advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What personal passion project are you working on right now? (Besides BBing)

Vision

Registered
What personal passion project are you working on right now due to the massive down time these past many weeks? Besides fitness/bodybuilding,cross-fit or whatever this lifestyle has.. What personal project are you currently working on? Did you just start,are you midway,are you near complete? Building a home,car/hot-rod,home gym, additions around the house,collecting things,starting a new company of your own, or are you in the planning phase of something to come?

What else takes you time and passion?

I actually just got an other NEW grill, so I been working on my grilling skills and trying new things that I haven't yet done, and really working on my heat levels and paying attention to detail instead of just slapping shit on and grilling it for fast results lol..

You?

I’ve been doing something I never thought I would ever have to do... learning how to be a school teacher. With schools shut down and kids learning from home, I’ve really boned in on what I as a father must do to keep my daughter learning new things and challenging her knowledge. Yeah, they have the online program where each student sits in front of a computer and just like a robot goes through the motions of hitting keys on a keyboard to answer questions on their daily assignments.

I just don’t think that is good enough. I have a fear that all these kids are just going through the motions at home to get their “school work” done as quickly as possible. Each day I make sure to teach my daughter something new. Stuff about our history as well as other countries history. Challenging stuff that makes her mind have to work. Some science, some math, some reading, even music.
Another thing I worry about is these kids not getting the physical education. P.E. Is an important class at school and I’m willing to bet most families don’t incorporate this into these kids day while schools are shut down. Instead they let their kids glue to whatever video games or online entertainment and use that as a baby sitter. Not in my house. No video games, no sitting in front of the television. My wifeband I make sure that some sort of “P.E” class is taught each day from home.

Kids are missing out on so many things that are incorporated into a school day, and many families are not even realizing that one bit. Strange times.

but yeah, I’m learning how to be a school teacher to my daughter as best I can.

I’ve been doing something I never thought I would ever have to do... learning how to be a school teacher. With schools shut down and kids learning from home, I’ve really boned in on what I as a father must do to keep my daughter learning new things and challenging her knowledge. Yeah, they have the online program where each student sits in front of a computer and just like a robot goes through the motions of hitting keys on a keyboard to answer questions on their daily assignments.

I just don’t think that is good enough. I have a fear that all these kids are just going through the motions at home to get their “school work” done as quickly as possible. Each day I make sure to teach my daughter something new. Stuff about our history as well as other countries history. Challenging stuff that makes her mind have to work. Some science, some math, some reading, even music.
Another thing I worry about is these kids not getting the physical education. P.E. Is an important class at school and I’m willing to bet most families don’t incorporate this into these kids day while schools are shut down. Instead they let their kids glue to whatever video games or online entertainment and use that as a baby sitter. Not in my house. No video games, no sitting in front of the television. My wifeband I make sure that some sort of “P.E” class is taught each day from home.

Kids are missing out on so many things that are incorporated into a school day, and many families are not even realizing that one bit. Strange times.

Our high school usually offers summer gym, where the students go to school at 8am each day and get off at 12:30. They do all the traditional activities taught in gym during the school year.

Well, this summer they can't have it so they are having online gym! Lol. My daughter is going to take it to satisfy her gym requirement. She took it 2 years ago too. Taking it in the summer allows the student to take an extra academic class during the school year. I'll make sure she does what she's supposed to, but I bet a lot of kids won't do jack.

Next week all the students take their AP test online! It's open book and open note. No multiple choice, it's all essay and short answer. It might actually be harder than before, and it's only 45 min long for each subject. My oldest daughter is taking her Chinese AP test online, it uses an app on her phone and it is all spoken.

Building a chicken coop.
Smart. I wonder how many others are going to do similar. My buddy has a 25 acre spread, maybe he might do that. He's been talking about it. His house is underground too.

Building a chicken coop.
Right on man. I have 17 chickens running around here. Best eggs you’ll ever eat. I’ve had chickens my whole life. What breed of chickens are you going to get? How many? There is a lot to learn about the chicken. So many thing you learn to make your flock better layers, better temperament, which breed are better layers than others, etc. Let me know if you have any questions

Right on man. I have 17 chickens running around here. Best eggs you’ll ever eat. I’ve had chickens my whole life. What breed of chickens are you going to get? How many? There is a lot to learn about the chicken. So many thing you learn to make your flock better layers, better temperament, which breed are better layers than others, etc. Let me know if you have any questions
I bet there is a lot to it. Most of us don't have a clue. How did you learn everything you need to know about chickens?

Good to hear from you, bud, hope you're well...

My new place will be right outside city limits so space is still a little limited, but I'll be building one big enough for 6 or 7. I would love to have at least a half dozen eggs a day, as that's always been a part of my diet pretty much every single day. As for breeds, I'm still trying to figure all this out. It's a whole nother thing for me to get into, I already feel my OCD kicking in...

Next week all the students take their AP test online! It's open book and open note. No multiple choice, it's all essay and short answer. It might actually be harder than before, and it's only 45 min long for each subject. My oldest daughter is taking her Chinese AP test online, it uses an app on her phone and it is all spoken.

I got a year and a half of college credits from my AP classes. I can't imagine taking the tests on a laptop or phone. "Online" in 1992 meant usenet and bulletin boards where it was text only.

I got a year and a half of college credits from my AP classes. I can't imagine taking the tests on a laptop or phone. "Online" in 1992 meant usenet and bulletin boards where it was text only.
Yeah, I'm nervous for them. My oldest daughter already has credit for a year of two history courses. She's taking English, bio, and Chinese next week.

Younger sister is taking psychology.

I bet there is a lot to it. Most of us don't have a clue. How did you learn everything you need to know about chickens?
I grew up in a farming community. It’s always been a part of me and a way of life. With farm animals, you kind of learn as you go. Just a matter of being around them long enough to get to know how they operate. I will say though, of all the animals I’ve been around I’d say the chicken is the most unique. They all have such a different personality from one to the other. Likes/dislikes, attitudes etc. I’m in my upper 30’s and I’m still learning with every new chick that comes about. Very cool animals. Some as friendly as a good house cat, others as mean as all hell. Strange beings for sure.

You are a good Dad......I admire you a lot for that.

Been doing alot of shooting classes with a buddy that runs some specialty LEO/security classes.

I just tossed a front mount intercooler into my car today. I'm probably not going to sleep tonight because I have to do some minor (hopefully) troubleshooting to do tomorrow and its my only car. I should be good though. My car has been where my fun money goes lately.

I just tossed a front mount intercooler into my car today. I'm probably not going to sleep tonight because I have to do some minor (hopefully) troubleshooting to do tomorrow and its my only car. I should be good though. My car has been where my fun money goes lately.
What kind of car is it? Pretty cool that you are able to install an intercooler on your own. Is this an upgrade or maybe a replacement?

Ive been wanting to upgrade the intercoolers on my 911 turbo, but put it off because of this covid crap.

I have been endulging in my ocd lol
spend so much time at home I decided once a week I would square away rooms/areas of my house.
started with my home office. got it crazy organized and squared away.
then organized and got garage in tip top shape.
then the shed.
up next is my closet, then gonna start on landscaping and yard stuff i want perfected....
-F2S

I have been endulging in my ocd lol
spend so much time at home I decided once a week I would square away rooms/areas of my house.
started with my home office. got it crazy organized and squared away.
then organized and got garage in tip top shape.
then the shed.
up next is my closet, then gonna start on landscaping and yard stuff i want perfected....
-F2S
Gotta fight the natural force of entropy! I kinda do what you appear to have done, let it build up a bit and then do a bunch of work on it all at once, rather than maintain it each and every week.

blame_it_on_entropy_new_yorker.jpeg

Gotta fight the natural force of entropy! I kinda do what you appear to have done, let it build up a bit and then do a bunch of work on it all at once, rather than maintain it each and every week.
its a nasty habit I acquired from my wife. she will go on a cleaning binge but not maintain it. then me and the kiddos don't either.
shelter in place has made me watchi it happen repeatedly and fully realize its insanity lol. she will clean and organize the whole house in a day then over the course of 2-3 days we clutter it up!? so goal is to get everything squared away and then maintain it.
perfect time to do it
-F2S

Never been passionate about anything besides lifting boxing and soccer and not so much about the latter Tbh... Not sure how people do it i just get bored quick

I grew up in a farming community. It’s always been a part of me and a way of life. With farm animals, you kind of learn as you go. Just a matter of being around them long enough to get to know how they operate. I will say though, of all the animals I’ve been around I’d say the chicken is the most unique. They all have such a different personality from one to the other. Likes/dislikes, attitudes etc. I’m in my upper 30’s and I’m still learning with every new chick that comes about. Very cool animals. Some as friendly as a good house cat, others as mean as all hell. Strange beings for sure.

I had a rooster growing up. That thing was meaner than the most vicious dogs I've seen. Pecked a chunk out of a guest in our house.

It would lose it's mind, and attack the cat or chase after people randomly.

Alien creature

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner