advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What percentage of Bodybuilding success is Genetics, Training, Nutrition and Drugs?

desibaba

Banned
I think on this board we have all seen guys who trained extremely hard, ate properly and took a lot of drugs but because of their genetic limitations never became Pro Bodybuilders. If I were to guess Id say its 50 percent genetics, 20 percent drugs and 15 percent training and 15 percent nutrition if you look at the grand scheme of things. What do you guys think?

I think on this board we have all seen guys who trained extremely hard, ate properly and took a lot of drugs but because of their genetic limitations never became Pro Bodybuilders. If I were to guess Id say its 50 percent genetics, 20 percent drugs and 15 percent training and 15 percent nutrition if you look at the grand scheme of things. What do you guys think?

I think even with drugs, training, food, genetics still is king. I would say 65% is genetics, 15% drugs, 10% training and 10% nutrition.

100% of all of the above

Okay so which Bodybuilders do you guys feel that didnt have that great genetics (compared to other Pros that is) but still did well because they made for it by working harder, more drugs etc? While Dorian had amazing genetics I definitely think he worked a lot harder than Flex Wheeler or Paul Dillett who were simply genetic marvels.

I think genetics is the most overrated aspect.
It all comes down to how hard your willing to hit the gas.
Im more inclined to side that drug tolerance genetics becomes the key to being a pro.

Part of training hard is genetics. Some guys have the genetics for rock solid joints and ligaments. My friend never gets any shoulder, knee, or elbow issues and he lifts hard as hell. For me I could be much further along if it wasn't for all the nagging joints. I suspect its the same with lots if guys.

I think genetics is the most overrated aspect.
It all comes down to how hard your willing to hit the gas.
Im more inclined to side that drug tolerance genetics becomes the key to being a pro.

So you think that the more drugs you can take without getting sick the bigger you will get? If that was the case how come these guys claiming to take 10 grams of gear a week like Boston Lloyd dont look better than Phil Heath or Kai Green?

Part of training hard is genetics. Some guys have the genetics for rock solid joints and ligaments. My friend never gets any shoulder, knee, or elbow issues and he lifts hard as hell. For me I could be much further along if it wasn't for all the nagging joints. I suspect its the same with lots if guys.

This is the same for pro athletes such as football players. They might have speed, good hands, but if they are injury prone..they are no good.

Putting percentages on the importance of all these necessary elements is ridiculous

So you think that the more drugs you can take without getting sick the bigger you will get? If that was the case how come these guys claiming to take 10 grams of gear a week like Boston Lloyd dont look better than Phil Heath or Kai Green?

The only thing I know for fact is that the more drugs you push the bigger you get.
Give ole Boston Lloyd some time, Phil Heath and Kai Green have been pushing 10+grams for a lot longer than him.

This is like asking which is the most important organ in the body, Brain, Heart or Liver...

well you can't really live without ANY of them;however, we still would say brain is the most important but in reality you need them all to survive.... Brain is useless without the heart, and so is heart without the brain

when it comes to bodybuilding, those things all work together ! Without one, you can't maximize your body

But it's the genetics that determine the final product.

Long story, short... Why the fuck does it matter, you need to put your full effort for all of them and if you don't look like a pro at the end, that is just your genetics, but you will look best of what your body can do

Last edited:
Many people are going to disagree with me but I am going to say genetics 100%. Here is why: suppose you want to play pro basketball. You can take all the drugs you want, practice all day long, and have the best diet in the world. But unless you have incredible genetics you will never play like Michael Jordan. In bodybuilding its the same. You can do everything right, but if you don't have the right genetic makeup you are never going to be able to compete with the guys that are doing everything right and have the genetic makeup. Look at all these guys on the internet posting up these incredibly huge cycles and going nowhere. Do you think if they modify their diet and workouts all the sudden they are going to become pro? I am not saying the other things such as drugs, diet, and workout aren't important. I am just saying that without the genetics to go with it, you can't compete with those that have it.

Your a fool if you think boston lloyd or any other guy on this forum taking a ridiculous amount of AAS and supps is doing what Phill and Kai are doing day in and day out. Not only are Phill and Kai training harder their training more consistently, their diet is on point around the clock, their paying real attention to rest and minimizing stress. There doing every damn thing possible to achieve. And whats the most common phrase i see here " im on 3 grams of gear but have to get my diet in check" ofcourse those are the same guys playing the genetics card on why they cant and wont be pros. Guys like you cant fathom what a real champion does day in and day out

well what kind of "success". if that means being the best in the world, well then genetics is going to be a much larger factor. But if you say success and mean make a living and do relatively well, then its not as big a factor then.

sure it will help loads but someone who has all other areas down but not as good genetics will usually do better than someone with great genetics but shitty training and work ethics.

Its when all things else are equal that genetics rules. So unless you mean being mr Olympia, I think training is actually most important. Who wants it the most and trains the smartest and hardest

100% genetics. This is the case 80% of the time.

it can be represented in this equation

G= Genetics
D= Drugs
F== Food
T= Training

range of each is equal to (.001 to 1) 1 being the greatest, .001 being the weakest

Bodybuilder = (G X D) + (G X F) + (1 + GD) - (1- G)

Last edited:
it can be represented in this equation

G= Genetics
D= Drugs
F== Food
T= Training

range of each is equal to (.001 to 1) 1 being the greatest, .001 being the weakest

Bodybuilder = (G X D) + (G X F) + (1 + GD) - (1- G)

haha more like (D+F+T)^G

I look at it like this: Genetics will determine how you respond to certain drugs, how you will respond to training and how you will respond to a diet.

So genetics are the overarching factor. Drugs do play an important role, but that role vary with how well that person respond to training and diet alone.... so in this case, drugs don't make up as much. But for someone who's body holds a lot of fat and ha a slow metabolism, drugs are going to play a more important role.... so what you have a spectrum or range as to how important each factor is depending primarily your genetics

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity