over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What other hobbies do you guys have?

I mean this in the friendliest way;

But I see now why you do all the work on your car lol and I think it’s amazing you can, too..

But yea with that kind of salary, you can definitely afford the car and many things in life, especially if you’re smart which you seem to be..

But story time lol;

Have a close friend who has a friend who decided because he made a good salary and he could afford exotic cars that he could afford everything about the car...

Well dude buys a F430 used (this was a years ago when the 458 first came out), about 120k, they’re still baller, I love them personally...

Dude fucks up the clutch and gets like a 13k bill... He wanted to fucking die..

“Bro wtf blah blah blah”

People always forget to include maintenance and accidents into the equation, especially with a toy that expensive...

His 160k a year salary (before taxes) didn’t seem to be so big that year... Needless to say he got rid of the car...

Yeah, that is exactly the reason I didn't buy a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. I did buy the Porsche though since maintenance isn't quite as expensive. For the most part it didn't cost me much until this recent development with the cam shaft. While the engine is out I am having them do a bunch of other work too like a new water pump etc. Hopefully this will be the biggest thing I run into. We have a family member that bought a 911 shortly after I bought mine and he just sold it. I think he couldn't afford the upkeep. He did go out and buy a new Mustang gt350 though. Being new and having a warranty helps you sleep at night.

when my wife and her boyfriend are having their 'adult time', i'll take their sons to the park to throw around the ol' pig skin

Youre the beta male?

well, her boyfriend is actually a really cool guy. I can see why she likes him.

he bought me a Nintendo switch last week for my birthday
Lmao [emoji23]

Nintendo switch [emoji23]

I bet he doesn't even use DNP to get shredded, he's that alpha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Haha yup! No offense taken man - If i had the kind of money I could just throw around then i probably wouldn't have forced myself to become a DIY'er. I did, too, choose the 458 because it's a DCT dual clutch box which is leaps and bounds more reliable than the f1 in the f430's (i used to have an f430 - i love the look of them, too, but they are such a step back compared to the new supercars). 458's are really reliable and I do alright in the markets and with cryptos in the past so big bill wouldn't impact me financially where id be struggling but it would absolutely hurt given my salary. So far no issues I've had a few supercars and haven't had a moment of "fuck I've made a mistake" couple big bills but i just expect it and have a side slush fund for it

Yea that’s why I asked lol

Usually it’s 1 of 3 things

1) The guy with so much money 300k is like $300 and he can literally buy a new one every week and not run out of money.

2) The guy who makes a good salary (out of luck it seems like lol) and spends every cent of it trying to impress people and show off but can’t see past their nose in terms of future and consequences etc

3) The very rare, but guys like you who make good money and can make that money work for them on top of it instead of just seeing how much they can spend.. By doing this intelligently you can live and look like a millionaire without all the added stress of trying to make more and more etc (the rabbit hole rich people usually fall into.)

I enjoy meeting people like that, I only know 2 guys in person like that but as I got close with them and I got to ask about their successes and I heard actual numbers I started learning myself about investing and spending wisely..

Yeah, that is exactly the reason I didn't buy a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. I did buy the Porsche though since maintenance isn't quite as expensive. For the most part it didn't cost me much until this recent development with the cam shaft. While the engine is out I am having them do a bunch of other work too like a new water pump etc. Hopefully this will be the biggest thing I run into. We have a family member that bought a 911 shortly after I bought mine and he just sold it. I think he couldn't afford the upkeep. He did go out and buy a new Mustang gt350 though. Being new and having a warranty helps you sleep at night.

I LOVE Porsche!

If I could pick one of my top cars of all time it’s a 993 Porsche 911 GT2...

What a fucking investment that would’ve been a few years ago.. 50-70k to selling now for 400-500k+ lol

Don’t know if I’ll ever own one.. lol

I miss the shit out of my 87 rx-7 turbo II. That car was an absolute monster. Garret td06 20g turbo. It had a pretty aggressive bridge port on the rotary motor. Ported throttle body with first butterflies removed. Copper clutch. Aftermarket intercooler and blow off valve. Made about 27 psi of boost. I removed all factory engine components for smog and emissions(Utah has no emissions testing laws...you just have to have your factory catalytic convertor so i would put it back on every other year when it was testing time) it had a straight exhaust with no mufflers or cats. blew huge flames out the exhaust, lol. I removed the factory oil pump and had to pre mix it like a two stroke motor. Ran 100 low lead airplane fuel in it. I had a buddy that worked at a small airport that id get it from. Fastest track time i ever ran on it was a 10.26 quarter. That car was such a blast and when i moved to AZ i sold it to my buddy

I love rx7s, sounds like yours was a lot of fun! I wanted to drop an LS motor in one of those haha that or a porsche 944. They are small and light, becomes a rocket with a v8!

Last edited:
I love rx7s, sounds like yours was a lot of fun! I wanted to drop an LS motor in one of those haha that or a porsche 944. They are small and light, becomes a rocket with a v8!

Ya ive seen some LS and 5.0 swapped ones that were pretty awesome

I love boating and fishing but down here in southwest Florida not doing much of either do to the red tide and green algae killing fish and making life hard for businesses that really on the water to make a living.

I like shooting and firearms, playing with my dogs. I like other types of lifting than just bodybuilding.. We compete in powerlifting and I want to start getting into strongman. That's really all I got though. Work and gym takes up most of my time. I've had more than my fair share of hobbies in the past. It really comes down to money, if I didn't spent so damn much on bodybuilding and powerlifting then I could probably afford all the hobbies.

I LOVE Porsche!

If I could pick one of my top cars of all time it’s a 993 Porsche 911 GT2...

What a fucking investment that would’ve been a few years ago.. 50-70k to selling now for 400-500k+ lol

Don’t know if I’ll ever own one.. lol

The 996 is pretty affordable still, but the cost is holding on most and even going up a bit. My 997 turbo I bought depreciated a bit the first 3 years but now it is starting to go up and worth more than when I bought it. The mezger engine helps a lot. In high demand. The gt3s are a lot higher priced because they don't make as many, but it isn't as fast. The gt3 handles better but with the work I had done on my turbo it now handles about like a gt3. If I put some new control arms on it that they can dial in more negative camber it will be as good or better than a stock gt3 in handling and have the pickup of a gt2. Its also nice having AWD.

Look at some 996's. The base or an s model are affordable. Maybe a 4 model if you want the AWD.

Last edited:
Ya ive seen some LS and 5.0 swapped ones that were pretty awesome

A local shop that works on Audi and Volkswagen took a Volkswagen GTI and put in a 5.0 engine. I thought that was pretty cool. They use those engines for a lot of applications. I didn't think it would be possible to fit one in a GTI.

Not really as high skilled as you think. All the unlbolting/bolting you can do yourself. The machining/pressing of parts just take to your local machine shop. All you need is a garage, ton of hand tools, the internet, and a fuckload of time! I've pulled motors, transmissions, etc. All from watching YouTube and reading on car forums.

I had to quit that hobby because of the money and time needed. After I raise the kids I'll be back at it! [emoji4]

YouTube really does help so much doing a lot of things and I have used it for doing lots of repairs around the house. Glad we have it.

I think the hardest thing to do with cars is properly diagnose problems. Reading codes is one thing but figuring out if they are correct is another. Some problems can be really hard to pinpoint.

I had an Audi that was losing engine coolant bad. It was still under warranty. The dealer installed new head gaskets first but that didn't work., still losing coolant. Then they thought it was the turbos, so they gave me two brand new turbos! Still losing coolant. This is after 2 months or more. About the third or forth month they finally called in an engineer from California. They flew him in and everything. Apparently they had this happen only in one other recorded case. After all of that expensive work and parts they figured out it was the oil cooler! Part was like $175 or so,lol. Labor wasn't bad either. I got it all for free. So even professionals have problems. If that were me doing the work I would have run out of money before I was able to fix it.

Yeah yeah, bodybuilding so fun 24/7...:)

What else do you guys like to do?

I'm a big fan of MMA and other combat sports; quite a few nights spent watching older matches or ppv events. Would like to pick it up one day when the push for size is over :)

Read comic books (no bully ) in my spare time, of course enjoy good shows and movies, and like reading a variety of books (way out of my comfort zone) to experience life through another mind :cool:
I jerk off mostly. Its free to do and doesn't require much effort on my part. :)

Last edited:
Play write music. Been in bands since I was 12. The days of playing gigs is over but I still enjoy it and still write for fun.

I used to play video games, but no time or interest for that anymore tbh

Now, when I do have some free time I'll play music (piano, guitar, drums kinda) or go for a motorcycle ride but it's hard to justify 'fun time' when I know there are more productive things I could/should be doing

Like long range shooting and bow hunting, and of course running my hounds

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner