over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What REALLY matters in life IS..

I KNOW with all of my heart and mind that I HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS. I LOVE TO HELP PEOPLE--for the sake of HELPING, NOT for recognition.

I know that I am a good person who seeks to improve the lives of everyone around me. I try my best to make the world a better place. I don't need any attention or recognition for that, I TAKE THAT REWARD WITH ME TO THE GRAVE. BEING GOOD IS IT'S OWN REWARD. :)

Why does this clown sound like Stuart Smalley?

"I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone it people like me"

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. ~James D. Miles

I like this quote!

Quick thought

Just a quick comment here.

I don't care how rich, and how intelligent one might be, in every mans life trouble and helplessness will occur. It happens out of nowhere when you least expect it! Everything was going good and disaster strikes! This could be as simple as you car not starting at the local mart. Be genuine in every aspect of your life, and offer what you can. I guarantee it will come 10x back to you when you need it yourself. Those that help in need, will be taking care of in need. I think we all can agree life can bless us at one moment, and at a turn and flip us upside down wondering what the hell happened. I have tried to live my life knowing that good times will be, yet bad times are just around the corner. I have a hard time enjoying the good times because I know the bad times are just as close. This is not a good way to look at things in a positive manner, and causes me much stress and depression. I guess what I'm saying is if you can em brass the good times as much as you can! It is a very hard balance but each day I try to work at it! We as respectable, and caring people must move forward and accept the challenges of life. I guarantee in every mans life his whole thought process will be challenged to a certain event. You will try and reason, explore the cause.. But in the end will be left with faith in where your true heart is. Fellas, know where your heart is and keep true to it as best as you can.

Not sure if this made any sense.. but had to comment.

Dude,

I just googled "Ross Erstling" and the google image that apears is a photo of your abs and upper legs, you in your tighty whitey pants, with a semi erection

And you call others inferior??

It's what you do when no one is watching. It's doing things without receiving the credit.

This boloney is worse than a college admissions essay. If brains were money you would be a charity case.

Oh, good morning everyone.

Stewie, Pink Floyd "I'm all right Jack, keep your hands off of my stack". That's even older than our hey day.

I reserve my good deeds for animals. Because they are infinitely more deserving. And tasty.

It's what you do when no one is watching. It's doing things without receiving the credit.

This boloney is worse than a college admissions essay. If brains were money you would be a charity case.

Oh, good morning everyone.

Stewie, Pink Floyd "I'm all right Jack, keep your hands off of my stack". That's even older than our hey day.

I reserve my good deeds for animals. Because they are infinitely more deserving. And tasty.

True story

Definatley an interesting thread/ topic. There are many creedo's in life; do upon others as you would have them do onto you, do a good turn daily etc..etc. At the end of the day it is my belief that if you have positively effected another in some way, shape or form than inturn you have affected your self in a positive manor as well. The root of community is people helping others when needed with the hope that when you need help someone will inturn be there to help you out. If you give $ to a homeless person than more power to you, that is your business but if you are doing it to be able to tell others about it than you need to think about your motives for doing so. I am not saying that it is right or wrong but a true good deed is selfless in all shape and form. We all need affirmation and grattitude to feel good about ourselves..regardless of if you realize it or not. So if you get your affirmation by doing good and then telling others about it atleast you are still doing good, maybe you are not an angel but you are doing good for others. Take my words for what they are worth, just one mans opinion. God bless.

Don't get me wrong; it feels great looking good, making money, and having power. What really matters in life though, is how many other people you have impacted in a positive way.

totally agree. and just being happy as well

Glad to see one of my GOOD threads being bumped! :)

ross, where is your stand-up comedy video you posted a while back? id love to watch that again mate. funny as heck

So this all comes back to self entitlement/fulfillment. Doing good deeds to make yourself feel or look better is still for self gain. Calling someone inferior is saying you consider yourself superior.

Most homeless people I've ever met and spoke to chose to be homeless, and chose to live under a different set of social norms, it doesn't make them inferior, it just shows they have different things they value in life

Most people give a couple dollars to a homeless man to feel good about themselves, when that amount of money means nothing to let go of. I've seen some people in some pretty desperate situations and watched people pretend not to see them and pretend they would have helped.

I agree that people need to help eachother and blah blah blah but reality is everyone is out to benefit themselves, and for most of us, our children are the only ones who are important and we will complete selfless tasks for.

A cynic who says there's no such thing as altruism? How unique. I disagree with you, but would also like to point on NOTHING you do for your kids is selfless, our only real final biological goal in life is to pass on our genes, protecting and nurturing said genetic material is just as selfish as normal selfish things.

I'm lucky to have a job where I get the chance to help people all day, and the best way is usually to just be kind, patient and listen. After that the rest comes naturally.

Last edited:
A cynic who says there's no such thing as altruism? How unique. I disagree with you, but would also like to point on NOTHING you do for your kids is selfless, our only real final biological goal in life is to pass on our genes, protecting and nurturing said genetic material is just as selfish as normal selfish things.

I'm lucky to have a job where I get the chance to help people all day, and the best way is usually to just be kind, patient and listen. After that the rest comes naturally.

And how would you explain step parents who do so many things for children who have no biological connection to them?

Nice post bro.Its amazing how people are effected by others with just a smile on there face.

What Matters!

To me, what matters most in life is ones HEALTH, if you don't have your health, you don't have anything. Family, money, status, women, it doesn't mean a thing if your not healthy. For instance, my Dad is dieing of Stage 4 Bone Cancer and is in the hospital right now. My Dad lived a very moral life, he lived a Christian lifestyle, went to church when the church doors were open, he was faithful to my mother all 40 something years, no illegal drugs, and one time we had 2 beers apiece together, thats the only time I've ever seen him drink. He treated people with respect and compassion, but he was a workaholic, working 70 to 80 hours a week. I asked him one time if he was bitter about going to die with his bone cancer and he said his treasure is in heaven, not here on earth. My Dad is 65yrs. old and probably won't see 66yrs. I sure don't understand life and probably never will. rt...

And how would you explain step parents who do so many things for children who have no biological connection to them?

Same mechanism, emotionally bonded and invested in offspring, just not happening as nature intended. It's an instinct to protect your offspring. But how do you know who is your offspring? You're body doesn't have a way to sense what DNA something has. Bonding to kids can still happen if it's not your kids. That's not why the instinct evolved though. You've heard of wild animals raising an orphan or even another species.

But you could argue that it's more than just genetic legacy in modern society. People want to feel like the left something behind, that the world is different (hopefully better) b/c of them. They want to have mattered. That's what kids are, how you live forever.

Drug addicts brains get "programmed" or rewired to think that they need drugs just like ours brains think we need food, sleep, or sex. Biology can get mixed up sometimes :)

Not that it's a bad thing to love your stepkids or real kids, it's just not totally selfless.

Here is a small collection of statements I've saved over the years of browsing the internet and opening my eyes to new ideas and ways of thinking. I think there all great in general. I have them all saved in a txt file on my desktop.

Anger reveals weakness of character, violence even moreso.

Putting something off makes it instantly harder and scarier

A person who is unafraid to present a candid version of themselves is as rare as diamonds

Self examination is the only path out of misery

Reveange is for the petty and irresponsible

Getting truly organized can vastly improve anyones life

High quality is worth any quantity, in possessions, friends, and experiences

If you aren't happy single, you won't be happy in a relationship

The urge to punish others has much more to do with venting furstration than correction behavior.

It's easy to make someone's day by just being uncommonly pleasant to them

Most of what children learn from their parents isn't taught on purpose

Problems, when they arise, are rarely as painful as the experience of fearing them

When you break promises to yourself, you feel terrible. Wehn you make a habit of it, you begin to hate yourself

The fewer possessions you have, the more they do for you

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner