over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What site , app or whatever do you use to get foods calories

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just wondering what you guys use to get the macros from your foods , for instance how much protein and fat does a cooked chicken breast have?? I’ve seen some rand from 6g-8g protein per ounce

I still do mine by hand, manually. I use the USDA data base a lot for kcals per food item portion...but still use the labels on the foods.

I understand that some say a different gram amount 6-8.
But you just have to pick one and stick with it from then on.

6g per oz for chicken/lean ground beef
8g per oz for most cuts of steak
5g per oz for 93/7 ground turkey
7g per oz for tilapia

ive kinda stuck with that forever.

I understand that some say a different gram amount 6-8.
But you just have to pick one and stick with it from then on.

6g per oz for chicken/lean ground beef
8g per oz for most cuts of steak
5g per oz for 93/7 ground turkey
7g per oz for tilapia

ive kinda stuck with that forever.
What about the fats , that was actually my bigger concern. I don't mind getting a bit extra protein but a bit extra fat in each meal adds up quick

Basically what already has been said. Pick one from google and use that same exact one everytime. I would also buy the same brand of food each time you go to the store.

Google 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast cooked. Find a few that are similar in macros and stick with that one

Google. Then I just compare a few different sources. Although I am easy (very) when it comes to counting macros. Now if I wanted to avoid fat it's more important but I wouldn't worry over a few g's per meal. I personally don't even count the fat from chicken breast. Nevertheless, a good quality chicken breast should contain very little fat (no more than 5g). Although it can vary a lot and then the cooking method could change things even more so. I would just get the same chicken everytime (plus cook it in the same way) and count it by what it says on the pack. Now if yours for whatever reason doesn't state the fat grams I would just count 6oz as 5g max. As long as you are consistent with your source/cooking you know it anything needs to be changed over time.

What about the fats , that was actually my bigger concern. I don't mind getting a bit extra protein but a bit extra fat in each meal adds up quick

Chicken breast and lean ground beef 96/4 are interchangable for me. Both end up at around 1g of f per oz.
Chicken is 1 and the beef is 1.25 but meh, same shit to me.

93/7 ground turkey is 2g per oz.
Tilapia or 99% ground turkey are basically 1g or less so i usually dont even count it.

The toughest one for me is cuts of steak and chicken thighs. Flank steak is my go-to when looking for a good cut.
2g per oz. Top Round or Eye of Round is leaner than that but much less flavorful and a tougher cut.
And I bring up chicken thighs because I get reallllly bored of chicken breast. I had been doing lots of meals of chicken breast or 96/4 ground beef + 1-2 cups of rice and 2-4oz of avocado for added fats. Did a couple meals (2-3) everyday for like 9 months and then just got siiick of the chicken breast and 96/4.
My change up was 93/7 ground turkey or some flank steak — basically getting my fats from the protein source rather than adding in avocado.
I do the chicken thighs as my dinner meal when my carbs are lower. Using animal fat instead of adding in EVOO or avocado.

The tough thing with this is finding something that's cost-efficient.
Realistically, chicken thighs and maybe ground turkey are probably the cheapest sources you can get.

I also know a couple of guys that buy the higher fat ground beef and boil it all to get the fat out of it. Then just throw it back in a frying pan to heat it up. I have done that before and you can turn a fattier (cheaper priced) ground beef meal into a very lean one, but the texture and taste isn't quick the same. Dante was a big proponent of basically buying ANY ground beef fat content and washing it under really hot water to rid it of the excess fat.

I've basically explored all options on ways to make my food exciting, delicious AND ways to have me eat this for long periods of time without being bored. At the moment i do 2-3 shakes a day with 2-3 solid food meals and a greek yogurt meal.

As a dude who loves to cook I have settled on 2 steaks a day 2 chicken breast a day and 2 fish fillets a day.

If I don't feel I need this much I will subtract...I only add in carb sources when I feel I need it...carb source lately has been scotch

I always use MyFitnessPal just from habit of using it for many years and always weigh track every food I cook from scratch just prefer knowing what’s in them and I always read the label before purchasing any food and the first macro is calories then fat content as these two got to be on the lower end for me

not a big fat guy prefer low fat over high fat even protein meats Turkey over chicken better amino profile less fat better cuts of meat usually beef frying steak low fat tastes far nicer melts in your mouth than a sirloin that’s got way to much fat and its much tougher when eating.

also less fat means I can get eat and choose foods that’s much more filling and have more volume per meal

and rarely use sauces as sugar content is to high just spice seasoning very hot which have a benefit on metabolism also. And braggs beef aminos which are amazing combined with apple cider v mother.

You really need to be careful with random stats like on MFP. Cross reference other sources before plugging in values, some are WAY off

I always use MyFitnessPal just from habit of using it for many years and always weigh track every food I cook from scratch just prefer knowing what’s in them and I always read the label before purchasing any food and the first macro is calories then fat content as these two got to be on the lower end for me

not a big fat guy prefer low fat over high fat even protein meats Turkey over chicken better amino profile less fat better cuts of meat usually beef frying steak low fat tastes far nicer melts in your mouth than a sirloin that’s got way to much fat and its much tougher when eating.

also less fat means I can get eat and choose foods that’s much more filling and have more volume per meal

and rarely use sauces as sugar content is to high just spice seasoning very hot which have a benefit on metabolism also. And braggs beef aminos which are amazing combined with apple cider v mother.
Turkey and chicken do NOT compares to beef when it comes to amino profile.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131