of HCG Saturday and Wednesday. Keeps the fellas lively.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws