over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What OTC meds to help with Elbow pain

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys I went ahead and had my doc shoot my left elbow with cortisone yesterday because lightening up the workouts and taking Naproxin wasen't working. He also gave me a bunch of samples of Celebrex to try instead of the Naproxin Sodium.

I intend to not do any tris or pushing chest movements for 7-10 days to let it heal but I was wondering if any of you gys used any sort of topical rubs to help with joint pain , I was thinking about some sort of topical then using a elbow sleeve or wrap.

Be careful with some of the topicals and using wraps/sleeves. You can actually get burns from some.

I dont think any OTC products will be of any benefit since you are on a good cox II inhibitor (celebrex). The ant-inflammatory effects of this should be suffiencient. The "sleeves" can be good for support and keeping the joints warm. Just be careful not continue to overload and stress the joints. Tendonitis is common with repetitive movements so you must allow them to heal.

Hope this helps my friend.

KH

Gunsmith said:
Hey guys I went ahead and had my doc shoot my left elbow with cortisone yesterday because lightening up the workouts and taking Naproxin wasen't working. He also gave me a bunch of samples of Celebrex to try instead of the Naproxin Sodium.

I intend to not do any tris or pushing chest movements for 7-10 days to let it heal but I was wondering if any of you gys used any sort of topical rubs to help with joint pain , I was thinking about some sort of topical then using a elbow sleeve or wrap.

BRO I JUST GOT A CORTISONE SHOT ON FRIDAY AS WELL AND IT HURTS SO BAD RIGHT NOW BUT HAS GOTTEN A LITTLE BETTER,, FRIDAY NIGHT IT HURT FROM MY WRIST TO MY SHOULDER... AS FAR AS ANY TOPICAL RUBS-- I GOT SOME DMSO FROM ONE OF OUR SPONSERS AND I PLANNED TO USE MOTRIN OR ASPIRIN CRUSHED UP AND LET THE DMSO DO ITS MAGIC...

Gunsmith said:

glucosamine/chondroitin helps with joint pain.

I've had elbow pain in both elbows for years. It bounces from one side to the other and it's never both hurting at the same time. Motrin dulls the pain a bit, but it certainly doesn't make it feel fantastic. Post chest/tri workouts I HAVE to take Motrin just to sleep at night. I've been taking glucosomine for many months and if it's helping I'd hate to see how I feel without it in my system.

I was taking Naproxin Sodium up to 3 times per day at 440mgs per dose and it was eating my gut up bad , I knew it was time to go to the next step.
The shot hurt pretty bad not as bad the couple shoulder shots I've had though and the sorness is about gone now.

I got a couple elbow wraps , well larger knee wraps , and coated the elbow down with absorbine jell , not the absorbine jr but the real shit from the feed store , by the way guys this shit works great for sore joints and muscles.

I was doing heavy overhead tri presses with a dumbell when I hurt it , it ached everyday and was bad on chest and arm days got to the point that my bench reps were way down as well as the weight.

I started back on the glucosimine , condroitian and msm last week but haven't seen anything from it yet. I think alot of the problem is comming from dropping my bodyweight down , I haven't been this light or lean in about 8 yrs , all my joints are a little achey. Hel maybe its part of getting older:p

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131