advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What macro ratios work best for you whilst cutting?

1ntense

Registered
As the title suggests, what are your preferred macro ratios to cut on?

Please also state whether you are an ecto, meso or endo.

Lower carbs, ecto as fuck.

Haha, that's how I would describe myself too.

How low are we talking and how high on the fats and protein?

Haha, that's how I would describe myself too.

How low are we talking and how high on the fats and protein?

It's all individual bro, it depends where you're starting from. Slowly remove some carbs from whatever you're eating, and see if you lose fat. It's all an adjustmet process based off your current diet.

I don't cut very often so I'm not too sure on the exact macros. Maybe 1.5g/lb protein per day and 0.5-0.75g/lb fat per day?

As I've gotten older I've realized it varies so much from person to person and even ourselves as we age.

I'm maintaining/recomping now at 125 carbs, 315 pro and 115 and love it. I feel great on low carbs and even as I increase calories I don't see myself going over 200 grams carbs.

Ecto/meso 70/30%
47yrs 6ft 205 approx. 7%bf

For me : Pro =300 / Carb=150 / fat=50
Usually reefed on Sat , up carbs to approx. 400

there is no way around carbs for me. I have to keep them low. 100-150 to see any kind of dieting work. not sure on the fat tho. i think i may need to run more fats

somatotype stuff is bullshit imo but i guess you would call me an endo since i like eating lol

carbs over fat all the way for me, otherwise im flat as a pancake within a week and cant lift effectively at all
i rarely cut under 250-300g carbs

keto worked very well when i was natural
the more AAS and "supps" (t3, gh, slin, whatever) come into the equation the more effective carbs become over fat imo.

on tren and t3 high carb cuts work much more effectively for me vs high fat cuts (calories being the same)

i really dont give a shit though, i watch protein and calories, the other stuff is just unnecessary stress and doesnt matter at all unless youre 4 weeks out and further.
i just happen to love carbs and not give a damn about dietary fats in general :)

high carbs

While not intentionally trying to ‘cut’ (whatever the F that means . . .), I was my leanest
and strongest (bodyweight to poundage ratio) when I was on a high carb, low protein,
low fat food plan . . . essentially a vegetarian. The people I was with at the time could not
believe how good I looked, or so they said. Damn . . . I wish I had the foto they took of
me that day when my climbing partner and I returned to camp after a long day on the hot
granite in the Sierra Nevada . . . dehydrated and hungry . . . extremely lean and muscular
for sure.

Did I look like a bodybuilder? No. (I never have.) I’m mostly accused of being gymnast if
I am wearing a tank top or shirtless, which is rare. But I did look like I lifted weights, that
much is for sure.

I was doing heaps of rock climbing at the time so my strength to bodyweight ratio while
important and not the goal, was very good. I drifted to that food plan for health reasons
but long term it was not for me. I never did any cardio, just ate very strict (90% carbs –
5% fat - 5% protein), weight trained total body 3X per week, no drugs, no supplements.

I have zero idea what my total daily caloric intake was. It clearly was below maintenance
level but felt great and had tons of energy. And I won’t speculate on body fat percentage,
only to say it was clearly single digit.

My point is . . . I got incredibly lean on a high carb diet. Now being on HRT, and seeing and
feeling the effects of a boost of testosterone, I shudder to think when I could have looked
like had I ‘supplemented’ simultaneously.

50 grams complex carbs from steamed rice and 50 grams protein from boneless, skinless chicken breasts per meal. 6 meals per day. This is how I used to do things and it worked incredible well. Now that I'm older I lower carbs and add in healthy fats but shoot for the same rough caloric intake.

Under 100gms of carbs to get cut but usually 30 grams or less ketogenic.

I can't do low fat higher carbs. I lose more muscle and can't lose much fat.

No matter what diet I do my protein is also high-ish ie 350-400gms

I've been doing intermittent fasting for almost 3 weeks and I really like it a lot. You can be little more liberal with your carbs on this diet and still lose fat.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I find calories more important. Set a calorie goal and a protein goal. Rest is made up of whatever.
Usually more carbs on training days

Ecto

I find that higher carbs and lower fat works better for me when I diet. I have done high fat/low carb diet in the past, and fat loss stalled plus I got mad gas and diarrhea. I was also very lethargic and hungry throughout the day which didn't help any.

Endo...lower fats for sure. Keep them low pretty much whole time except 1 beef meal and a whole egg or two, start with protein and carbs about equal and slowly taper carbs down replacing with green vegetables.

Studies show that low carbs is the fastest way to lose fat, but over the long run, any diet will yield similar results.

I'm pretty impatient so I will try low carbs, but then I'll be miserable so I'm better off doing moderate carbs.

Under 100gms of carbs to get cut but usually 30 grams or less ketogenic.

I can't do low fat higher carbs. I lose more muscle and can't lose much fat.

No matter what diet I do my protein is also high-ish ie 350-400gms

I've been doing intermittent fasting for almost 3 weeks and I really like it a lot. You can be little more liberal with your carbs on this diet and still lose fat.

Been wanting to dabble with this kinda diet.. Can you show us what it looks like on a daily for you? Thanks bro!

Been wanting to dabble with this kinda diet.. Can you show us what it looks like on a daily for you? Thanks bro!

Sure. If doing a standard eating protocol meaning you are not doing intermittent fasting this would be an example:

Breakfast: 3 whole eggs and 4 to 5 slices of full fat bacon and sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese.

Mid morning a whey shake made in heavy cream or water with a few tbsp of cocunut oil, flax oil or fish oil. If this mid morning shake is post workout like mine is then a few scoops of whey in water.

Lunch could be 2 full fat burgers or bacon cheddar burgers using mayo not ketchup. Or a few grilled chicken breasts topped with lots of bacon and cheddar on top...sometimes pepperoni.

Another whey shake.

Dinner is often similar to lunch. Or steak or bunch of steak ums etc. Whatever you want as long as it's high fat and low carb.

The caloric macro breakdown is 60% fat/35% protein/5% carbs. Shoot for under 30 grams a day if carbs.

That's a ball park. I eat like this from Saturday to Friday am post workout where I start eating carbs which lasts all day Friday. Post workout is usually 3 bags of oatmeal and a few scoops of whey maybe a lpw fat pop tart. Lunch is chicken and rice or pasta or maybe more oatmeal again. Sometimes a few everything bagels with turkey. I graze on protein bars or pop tarts all day but have to keep fat low this day like under 30 to 50 grams.

Right now I'm doing intermittent fasting and it's going to be 3 weeks Monday. I like it so far. I'm planning to do ketogenic with intermittent fasting starting Monday. My eating schedule is 12 noon to 6pm then I fast for 18 hours. It's 18:6.

Sometimes on workout days I'll have a shake post workout at 10am or if I can hold out I wait until 12 noon.

Endo / Ecto -- yea, I can be big and fat or small and lean, but not both

Recently went through my worst cut in 10 years. Protein never went under 250gm (usually 300+) and cardio never over 25 min per day. Averaged around 300mg hormones per week.

Low carb with IF 2x per week. Went from somewhat fat 205lb to fairly lean 175 over six months. Subjectively I feel I lost too much lean mass.

Ok, that's the bad news. The good news is that I made some changes that are making a huge difference:

Back down to TRT levels. Cardio is now mostly HIIT. Lowered protein to 200gm. Raised carbs to 300gm. Fat still around 80gm. Changed training to high volume / high reps / lower weight.

One month into this and recomping nicely. Weight holding 175 but leaner and fuller. Plan on raising carbs VERY slowly and holding 185-190 until next Spring.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws