over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What makes you laugh in the gym?

Okay now i dont know if i should laugh or be pissed i get mixed feelings about this but,

There was this linky boy i was training hes about 16 he acted like some bad shit struting around being "hardcore" so right before i got started i asked him Whats your max bench and squat well he said last week i was benching around 325 or so and i was like pshtttt you did 325 and he said well it may have been 320 but yea....and i was O.K. Come with me

So i lead him to the flat bench and slap on 325.....He couldnt even get it off the rack......so i was like wow you really lagged up since last week then he said yea i dont feel well so i was like ok ill put on 185 and he got it off the rack and it went straight to his chest and i had to get it off him....

God That shit pissed me off i have to say but now im kinda laughing at it..:rolleyes:

I am a firm believer in "Lift and let lift"...however.... I do get a few grins from time to time. I have one guy who does full body convulions on every lift. On the low cable on what might be a shoulder exercise, he takes the cable down to the floor, rips it up and across his body so hard his feet literally come off the floor. Its like he is trying to start the worlds biggest lawnmower. The same cat does "full body" lat pulldowns to where his body is at a90 degree angle with the stack. A set of ten anythings takes less than 4 seconds.

I watch this sometimes in awe to see what is going to explode but he has been doing it for years. He comes up to me every once in a while and seems like a good guy, I never mention the "technique", well, because somethings are just ingrained.

The other dude I chuckle at is a guy about me age who ties up his shirt like a girl. The guy is almost fifty, out of shape, weak, and has an unbelievable positive self image apparently. I wish I could channel some of that.

Pekkerwood

Its funny that some ppl only work out there upperbody and never workout legs.....fking idoits!

Nothing makes me laugh anymore, I used to criticize everyone ones training after I had been training only 2 years and now I realize that after 10 years of training how much time I was wasting. I could care less how much weight people use now, how far they can lift it or in what manner, and I certainly dont want to be that annoying person that wants to give the free training advice, but I dont want to see someone get hurt either. I guess if one thing bothered me it would be the fact that 95% of people who train whether they have a good, bad or perfect physique all are experts on the subject of bodybuilding and half of them know shit about fundamentals, for example, when i trained in cancun mexico, I over heard this young guy (speaking in english) asking the biggest guy in the gym about low volume high intensity training, this guy who was gargantuan I should add, responded " If you want to build hard core muscle yah gotta do the sets! ". These days I throw the head sets on, rack the weight and shoot for two more reps than last week.

We got a younger guy that works out with two of his buddy's a few times per week. The all wear the same cutoff white tees and basketball shorts, with jordan's. The ring leader is about 5'11" 185 and at least 25%bf the other two are smaller but similar with minimal muscle. They only train arms and a little bit of chest. Never touch legs or cardio.

One day I was getting ready to train with my partner and we weighed in. I weighed so did my buddy, those three were watching us. Later on, we are doing incline dumbells and they are standing there and i guess he figured he was far enough away we couldn't hear him, he is like I am bigger than both those guys, they don't even know what they are doing, I should be training them too. We both started laughing when we heard it and I guess then he realized it and walked away at first. Later I was getting a drink and asked him if he wanted to join us working out, I said that tomorrow is leg day so come on. He told me he doesn't need to do leg workouts because sometimes he does sprints and already has great legs. I just shook my head and walked away. He hasn't talked to me or my partner since.

I did see him max out on bench the next day. He threw 225 on and had both his training partners help with his 3 reps non of which he did alone.

I like everyone and am nice to anyone in the gym offering advice and spots whereever needed, but when someone tries to act like a billybadass it just erks me, especially when they don't know anything about lifting or fitness.

I try not to interfere unless I see that the person would appreciate it, because sometimes you don't know why, for example, they don't workout legs. I don't workout my legs for several months out of the year because of my job. Money first, muscle later.

I think it's funny when some loud mouthed guy complains that he just can't gain any muscle. He says he eats and eats but it doesn't work. Is he really surprised that chips and beer don't do it!:eek:

Old farts in the locker room

You know, the old dude that seems to always be changing as you come in to lock your stuff up?

For example, the other day as I was leaving the pool heading to the showers, there were these two old dudes, both stark naked, one standing at his locker, the other sitting right in front of him (slowly putting his socks on or something). They're just jabbering away, with the standing guys weiner directly at face height, maybe a foot away from the other dudes face. (for me that's too close for comfort, but I guess they're old school). So I go shower, come back 5 minutes later, dude was still tea baggin' old boy! I try to be quick about my business in there.

You know, the old dude that seems to always be changing as you come in to lock your stuff up?

For example, the other day as I was leaving the pool heading to the showers, there were these two old dudes, both stark naked, one standing at his locker, the other sitting right in front of him (slowly putting his socks on or something). They're just jabbering away, with the standing guys weiner directly at face height, maybe a foot away from the other dudes face. (for me that's too close for comfort, but I guess they're old school). So I go shower, come back 5 minutes later, dude was still tea baggin' old boy! I try to be quick about my business in there.

Dude, thats some funny shit. But so true in every gym. I used to go to this one gym where I guess there was a problem with old naked guys hanging around too long with no clothes on. They actually put a sign up that said "No naked loitering in the locker room"

full frontal male nudity sucks in any gym. the worst though is when you walk into the locker room to the old guy stark naked bent over putting socks on. nothing like walking in and seing old wrinkly brown cheerio. that will throw your work out way off eeww.

NO SHIT

full frontal male nudity sucks in any gym. the worst though is when you walk into the locker room to the old guy stark naked bent over putting socks on. nothing like walking in and seing old wrinkly brown cheerio. that will throw your work out way off eeww.

LMAO

some old senile guy actually took a crap on our gyms spa, and then i guess had it in his hand and tried to throw it away, so there was crap on the spa, a trash can in the locker room and his hand. gym staff had to clean it all up too. that must have sucked. i found it funny though

String tank tops. On anyone. Fanny packs. Otomix boots.
spandex. Go to the gym, workout, go home, eat. NOT, go to the gym, chat, train, chat,chat,chat, train, chat, cardio beside the hot girl, chat, chat, go to hooters after, fall asleep alone with pecker in hand still wearing your "cool" tapout shirt.

squats

Guys loading up the bar screamin and yellin to do squats....or at least they call it squating.....more like 1/4 squats with a bit of good morning type of movements.....

And then they'd come over and ask my opinion...big mistake....I tell them the truth...I was a competitve power lifter in the 220-242 and then the super's...what do I know about squating...

Last week a big dude had loaded up the bench with 4 plates, stood with one foot on the bench looking around making sure everybody saw how much weight he had loaded up changed legs a couple times walked around the bench a couple times got some water then pealed it down to 225 and did a couple reps and walked away. I wonder if he ever impressed anyone in the gym that day. lol

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws