advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What straps do you use? These are a game changer for me..

Vision

Registered
I suffer from major forearm Arm Pump (and lower back pump) - Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome (CECS) of the Forearm in better words, genetics suck..
Recently, I had some suggestions handed down to me to better assist and to ditch the tested,tried and true old school straps that we all grew up with.. I knew better and been lazy with making the move as heard of guys swearing by these better straps for years..I'm late to lunch, what can I say?
I grabbed me those versa-gripps pros, but I couldn't see spending the money, but I owed it to myself.
Absolute game changer and almost no CECS activation..Say what?

No major injuries due to the gym, yet, and I'm on 25 years off and on. I plan on keeping it that way. I wish I snagged these sooner, I know better..

Anyone else using these?

I've never used them but see them mentioned often when talking about lifting straps. Maybe I'll give t them a try. I can't feel my back without forearms taking over.

Funny you created this thread as I watched this video earlier...

I use gloves in the gym (hands sweat which can effect lifting) but literally nothing else. I don't use a belt or any knee or elbow straps etc. However I was thinking about getting some straps recently. I have a standard pair I never use because they are too thick and actually make movements harder as I can't grip things properly. I was going to get a thin pair of straps but the cobra and versa grips but look great.

I've never used them but see them mentioned often when talking about lifting straps. Maybe I'll give t them a try. I can't feel my back without forearms taking over.
Some guys don't need them, but other guys simply just have a genetic predisposition like myself.. forearm pumps become absolutely unbearable and excruciating.. there's times I have to mix up my routine just to let my forearms have 5 or 10 minutes of rest well using some other type of movement. I absolutely love the activation of my forearms, but when ON forget about it the pump is simply too much.. there's a few cheaper versions out there but you at least owe it to yourself to try them.. you can snatch the weight just as easily as you can detach from the weight and bail, literally effortlessly..

I use gloves in the gym (hands sweat which can effect lifting) but literally nothing else. I don't use a belt or any knee or elbow straps etc. However I was thinking about getting some straps recently. I have a standard pair I never use because they are too thick and actually make movements harder as I can't grip things properly. I was going to get a thin pair of straps but the cobra and versa grips but look great.
I'm actually right there with you in the excessive sweaty hand department.. my gym does not allow any chalk for the obvious reason, gloves just make it worse. And the old conventional straps like you said make the grip too wide and uncomfortable, even when I cut them down a little bit.. but these straps are like a rubberish leather type of material.. you can literally losing your grip about 25 or 30% at the same time still keeping your movement fully activated. I'm simply just a moron for not getting these sooner.. your movement is immediately available the moment you grip it, with the obvious of making some minor adjustments.. release and you're done..

I’ve got a pair of versa-gripps…..i like them a lot! IMO they are a lot better than regular straps. I feel like they have really helped my back training.

Don’t use any gear, I figure whats the point of being able to lift more if it’s not actually because of my actual strength?

I suffer from major forearm Arm Pump (and lower back pump) - Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome (CECS) of the Forearm in better words, genetics suck..
Recently, I had some suggestions handed down to me to better assist and to ditch the tested,tried and true old school straps that we all grew up with.. I knew better and been lazy with making the move as heard of guys swearing by these better straps for years..I'm late to lunch, what can I say?
I grabbed me those versa-gripps pros, but I couldn't see spending the money, but I owed it to myself.
Absolute game changer and almost no CECS activation..Say what?

No major injuries due to the gym, yet, and I'm on 25 years off and on. I plan on keeping it that way. I wish I snagged these sooner, I know better..

Anyone else using these?
I do and love them. Mine are like green lol

i got the cobra grips

tried the versas didn’t like them. Cobras are better quality. Watched the same video

I'm really glad that video was posted by Elvia, because I'm actually going to purchase the other pair.. the guy is correct in the video about digging into the wrist..the cobra looks like it's really supportive but at the same time it looks like an awful lot to be around my wrists. I can see it getting cumbersome..

But I'm all about adapting and that's all I've been doing since day one, 25 years later and I'm still adapting.. I'll purchase a pair tonight and give my feedback on them when I get them.. I really like that leather it looks a lot more flexible. The versa tongue strap is a bit thick now when I look at the comparison..

Vision, has that forearm pump ever resulted in elbow pain? Dealing with some now, might break out the Versas and see if they help.

Vision, has that forearm pump ever resulted in elbow pain? Dealing with some now, might break out the Versas and see if they help.
That's a negative, it was not a result of elbow pain. It's simply just a genetic predisposition that a lot of people actually have. Believe it or not there's a lot of world-class professional Motocross riders that have the same thing, and some of them end up having to get the fascia tissue removed around the muscle in order to allow it to swell larger.
However I do have tendonitis in my one arm and I noticed it helps immensely.
I feel silly saying this, I have no affiliation with this company,but they are an absolute game-changer, and the suggestion above about a much similar product called Cobra grip, if the Cobra grip is its rival than I also suggest that one as well.
It will literally change your current game.

I have the versa pro aswell. When you get into that heavy volume training and your forearms give out but the rest of you can keep going this is where they really shine.

I have the versa pro aswell. When you get into that heavy volume training and your forearms give out but the rest of you can keep going this is where they really shine.
Now you're speaking my language..
That's right where my forearms give out, but every other inch of me including my instinct is nowhere near ready to hang it up.

just DONT use leather straps! had one tear on me during heavy cable rows. coulda really gotten hurt/break equipment
-F2S

Schiek makes exact copy of versa grips for 20$ less. Infact I think versa took their idea lol

Versa Gripps, since I've started using them my volume on back days has exploded.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
RES15NMV
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws