over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What makes a person a Vet????

Maverick

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What do you guys consider is the criteria for a member to be considered a vet? Does he have to be a member for over a year, have a huge amount of posts, have quality posts, be a memeber fo 10 boards??? What is the general thought on this. Can you be a vet with like 50 posts but every post is good well said info. Can you be a vet with 5000 posts but every post is a one liner???

Maverick

vets are bullshit...

i am a "vet" by every defeniition of the word, however, i wont be called that cuz i think its gay...

its about as gay as putting that you are a mod at 5 different boards in your sig.

i think it makes sense to listen to people that have a history of giving sound information... wether they have been online for a month or a decade.

I tend to agree with GERM but can't figure out why he only has 3 boards in his sig - HAHAHA :)

The problem with someone new being associated as a vet, you don't know or can't tell what they know until they've been around awhile. Seen some people come on and make one ot two good posts then don't see 'em again - hard to call them a vet.

xcelbeyond said:
I tend to agree with GERM but can't figure out why he only has 3 boards in his sig - HAHAHA :)

The problem with someone new being associated as a vet, you don't know or can't tell what they know until they've been around awhile. Seen some people come on and make one ot two good posts then don't see 'em again - hard to call them a vet.

i could only think of 3 at the time...

I agree....A believe a vet is someone who is well established on one or more boards that posts quality, correct, useful information on a regular basis...regularly reponds to questions...and is an overall valuable asset to have on a board.

There are members on the boards I frequent that I think are vets per se...but the answer to this question is different for everone...and in the end titles mean jack shit.

I think a vet is someone who has the letters B B and J in their username.

I had thought...

I had always thought that a vet was someone on this board with extensive time and experience with training, diet, and gear. This is most likely someone with several competitions under their belt (no pun intended), perhaps even in more than one aspect of the "iron game."

Lot's of posts, which may be responses to others, jokes, political commentary, or stories about your girl/dog/boy/night out/latest fight/latest sex, etc., etc., don't necessarily make one a vet.

Just my opinion, of course.

BIGKIWI said:
a few years vetrinarian colllege and your there :)

Now THAT'S what makes a vet.

G.E.R.M said:
i think it makes sense to listen to people that have a history of giving sound information... wether they have been online for a month or a decade.

I agree except for the part about a month or a decade. I thing the 'history' you mentioned indicates a formidable amount of time served. I couldnt see it as any less the 6mo-and then the person would have to exhibit brilliance for that short time.

xcelbeyond said:

I think it's cos GERM is only 3/5ths a vet... keep at it though... :)

I agree with xcel and MikeS who are always on the money. There have been very well known and public figures come on these boards before, or people of brilliance, but they're gone in a flash.

Also some well known people who have stuck around for 6 months to make some quick dodgy dollars.

I think it's just a broad term and I wouldn't get too hung up on it, unless as KIWI says you've done your 5 years at uni and STILL no one will call you a bloody vet. IronMike :p

PS - might add I don't think it is just persons who say the most and have the biggest profile. I wouldn't bother responding just to restate what someone has already posted, or agree with someone who knows more than me on a subject.

PPS - I think there has to be a certain amount of trust about the individual also, hence time would have to come into it somewhat

I thinkit is time put in, but you dont just get to put vet in your sig you have to earn it.

You have to earn it from top admins such as basskiller and blackdream, Big A ,scorpio. once they grant you that status then you are among the top bros. as far as the internet goes.

BIGKIWI said:
a few years vetrinarian colllege and your there :)

Go to vet school on a military scholarship, while competing in BBing and cruising the boards giving sound advice, info and insight, serve your country in the military (while still competing), retire and go into private practice and make sure to help out your fellow BB'ers with appropriate "supplements"...

Now THEN, you're a vet!!!

-R

I think just abvout every person that has done this, has something to bring to the table. This is a learning process and we all are learning everyday.

Steak Helmet said:
I think just abvout every person that has done this, has something to bring to the table. This is a learning process and we all are learning everyday.

that was a very un-vetly thing to say... :D

BigBoyJ said:
I think a vet is someone who has the letters B B and J in their username.

|--[\\\]>------ R the letters B B and A close enuff?

homonunculus said:
Go to vet school on a military scholarship, while competing in BBing and cruising the boards giving sound advice, info and insight, serve your country in the military (while still competing), retire and go into private practice and make sure to help out your fellow BB'ers with appropriate "supplements"...

Now THEN, you're a vet!!!

-R

Randy, what branch were you in?

bigbadasian said:
|--[\\\]>------ R the letters B B and A close enuff?

BBJ, BBA.....yeah I guess that'll work. At least it rhymes.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear