advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what shoes are your favorite for the gym?

I'm in desperate need of some new shoes! I have a pair of some cheap New Balance , but they are totally wore down . Any recommendations on some shoes that you wear for lifting BUT also wear casually? I would love the Nike Rom's but I just think they're a bit to heavy for casual wear and outside of the gym they don't look to versatile lol. Maybe something like some Nike Shox which can be casual but also gym shoes and are still kick ass looking, I'm not sure how comfortable they are though. My new balance ones were so comfortable but so damn ugly lol.

Especially at the guy who posted the pic of his bright, colorful, shoes all lined up in a pretty row!
believe it or not there are different shoes for different work. its just like having having the right tools for the job you are doing. you cant use one tool for every job. i dont use 1 pair of shoes for every workout. ;)

believe it or not there are different shoes for different work. its just like having having the right tools for the job you are doing. you cant use one tool for every job. i dont use 1 pair of shoes for every workout. ;)

I know that, and I was just giving you a hard time because I'm jealous! I only own 4 pair's of gym shoe's:( Nike's, Adidas and K Swiss

Last edited:
I have flat feet so I'm a sucker for Asics gel. I find they have great support and don't need insoles added for my flat arches.

I bought a pair in orlando while down at disney, that was like 7 years ago, I haven't gone back Nike since.

Brooks Glycerin 10, best shoe I have ever warn. Brooks are one of the only Dr approved shoes. I highly recommend for runners over 200 lbs And Good Feet insoles.

Glycerin 10

My previous favorites were Addidas Mega Bounce. Nike are good looking but cheap, they never last more than 3 months. Even my 2 year old son destroys Nike in a month. We are too rough for their low quality products.

When it comes to gym shoes there are two categories:

This
images

And everything else

I wore high top Chucks for years while powerlifting, for squatting and deadlifting. Now that I'm in a commercial gym, I wear New Balance Minimus and like them for general lifting and probably would use them for deadlifting over Chucks if I still competed. They are nice and flat, minimal cushioning, and the treads are very grippy. And as light as they are adds practically no weight to my already heavy gym bag.

Old School Otomix for legs, Nike Air Max for everything else

Converse high-tops... simple and cheap, they do the job

So whats your favorite gym shoes? I just got the newbalance minimus and perhaps the minimal type thing is not for me as I am not liking it much for squating. I don't like them as much as my otomix ultimate trainers but they dont fit that well unfortunately.

Thinking of either returning the minimus or exchanging it for another size to see if that helps. Or with the hell with it and just get a new otomix shoe, perhaps try the stingrays.

So curious which shoes you guys like to squat, deadlift, calf raise etc in

I've got the NB minimus and they are all I wear for squating, every workout acutally. I feel like I'm barefoot, great for calf exercises.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131